Seasonal Resets Coming with Shadowlands

There is still honor as a currency? Why am I unaware of this?

I mean. In MoP they were somewhere on the wall of the valley. And in WoD they were at the main city no one ever went to because everyone stuck to their garrison. BC its like what Azumaryst Isle? And WotLK I actually have no idea where it is in WotLK, I think they actually stuck with just in Dalaran. So if Blizzard goes out of their way to hide these vendors of course people couldnt find them.

They were never hidden or difficult to find at all. That was just a bad excuse given by Ion to try and justify removing the vendor system. He even acknowledged it in the blog post he made where he announced the return of vendors in SL.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/23377994/shadowlands-developer-update

Also of note are some changes to PvP currencies—notably, Conquest is once again a spendable currency earned through Shadowlands Rated PvP. Players will be able to use Conquest points to purchase specific items of their choice from a vendor in the capital city of Oribos (in an easy-to-find location, naturally). Conquest can also be used to upgrade that gear further (similar to how Benthic gear worked with Manapearls in Rise of Azshara). We’ll have lots more information to share on the details of this system, as well as our broader endgame itemization plans, as the alpha rolls on and we reach max-level content.

I know its a bad excuse from Blizzard. But I always had to google the locations of these vendors too. Blizzard doesnt actually provides solid locations for these vendors so you cant really blame the player base for not being able to find them.

Im glad its making a return though, let’s just hope they are in solid locations this time and not having to fly half across the map to find them.

It had an honor symbol or conquest symbol on the map where to find them lol.

As Ricros said it was just a bad excuse they gave to justify removing it.

I never did? I was just pointing out that it was a pathetic excuse because the vendors were not hard to find. Like Alphon pointed out above me, the vendors had a symbol on the map that you could find upon zooming out.

They removed the vendor because it was too stable of a gearing path vs the titanforging they wanted to put in for legion.

1 Like

In other words, they removed it because of PvE. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Yep and I’m not gonna deny that.

You would not even be able too anyways upgrading it is timegated behind renown

I need a flow chart.

The Dark Side!

I have 32k honor atm. That’s enough to buy the full set and upgrade all of it to rank 3 which is the max you can upgrade it to before you are blocked by renown.

:woman_shrugging: Im not saying you said that. Im just merely adding to your point.

ahh okay i wasnt sure if you meant all of it my mistake i took it as you meant every rank

32 000 honor x 0.002 / honor = 64 silver, grats!
Joke, i don’t actually know the rate…

I really wish we had been given more to spend our honor on instead of just underwhelming gear. Oh well, looking forward to having pvp currencies back for SL :slight_smile:

Honor currency exists now in prepatch because its going to exist in Shadowlands, so it sort of existed with no real use during prepatch.

Jeez, even the merchants find Titan Residium to be worthless.

1 Like

It was added back in the prepatch.