Seeking clarity on updated policy

Vrak gave specifics as to what the article means. In this thread. I just quoted it.

You cannot play Hearthstone and have names in WoW saved.

You have to be active on a license. A license is in reference to WoW. We can have up to 8 WoW licenses. So if you log into WoW1 then all names on WoW2 are safe.

Please read Vrak’s posts from earlier today when he specifically asked for the information to tell us.

3 Likes

Yeah just looking at this logically, you have to have WoW downloaded to create a character to save a name.

So, I’m not sure how having a Hearthstone account can help with that…

… unless I’m missing something?

2 Likes

I can post you the responses from the GM tickets if you’d like to see. I think the semantics of the terms accounts and licenses are being confused. But several GMs and tickets later they ALL say it’s Bnet account activity. Meaning as long as someone is playing ANYTHING on ANY bnet licensed IP they will maintain their WoW names on that bnet account.

That’s the way I understand it too. You would have to be active on any WoW license to have your BattleNet names saved in WoW.

Edit: In response to Sendryn.

1 Like

Irrelevant. We were given the specifics from Vrak.

It’s Bnet account activity for WoW. Because you can have several licenses on one Bnet account.

I just explained it. Vrak just explained it.

2 Likes

This would imply anything on that bnet account stirring activity.

I’m not sure why you refuse to read what’s here, but you need to read entire posts and what I quoted you.

That was Vrak’s response after he said:

1 Like

Because I’m right as Vrak clarifies below later in this post.

1 Like

You can have 8 WoW licenses under one Bnet account. If you are active on only 1 of the 8 WoW licenses, all the names on those 8 licenses are saved since they are all under the same Bnet.

2 Likes

Which is still a pretty glaring issue

1 Like

I’m not implying anything. Vrak stated it very clearly. Because he went to get clarification for us.

GMs gave you the information they know from the Support Article. Which is Bnet account. Which isn’t wrong. It’s just not ALL of the details. It’s activity on a license that will keep Bnet account wide names.

2 Likes

It doesn’t change much though, in essence 1 bnet account can take 480 names off the board for 4 years minimum, or indefinitely if they just log in once every 3 years.

While I’m sure it’s a ways off (Unless exploited), it’s only a matter of time before the current policy and naming system will run out of choices and no new characters can be created.

Is in response to this btw:

I’m not saying it does. I’m just making sure that the details are clarified.

That’s why I used the in game suggestion tool to ask for the option of one space, hyphen or apostrophe to give more options that make sense with racial naming conventions we see on NPCs and give people more options.

I encourage everyone to do the same.

2 Likes

To be fair though, that’s been asked for and suggested since vanilla by tons of people every year.
They really should go back to that 2021 policy change and take a look at how it is handled if they want to buy time to implement adding space or hyphens and what not as a necessary change to add significantly more choices in options.

I’ll try to remember to do that this evening when I get home.

1 Like

We’ve been asking for a lot of things since Vanilla that are only just now starting to see some notice. I will still keep asking, though. Because I’d love to have the same types of names NPCs can have and this is probably one of those hard coded things like the backpack that’s going to take some time to figure out.

They could change the policy back, and that’s absolutely good feedback, as well. But again, just needs to be in the right spot, which isn’t here. :wink:

1 Like

correct, we’re just here for clarification on the matter.

Every Game Master you spoke to doesn’t necessarily have the level of access I do, Finraziell. They’d primarily go off of what they have in the Support Article, and they appear to have been accurate in that regard.

For clarification, by “any license” I do mean any game license on the Battle.net account, not exclusive to WoW licenses. I am checking to make sure that I have that right and will update if that is not but as I understand it, the timer will refresh by logging into any WoW license you have on the Battle.net account as well as your Hearthstone license.

As I mentioned, this is something that could be updated at some point in the future as we want to be fair to all involved. This currently works within the limitations of the systems we have.

12 Likes

I appreciate the clarification you were able to bring this matter. I was certain that was what it meant, but it’s good to know for sure.

1 Like