Send the Battle Chicken out to pasture

Happening in my guild, the gold farmers are paying for people to go engi. By gold farmers mean players with paladin alts farming mass gold from Strat and are sitting on 20-40k+ gold.

1 Like

Sounds like a lot of fun, honestly.

Yea people who are saying that it’s not widespread are either being disingenuous or arent paying attention.

1 Like

Just ask warcraft logs to ban it :upside_down_face:

it’s brought up pretty much daily on the warcraft logs discord. They would prefer for blizzard to make the move because they don’t want to deal with the high amount of tickets flagging parses that use the chickens.

How hard is it to just filter those out?
For every buff in raid: If buff equals Squak, flags it invalid.

The squawk buff can be buggy on logs so it’s not straight forward to track apparently

Even the top fury warrior in the world thinks this garbage has to go https://i.imgur.com/6diyEQD.png .

3 Likes

there’s several ways to fix this. when blizz fixed the proccing of multiple squawks on yourself (via proccing it and logging off for 20 minutes, logging back in and reproccing it), i thought theyd just make it so you can only have 1 period but they missed the mark

drums got nerfed to prevent everyone from needing to be lw and the effect of drums are much less significant. chicken being a vanilla trinket and being stackable is most definitely an oversight i wish they’d just fix instead of letting ride

1 Like

Here’s to hoping it’s gone tomorrow.

If other people want to put in extra effort and get a chicken there is nothing wrong with that. But acting like you or anyone else is being forced is just a lie. The truth is you are lazy and don’t want to put in the effort that other are in order to do more. Instead you want to take away their ability to do more and it’s disgusting

The game is blatantly not balanced around this. Tier 6 bosses will already die fast enough. This will make the game unfun by invalidating mechanics.

This is a social game, you do your best to help your team by doing as much damage as you can. Of course you’re forced to.

I disagree with you being forced to do this, unless your guild says “everyone needs to have a battle chicken”. My guild is pretty try hard and no one feels forced to use squak. Now, if you’re competing for top world parse as a melee then yes it’s 100% required, but that’s really it.

Now, someone elses ability to potentially bypass mechanics by doing massive dps has literally 0 effect on my experience in this game. I couldn’t possibly care less about it.

Game design should be about rewarding players for doing good, not punishing them for doing good.

Forcing people into gnomish engineering to perform better is a punishment for wanting to do more DPS. I don’t know anyone who likes the chicken as a game mechanic.

Unlike scrolls, for example, which doesn’t punish anyone for using them as they are available without locking you out of other content and they aren’t necessary for clearing content.

3 Likes

I hate waiting for my raid members to get their chicken procs before bosses

3 Likes

i hate getting chicken procs before bosses

Then… Don’t?

lmao :clown_face:

You have people from actual top speedrun and parse guilds telling you they don’t like it. But yeah. Disgusting that you could want to deprive them of their chickens!

2 Likes

ahlaundoh himself said he wants chickens nerfed. That tells you something.

Who? Why do we care what a random person we dont know thinks?

Slicy thinks Hunters/mages/locks should be nerfed. Means about as much