Sell me on pet battles

For me it was another fun thing to collect. I’ve used Pet Battles to level 86-88’ish as well, but it’s mostly a fun thing to do when I’m bored and more thing to check off as I get more pets.

I’m really happy two pets can pretty much do every WQ.

It bugs me if I have to look up a guide x 2 everyday.

1 Like

3000 rep with Unshackled

not true at all. i didnt start doing pet battles seriously till Feb of this year… i did have a bunch of pets from pet collecting starting in wrath, but max level i had starting was like lvl 14. i have an extensive team, have the pets for most every comp, except for missing DMF pets as ive never done DMF aside from checking it out. you can easily start now, the hardest part is leveling initially.

as for OP, its actually pretty fun, I’m like you, i enjoy mount collecting and fishing also and when i jumped headfirst into pet battles, at first it was just something to do, but before long i was really looking forward to it.

for your first team to level, level an Anubisath Idol. dude is an MVP for sure and can use him when collecting and leveling new pets out in the wild. And its perfect timing as next week is pet battle week!

so OP, give next week a shot and start leveling some pets. once you get a couple lvl 25’s, its easy to level other pets, just need them active for 1 round, let a lvl 25 do the rest and the low level gets all the xp. i think you find its actually pretty fun! this is also coming from someone who never liked pokimon…

2 Likes

have one of the rare upgrade pet stones (theres a WQ up in Naz still i believe for one) head to Howling Fjord, check coords: (45.9, 43.1) (68.2, 67.6) (71.7, 43.2) there should be one at one of those locations. capture it regardless of quality and upgrade to rare! they only come as B/B or H/H i believe, so dont worry which one, either will work.

What barrier to entry? Can buy an anklerender for like 200g

1 Like

I can’t sell you on them. They’re dumb. I don’t play WoW to play a halfassed ripoff of Pokémon.

There are a lot of these now. They have set spawn locations on wowhead. A friend and I found 3 within about 20 min the other day.

If you’re a collector, then yeah, you’re missing out. It’s also a deceptively complex system with a lot of gameplay to be had. Pet battles sustained me through the bulk of WoD, actually. It can be pretty addictive. It’s not just about collecting pets and making them fight other pets. It’s about finding the right pets with the right abilities and the right strengths and then using the right abilities in the right order. Some of those pet battles can be pretty brutal to overcome. Like the celestial tournament. Its worth getting into. Highly recommended if you’re looking for something to get into to keep you interested in the game.

1 Like

I have been addicted to pets ever since I started playing the game. In fact how I made my gold for flying was by selling pets in the auction house that was back during BC.

A horde character would sell the dragon Hawks in the neutral a h and I would buy them and in turn I would put up cats and he would buy them so we traded back and forth. I sold those and that was actually how I earned the gold for my dreadsteed back in BC and then I also used selling pets to get the gold for my flying.

Pet battling is actually a natural thing for me I’ve never played Pokemon or Pokemon go but I like the pet battling in this game it does involve strategy and planning especially when you go against some of the elite pet battle bosses and you get to collect bunches and bunches of pets which I really love

1 Like

I actually felt the same way at first, and I know this will upset people here (sorry), but I thought the announcement of MoP itself was a joke from Blizzard. I remember the day it was announced and everyone in my guild was laughing, thinking it just had to be a joke.

As far as pet battles, I did finally decide to give them a try and realized they were a lot more fun than I thought they would be. It’s not something I put a ton of time into by any means, but it is something I enjoy doing here and there in the game. If you haven’t ever tried it, I would recommend at least trying them. You never know, you may find yourself having a lot of fun!

I’m 53 and I enjoy pet battles you young whippersnapper you
Lol

4 Likes

Did a few, I think my max level pet is an 8 or so. I just never found them all the fun or interesting. Don’t do them anymore, for pretty much the same reason I never got Pokémon Go (or whatever they called it) on my phone. It just doesn’t interest me in the slightest.

But it should stay in the game as there are a bunch of folks who just love it to death. I think the game has bled off enough players for this xpac.

1 Like

No.

And what really pisses me off about pet battles is that some idiot at Blizzard is going to look at the achievement points I have in that category and think I enjoy them.

I don’t. I just want the bloody points.

1 Like

Yeah Pokemon GO was a headache for me at the start. Never played it, but had friends who did, one was talking about there being a rare whatever in my neighbors yard, I told him if he went in to my neighbors yard for some thing as stupid as “catching” a creature that doesn’t exist I’d ban him from ever stepping foot in my house again. Had times where friends would stand in my yard playing that crap. It stopped when I almost broke a phone.

2 Likes

I’m now doing pet battles on my DK just to see if I can get some extra rep.
I say extra because I didn’t do it before and fairly suck at it.

Anyway, they remind me of a type of puzzle so they’re not bad.

Everyone talking about how you don’t have an unborn valk:

I got all 3 of mine in the same spot, using the same character and method, right after they were released (so it should be about a million times easier now!).

Make level 1 alt on abandoned rppvp server. Have friend with flying/portals port you to Northrend, carry you to the ledge spawn point of Sholazar Basin (36.9, 19.4) and leave you there. There are no aggressive mobs on that ledge that will kill your level 2 self. Just /exit if there isn’t one there, log back in randomly and I promise, there will be one just sitting there waiting on you! Or 3 if you leave it parked there long enough :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

What else are you gonna do between patches?

That’s funny, because that is exactly how I got into pet battles myself. When I first saw that cute little calfling I needed him to run around with me. So I spent weeks putting together my starter set of pets, and after so many disappointments, I finally saved up the tokens needed to buy him. It’s years later, and when it comes to which pets I have running with me it’s either him or my Ji’khun hatchling named Beakachu >.>

2 Likes

I only ever really got into pet battling for the collection aspect. I’ve done nothing with the system beyond that, tbh, and I don’t plan to anytime soon because of how oddly difficult it is to even begin to breach the mass of content I’ve been semi-ignoring for 4 xpacs