Season 4 was worse than I predicted

The gap is steep between current difficulties but I can’t help but wonder if people are jumping the gun now. As a s3 geared player, I didn’t have an issue with m0 and even timed a +5 last night with ~480 ilvl gear (Blood DK), but are people complaining about difficulty trying to skip the heroic dungeon grind to go earlier than they should in m0 and higher?

i think its fun but yeah. gotta wait it out to gear more

Here comes the tears

…nah, it’s a player issue. I went from one immediate failed +2 because literally the 2 other dps were just standing in bad and getting hit into another +2 where no one died at all because, well, no one got hit by bad things =/ and people seemed to know the mechanics of both bosses and trash.

Add on top that the fact that many of these dungeons have been irrelevant for a long time, there’s a learning curve to deal with too.

I know some players are stepping into 2s and 3s thinking it’s a cakewalk, but when you have pugs who a) do not know the dungeon in m+ and b) were never prepared for old 12s anyway (which were cake), you’re bound to have isssues.

Just wait a few days, you’ll only see +20s in the finder and then the 2-8 range will be fine again.

I think this is normal for the start of a season.

2 Likes

That’s exactly what I was thinking. We did have too many gearing levels so a nerf is good but we didn’t need to erase the playstyle of thousands of people to do it.

However, I will say that heroic dungeons make more sense now. Having normal dungeons and then heroic dungeons which are basically the same as mythic dungeons didn’t make too much sense.

1 Like

That is 100% a player issue.

I did a bunch of 2s yesterday both with and without guild members and we cleared every dungeon.

2 Likes

Eh. Doesnt solve the issue of m0 being useless, which this does. M2-m10 were basically dead content anyway

I have 2750 or so IO and I was surprised I was getting declined 2s.

I have had more problems with people either never playing season 1 and dying to mechanics or they brain dumped it and forgot.

Yes. Because the issue is that Heroic is a faceroll. So they expect to go up another difficulty to get something other than a faceroll. But the next difficulty is one heck of a step up.

I posted this earlier as an explanation:

The interesting thing about the difficulty is that it’s currently scaled like this:

N ------ H ------------------ M ---- +2

I think it needs to be more like:

N ---------- H ---------- M -------- +2

1 Like

Correct. It’s a skill issue.

We were doing 8-10 at 489-494. Don’t get me wrong, they hurt, and you’re going to deplete a few keys, but they are very doable.

Really? I feel like M0’s don’t really do anything right now…maybe I’m out of touch?

Or you’re just a higher ilevel.

At 460 they were still easy

Having engaging mechanics and actual chances of failure = bad dungeons for some I guess.

DF are WAY less boring than a lot of the old ones we’ve done this expansion.

But that moving slightly right will get you every time…

Heroics were a faceroll. M0 was out of reach for many I know on many different servers in that range.

Thus why I gave constructive feedback on how to better balance the gap.

Yeah thinking about it now, if I were 360 they would def be harder. Probably impossible in some pug groups.

Tbf, uldum, av, and the one with the water guy at the end are a bit long

Theyre not out of reach lol, you just have to do mechanics

Biggest bonus of this whole thing is heroic and m0 are actually useful for once

People are doing mechanics. Being 460 in a dungeon that drop 493 is going to be difficult. Being 460 in a Heroic is like sleepwalking.

I’m not sure why you’re being condescending.