Seeking clarity on updated policy

Ok, I definitely misunderstood. I apologize for that! :dracthyr_heart:

2 Likes

If thatā€™s the case and Fin is correctā€¦ then that is an issue.

My apologies for thinking ā€œlicenseā€ meant WoW license. Though Iā€™m hoping it does meanWoW licenses after Vrak gets some more clarification.

1 Like

Itā€™s all good, Itā€™s why I bring these things to peoples attention to get the ball rolling on fixing it.
A big thanks to Nobully and Vrak for help in this matter.

4 Likes

youā€™re welcome
the updated answer is now marked as the solution.

4 Likes

Seems pretty messed up that some troll can remove 480 names per account forever so long as they play arc light rumble from that same bnet account once every 3 years. Who decided this change was a good idea?

1 Like

The developers and it used to be every 2 expansions per wow account its always been have game time or run the risk of losing ur name.

1 Like

If you have feedback on this, you can submit that on the General Discussion forum or use the in game suggestion tool. This is a peer to peer help desk, so any feedback you have isnā€™t going to be seen here.

3 Likes

I just want to know who among them signed off on this for clarity is all.

Now itā€™s simply log into any game within that timeframe and all WoW licenses get to keep their names. So you can log into Hearthstone and keep your WoW names.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s not information we can provide.

3 Likes

noone called the devs trolls, try and read that again.

They didnā€™t call the devs trolls. They were referring to a player who can take up 480 names just to do it.

5 Likes

Would love to see Blizz add support for hyphenated and/or surnames. It would vastly increase the pool of possible names that donā€™t require special characters.

3 Likes

Iā€™m going to close this thread, but for clarificationā€¦ As far as Iā€™ve been able to determine, it has been this way for many years now. It isnā€™t a change in policy, it is simply how the system currently works and has been working.

8 Likes