Season 4 was worse than I predicted

So I have attempted to pug keys, being aware how blizzard explained the key difficulties. I had gone into a couple groups in a +2 and every single time everyone dies instantly from 100% to 0% health from 1 swirly, tanks are getting destroyed by tank defensive mechanics, it feels like a 20 or higher, which is worse than what we were told 2s would be equivalent to. I predicted after reading the big changes awhile ago, I knew it was going to be bad, but I didn’t think 2s would be unclearable with pugs, so blizzard, props to you. If you cannot fix this difficulty issue, I suggest reverting the levels back to how they were, and also, I still see keys dropping when not completed or untimed, you should never be able to low your key due to bricking, only by the player lowering it at the npc.

Once again you surprised me at how bad you could make this game, and its quite sad because last season was actually amazing, by far the best season ever. What a U-turn we took.

Any player that wants to call me bad at the game go for it, you’ll just be reported as you are not sending productive messages. Let’s talk about real issues with in-game problems instead of going off at people trying to better the game. I got 3k rating last season and now I cant even pug 2s, that’s not a player issue, a lot of people I see are suffering the same issue

21 Likes

Equivalent to a plus 10-12 Walking into a plus 10-12 in a new season isn’t easy.

17 Likes

Lower the difficulty.

6 Likes

Absolutely incorrect, 10s were never this hard, I know what I was expecting as I was told 2s would be like a 10

4 Likes

There’s already a thread discussing this: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/mythic-2-balance/1838262/23

3 Likes

exactly… if this is something you need to post instead of talking about real issues with the game, then don’t post on here

1 Like

They’re pretty easy, did a 2 while ignoring mechanics cuz I forgot them

4 Likes

I didn’t need to. I just chose to help you.

3 Likes

If people are being 1 shot in +2, its user error. Either unfamiliar with mechanics, or under geared.

My productive message would be for people to be better.

I healed a 455 tank in 2s, and the same 462 tank in 4s/5s. Can literally check my rIO history.

9 Likes

You heard wrong, which isn’t too surprising because I’ve met a lot of people who were confused.

+2s are equivalent to a +12 last season, and a +2 this season should be like a +14-16 last season because of the increase in item level for the new season.

4 Likes

If i need to lower the difficulty because a +2 cannot be completed with a 490 toon, THAT IS AN ISSUE, I’ve been able to clear 10s and 12s instantly day one of every season, getting 1700-1800 io in the first couple of days, now its too hard to push, I should never have to lower down from a 2 as a fully geared toon from last season, the fact my gear feels instantly useless makes me unmotivated to want to full gear this season, and that is a real reason why so many people do not play.

4 Likes

I’ve ran 2s of all the dungeons so far, one of the keys was broken unfortunately. It’s definitely tough but I am feeling pretty sure it’s a gear issue and not a skill thing at all. Even the LFR gear is a big ilvl jump so it’s going to be easier soon to clear.

The 2s feel like a 10-12 range to me but it’s like jumping into them in heroic dungeon gear. It’s tough!

If a full group of 490s can not complete a +2, that is player issue.

Once again. I was healing a 455-462 tank through 2s-5s

20 Likes

This is definitely user error. I was able to +3 some 2s with people in the 480s and 1 in the 450s.

It’s the start of the season, there will be tuning on Tuesday to make the next Tyrannical week easier, and will likely have more tuning the following Tuesday to make the next Fortified week easier.

3 Likes

I did it. Walked in and was just dpsing away. Ignored a mob mechanic I usually did not care about on a 20 and got one shot. A tornado that is usually nothing more than annoying took 20 percent of my life.

1 Like

It’s a confluence of factors. Last season was under tuned, nobody has gear yet, and all those people who lived in the 2-10 space are now flung into the deep end, and many I’ve run across just aren’t even aware of the change.

6 Likes

It is possible but also it does make it harder at lower ilvls. And that could also be a part of the issue with pugs atm, the one 2 I failed it had people that just stood in everything and did less damage than I did. Mind you I was healing like the dickens and barely dpsing lol.

Maybe people aren’t fully aware of the change and how significant it was yet.

1 Like

I timed two +2s yesterday and not a single one of was actually 490. I think you’re just running into mediocre players, which is a common issue when pugging.

3 Likes

Oh I definitely think that there are some tough circumstances in pugging. +2 pugs are like the wild west right now. You have no clue what quality you are going to get.

A 3.5k player from last season. Someone thats never done m+ before. Its pretty crazy.

Timed a +2 AA with me, the resto shaman, being ahead of a dps. A DPS who only died 4 times in the entire dungeon. I did about 55k dps as a healer, over all. The rando guy did about 48k over all, for the entire dungeon.

And we still timed it. No one over 490.

2 Likes

Its not dramatic enough man, you need to cry way harder to really get blizzards attention. Dont get me wrong was a good start i believe you can wah wah even more.