Season 4 for Honor Kind of Screws People Who Do Arena

But I need to be a special little snowflake!

1 Like

I wouldn’t be so sure it will last til 80, it lacks hit, expertise, regen, etc… It’s definitely good, my comment was more so that the honor cap will be raised and with the quality of gear you can pick up from easy quests you should consider saving.

Here’s another question, what happens to arena points earned in the last week of the season? Normally these points are awarded the following day and you can spend them on arena gear but what now? Can you stack 5k ap and get 50k honor plus have that week’s points convert as well? Does that last week not give you anything?

yes , they should not do that. Cause almost active pvp player has honor cap already . discount and remove rating for SS4 gear is better.

1 Like

I remember people in full S4 gear getting exploded during the original prepatch to wotlk so I press x to doubt.

X

You know can I point something out to you pvp in tbc Was an is not healthy It was kind of the reason they implemented those ketchup mechanics because the barrier to entry was so bloody high.

And again it’s at the end of the game What’s the matter with that on top of that if we want to talk about fresh servers they’re not gonna have the time to do the weeks worth of grinding holy Molly it’s fine it’s not that big of a deal.

Started a Paladin for Wrath during S3. Got a full s3 set doing 5s.
Capped honor & marks to take into Wrath AND 5k arena points to upgrade my s3 to s4 while half off.

No way I’m wasting my Wrath honor / marks on those small upgrades, and now the 5k arena points I have will be getting flushed down the blizzard toilet.

This is just depressing, I’m sure many players are in the same boat.

1 Like

And on top of that, alot of us new transfers had to give up our arena teams last week and miss out on a week of crucial points.

I don’t expect any compensation which is why I didn’t bother to ask for any. Just want to complain about it and get it off my chest.

Your reward is getting the items:

1. EARLY

2. Without spending honor points in prepatch when you could save them for lvl 80 pvp gear in wrath. Personally, I’m going to snag the new cape (still using a naxx one), and a weapon, but no way in hell I bother buying a full set when I can save that honor for later. My DK will literally only buy a weapon.

I’d add that this isn’t different from most other arena seasons for the game’s history (classic has been the exception), and is identical to having the HWL gear available for honor points at the end of vanilla-classic

Just because it benefits someone else doesn’t mean it hurts you. It’s not a zero-sum game.

As a PvPer, I would think you would want everyone to be on the same level playing field gear-wise, especially in an off-season with no rewards. Spend your honor now in anticipation of the arena point conversion or don’t. If you’re not even at a rating that you’re eligible for shoulders or weapons, it really doesn’t matter that much.

Sincerely,
Fellow PvPer

2 Likes

yeah be some nice good gear for DK except the set pieces might even level DK though BGs to have enough honor for some nice 70 pieces

I recall that they’ve converted Arena Points into honor (or gold) whenever the expansion ended because the Arena scene is 100% done for that expansion and they want people to start the next expansion from “square one” so to speak.

So I am not seeing the disconnect here. The reward for constantly doing Rated games throughout the seasons was getting the best quality gear for PvP the fastest.

Lmao what?

LMAO no it isnt. You aren’t having anything taken from you and you aren’t having anything forced upon you. There is no screwing going on here except by your own weird mind.

No you aren’t. Other people getting things isn’t you getting punished. They aren’t even guaranteed to get them. And its literally ONE MONTH they get to use it before heading into northrend to level. Then you’re back to being an arena andy and they’re back in bg’s.

Imagine feeling punished because other people are also getting what you get. Sounds to me you’re just sad you can’t squish people as easily anymore.

1 Like

So you wanna feel above everyone? For doing arenas all season when tbc is over? Who cares?

They should temporarily lift the honor cap for the prepatch and allow the arena points to convert to honor so that those who are capped can spend it. They can seal it up back to 75k for wrath.

1 Like

The arena point thing though i do feel bad for arena players. That bit doesn’t seem fair. The other stuff is kinda whiny though.

Could you confirm whether the converted points in the previous expansion you cited went over 75k honor? Someone else on this thread made that claim, and if true, that would solve all the problems. I just don’t want my points to disappear if I’m at cap already at the time of conversion.

1 Like

I dont want you to suffer that either. You shouldnt just LOSE currency. I mean geeze. Even if it were converted to gold at least you’d get something y’know?

2 Likes

This.

No one is getting screwed over.

People like OP are just being whiney because there will be a short period of equality, or slightly closer to it anyway. Most people are doing BGs to get enough honor for a S4 weapon or one other key piece.

Once Wrath launch hits it will all be irrelevant anyway, because casual PvPers won’t be playing Arenas again.