Season of Discovery Realm Consolidation

Not a merger. Optional server transfer.

If they keep character creation open, and the vast majority of you guys don’t want to transfer off due to the ping, just stay there and you will be fine. Based on the responses in this thread, hardly anyone would even take the optional transfer and the server pop will be fine, as long as character creation isn’t closed.

1 Like

They aren’t therefore it is not optional.

Please stop repeating the same rubbish.

Why aren’t you guys asking for this over “have the 3 part time sod devs come up with new server tech where OCE has their own layers on NA servers”? Or don’t allow server transfers at all from OCE until you have too low of a pop?

It is still optional even with character creation closed.

If the vast majority of you guys on here don’t want to transfer, then don’t. Band together and keep your server going. Hardly anyone is actually creating new characters at this point anyways. If shadowstrike has 3k active raiders and 1k of them left, you still have plenty for raids and dungeons. Are you worried that a lot more than 1k will take the optional transfer?

Because we want to save our server not help kill it … are you really that thick ?

Blizzard never cared about SoD. I honestly don’t know why they even made it. Its been mishandled the entire time and filled with controversy. Its like they made it just so they could say they tried and failed for “Classic +”

This server merger is just the cumulation of bad decisions.

Good luck saving your server from the optional server transfer that majority of you do not want to take because of ping but will be forced to because majority of the server will transfer for a higher pop server.

Keeping the optional server transfer available but not closing character creation seems like the easiest solution to me.

But maybe you guys can convince blizz that nobody gets to transfer off of the low pop OCE server. Or convince blizz to spend resources coming up with new server tech where OCE players can play on NA with low ping.

Seeded instances are a thing, it’s not new tech, they have it. Can be done.

1 Like

If that is a thing that can be easily implemented with little to no resources from blizz, I hope you all get that.

I’m just under the impression that sod’s dev team is severely lacking support and resources so any thing that isn’t easily just ported over with little to no work is a pipe dream.

The amount of resources they have isn’t our concern. They make a lot of money. It’s not our job to be their accountants. Don’t defend MBA nonsense. They have the resources.

1 Like

Not from sod they don’t. Therefore it has had a bare bones dev team that splits its time between several versions of the game.

Not defending blizz. Just pointing out how stuff actually works. A dedicated full time sod team would have been great for the game. But we got abandoned in the ST phase when they had to go all hands on deck to save the cata launch which brings in more money from wow tokens alone vs all of the people paying subs exclusively for sod.

That’s not how fungibility works. They have plenty of resources. Making excuses for why a corporation like Microsoft/Activision/Blizzard is absolutely hysterical. It’s greed. They have the resources.

please Exclude OCE from this, do not include them.

Every “how a corporation internally works” post I’ve had has been deleted so let me tell actually how it goes in a nutshell. The business drives the initiatives that tech/devs is to be worked. It’s not about easy. It’s about ROI. Each project has a man power “score” next to it. SoD is probably at the bottom of the list.

Not even that the project list isn’t split into major categories. It could be small things like "Retail - RMT Mount ", “Retail - RMT Window”, “Retail - Discount for the Holiday”. Each has resources attached to it. You can imagine how SoD falls to the way side.

This isn’t a private server, where developers have the liberty of doing things “on the side”. Nor is it a start up where you can just implementing things because it’s easy. Your manager ultimately reports into the business, and he’s going to make damn well sure what he’s responsible for - you’re working on.

Do raid lockouts follow your character?

they do, they changed this a while back, as some guilds before the top end raids came out where server hopping to get gear.

then they bought in requirements for Server first achievements meaning you had to be on the server for 30 days to be eligible, so they just server hopped raids with alts for BOES and cleaned out AHS.

hasnt been a thing since i think WOD when it was RAMPANT

1 Like

so why cant i transfer to crusader strike? from shadowstrike?

1 Like

I thought the code bases for the game were updated to be similar to eachother, and/or run off the same clients? Obviously there’s a lot more under the hood/backdoor, but it shouldn’t be outside the realm of possibilities. Can’t just have people seed into an instance/dungeon thats located on say shadowstrike? even if they’re on Crusadestrike.