Sent a appeal penalty ticket, no response after 3 days

Is there a way to talk to a actual human being on the phone or via live chat or something?

I made a ticket for a unrelated issue 5 or so days ago and was met with a AI response or something that didnt answer a very basic question I asked.

Is there a way to actually talk to a real person or speed up the ticket process?

Thank you

No. You can’t jump the line of all of the other people who have been waiting ahead of you.

Appeals are only handled via tickets. The phone line was removed over a decade ago because of people misusing the line for things such as appeals that it wasn’t meant for. Live chat is usually available for billing and account issues - but NOT appeals. And it’s currently down due to an influx of tickets.

So you will have to wait on your turn in the queue, I’m afraid. So long as you’ve got the ticket # to prove it was submitted properly, you’ve done all you need to do unless they ask you for more information.

And also - it’s not bloody AI and I wish people would stop trying to use buzzwords like that to try and get their jabs in. You received a TEMPLATED response that was sent to you by a real live person. They use templates so they’re not spending all day writing the same email over and over and over again with only changing a word here or there. Templated responses help make the process uniform and a little bit quicker.

20 Likes

The reason I mentioned AI was due to the fact that I asked a question about something in game and they gave me a response that had literally nothing to do with what I asked. How would a real human look at what I was asking and give me that response is beyond me.

Regardless thank you

1 Like

Just to give a general answer to this:

They use templates, they haven’t had handwritten one in years as it ate up too much time and made the ticket time skyrocket. They don’t have templates for every last thing or edge cases. So they use the cloest one for the sake of giving info close as related to it.

6 Likes

Because if you asked something in regards to an issue outside of your appeal, that wasn’t the place for it honestly. And if it was in regards to your appeal - unfortunately we’ve seen it that they’re just focusing on whether your appeal was denied or accepted. If you’re asking for something like a sample of what was said (solely assuming off the top of my head that it was a social sanction that dinged you, just for an example), perhaps a SFA can enlighten you here, or you can keep asking if/when you appeal again. I have seen people say they were told eventually, but a lot of the time it seems like the question is being lost in the appeals process.

You’re welcome to ask here and folks will do their utmost to try and help if it wasn’t in regards to your appeal as well.

4 Likes

Yeah that sucks tbh cuz the info they gave didnt answer my question at all.

Oh yeah I didnt ask a unrelated question when appealing, I just made a ticket asking for a clarification on rules.

Im playing SoD and GDKPs were banned (which im fine with), recently I was selling SM GY rare spawn kills and was told by people in game and on discord that I could get banned for doing that as it fell under GDKPs.

This didnt make much sense to me since mages are allowed to sell boosts, where they can kill bosses who drop loot in their pulls for gold. They then reply with a link about their in game code of conduct which didnt answer the question and hasnt been updated in 4 years.

You were spamming this in Local Defense - and Yell, neither of which are appropriate channels for anything with WTS in it. It also looked to be a bit spammy.

That template is for any chat violation that has been upheld. This one was.

23 Likes

Perfect thanks for letting me know. Any clue as to why it was a 7 day ban though over a regular mute?

1 Like

Because it wasn’t the first offense, Jasem.

They tend to double from this point forward as well.

18 Likes

Ah ha, gottcha.

Well, the bad thing is they very rarely will say X is allowed or not, because they have to keep their rules on the vague side of things due to how fluid and ever-changing player creativity is. They can say GDKPs are no longer allowed, but they’ve not commented on any other “services” for gold.

The official stance as far as anything else:

So long as you’re following the rules of ONLY advertising in Trade Chat (not General or LFG or Locak Defense or any other global channel), it is allowed, though unsupported. It’s a risk not only the player receiving the service, as they can get their gold stolen, but it’s a risk to you as well - because we have seen people suspended/banned over receiving illegal gold unknowingly.

Note that this is as of this moment and is always subject to change if the Devs decide to change the script like they did with GDKPs.

4 Likes

When you multiple offense do you mean it actually being punished multiple times? Because the last time I got a mute it was 3 months ago at the start of Phase 1. I never even got a 2-3 day ban either which is what I normally see for chat violations.

Also when do I go back to getting normal punishments? Is it every 3, 6, 12 months where your “chances” get reset or something?

There’s no ‘resets’ when it comes to punishments. Sooner or later, if you keep it up, can lead to account closer.

11 Likes

Sanctions never fall off. And social sanctions double each time. So while it was a silence before, you’re up to a week now. Next time will be for two weeks, and so on.

9 Likes

Gotcha, so how do they determine how many days you get? Ive seen most chat violations be 2-3 days never a week unless they were saying actual slurs or something. Also what channels are appropriate for selling dungeon carry runs? Just general, trade and LFG?

ONLY Trade. (Scroll up, I linked the support article). Anything else will get you for posting anything with WTS in it. ESPECIALLY the LFG channel.

Source

A week is pretty standard now. Silences are being bypassed in a lot of cases entirely because the sanctions weren’t working. They’ve had to push back hard and make penalties hurt to try and stem behavior that breaks the rules.

9 Likes

That was true before 2016. In 2016 they went to a Silence system that started at 24 hours and doubled each time. That did not have the desired impact on stopping the behavior. These days it seems to be a week silence for a first offense, then a week suspension, doubled to 2 weeks next time, etc. Of course, anything egregious enough can result in jumping straight to a long suspension or an account closure.

That never resets. Any chat penalties on your account since 2016 count for the current penalty judgements.

12 Likes

I see but ive seen people near the start of phase one show screenshots that they were banned for chat violations and they almost always had just a 2-3 day ban. Thanks for answering the question though :slight_smile:

1 Like