Season of Discovery Realm Consolidation

The problem is faction balance, thats it.
Some people enjoy the fact that anywhere in contested zones you can run into a PvP senerio, even if it can end up one sided. It all depends on how you want to play.
Now if there is a mass exodus of a single faction from a PvP server to PvE servers you will ultimately end up with another “PvE” server that is really PvP but with 85-100% horde or alliance. This isnt new and it happened with 2019 classic, especially on my server Whitemane where it was almost 100% horde dominated and the entire PvP aspect of the server was non-existent.
It all boils down to if you want to have those world scwabbles between factions.
On my server if a group of people are being a menace usually within 30-45mins another group from the opposite faction will come in and start fighting back and thats something I like to see as positive and engaging the community.
Not to confuse this with toxic behavior like griefing people for no gain at all. I still think there should be a lot of changes made to combat such activities, such as making flight masters unattackable and having guards that do something in neutral quest hubs.

one would assume this is what they were alluding to but, as you stated, they need to convey it much clearer to what they have. Still doesn’t address if AU/OCE is classified as one region? I’m pretty certain it doesn’t, but a little clarification will go along way. for sure.

1 Like

Forcing faction balance seems completely pointless. Horde have always been better at PVPing due to racials (and those racials drawing more PVP oriented people) and it has just gotten worse with shamans in SoD. Paladins are stronger this phase but up till now, Shamans have dominated.

If they want there to be faction balance they’re going to have to figure out how to balance PVP better. Maybe give alliance better PVP racial options. Maybe make everyone have the option to choose whatever racial they want and they can change their racials by paying gold at a vendor or something, kind of like respeccing.

Otherwise this seems like an exercise in futility. Nobody wants to have the odds stacked them all the time.

Do we know when this is happening?

no…they sprung a really poorly worded surprise post on us…then went radio silent, so i would expect they will also just randomly roll this out with little to no warning.

Daily reminder that forcing the entire oceanic region onto NA ping is a poor solution and you can do better.

Daily reminder that Elron is not the spokesperson for the OCE community and you should keep doing what you’re doing, Blizzard.

The oceanic community has spoken sit down.

You’re not the oceanic community. No matter how much you wish, beg and dream to be. You are the biggest whinger on these forums though. Read the room.

Oceanic community has spoken son sit down.

Something tells me this will become the new “Limited PvP → PvE Free Character Transfers” thread.

If its anything like that, they will go on radio silence for a few weeks, weeks will turn into a few months, then quietly unpin the post and never get back until they post a new similar transfer idea thread 4 months later.

1 Like

What happens if we have an alliance toon on one server and horde on another, are we able to xfer both to the same mega server or are we forced to play one faction and let the other die on the origin realm?

2 Likes

I’m also wondering this

1 Like

I currently have one pvp server for my horde and one for alliance (crusader strike and lone wolf). will i be able to have both factions on the same server now or am i doomed to have one faction’s toons stuck on a dead server?

1 Like

Ouch. This all is a horrible idea. It looks like most people appear to agree with me. This is not the way.

1 Like

It’s a bandaid fix that destroys entire servers because they are lazy.

People shouldn’t be okay with this and should demand a better solution.

Because the current server instances do not support the mega server technologies :slight_smile:

Yeah, horde are the racial powerhouses of classic. Doesnt matter what race you choose on horde they always have a very good racial for the occasion. Alliance really only have Stoneform and escape artist which are decent but nothing like horde passives and reactives. They dont need to balance the servers since they already are almost 50/50 split, just balance pvp better.

Clearly the only fair choice is to open transfers in the same fasion as you treat a launch , first in first served with names. Guilds that are that dedicated to thier community will have to manage there moves by discord. Its the only fair way to manage a decision of this magnitude.

you did it to your own realms, they should have stayed 50/50 locked and no transfers should have ever happened. If a player made a toon on a pvp realm and realized their mistake too late, that’s their poor decision making.