Season 4 for Honor Kind of Screws People Who Do Arena

Fair enough I mean I don’t know at this point I don’t see why the arena season 4 gear isn’t reduced in price anyway I mean we’re literally at the end of the game although maybe it’s just because they haven’t gotten a chance to do it yet who knows.

It’s actually about buying the weapon and shoulders with the arena points that were earned.

Now that they are being converted as soon as s4 ends, we are capped and now able to purchase the items to complete the set for honor. At that point, we purchase the weapon/shoulders and are down 35k honor, even though we had 5k points waiting to be spent on that gear.

Just stinks for people who play the game to get the short end of the stick over and over again.

3 Likes

Coming from a rogue, it would seem that way.

Gatekeeping? Lol, coming from someone that doesn’t want to give random BGers the same opportunity to earn what the arena players earn.

But I suppose it’s ok for RBGs to award arena/conquest points, even though it isn’t arena. Again, how convenient.

You still have to pay for the current retail expansion, not just the sub. I could be wrong on that though but last time I checked, I wasn’t.

Your words may say these things, but I won’t know for a FACT until I download retail and see for myself with empirical experience.

I didn’t say arena players should not do BGs, I said BGs should award some arena gear.
But of course, that doesn’t sit well with you, doesn’t it? I’m not surprised why.

“Funner” is enough. Plus, I’ve given these details to countless “go play retail” responses. I don’t feel like giving anymore right now. Go dig through my posts if you want to really know.

While we’re on the subject, It’s definitely a factor. I don’t find the lore to be very creative and interesting since Cataclysm. (With the exception of pandaria’s storyline)

1 Like

Oh dang. Good thing theyre available for honor then or there would be cause for concern

1 Like

You’re a shaman. Every warrior wants a shaman.

It is not hard for any team to get a single win in the week, especially at 0 rating.

Accessibility to content is not the same as accessibility to gear. The tier of content one is doing should not be barred, but that tier of content should not award a higher tier of reward.

RBGS don’t award arena points, hence the name change to conquest points.

Both arena and RBGs are rated content, and thus reward rated gear.

You are wrong. You do not pay for a classic sub. You pay for a retail sub.

Then download it. You already have a sub.

Or just google it.

The thing about evidence is that you can verify it. So go verify it.

Seems like you do though.

Because I don’t think people should get awarded higher tier items for doing lower tier content.

If you don’t care to explain why you hate the game that has everything you want, and love the game that has nothing you want, then I don’t care.

Are you seriously worried about level 70 gear in wrath? Av gear is buyable for honor in tbc but I’m not complaining that I had to grind it during vanilla.

I really wouldn’t consider purchasing s4 gear, you might as well stack your honor for wrath.

How do other people getting gear after a season screw ppl who got it during the season? Just play the game the way you want to.

1 Like

I don’t think worried is the right word. I like gearing up my alts for leveling. Season 4 will last at least till level 76 and in some cases 80. It also means I don’t have to level in dungeons on every char and I can have a good time leveling in BGs on select toons which will now award xp. And S4 will be bis gear for leveling in BGs. It’s beside the main point, but yes I would like to get a complete S4 for my alts as do many others.

3 Likes

If S4 arena gear remains available for Honor Points through LKClassic, that’s another +1 for twinking at the 70-79 bracket.

1 Like

They don’t. You need to read past the first line of the post.

Not even one or two pieces at most?

And yet a PvEer can buy the previous season’s gear with their currency.

You could in WoD. I only did BGs and Ashran and still had full conquest gear by the middle of the season.

Just checked the internet. Says you have to buy shadowlands if you want access to shadowlands. Looks like I was right after all. Maybe you should do a little research yourself.

Patch 5.3 in MoP first allowed the use of random BGs to acquire a little conquest.

Then it was taken away in patch 5.4, or severely diminished. Can’t remember which. :smiley:

I remember because I was pretty upset about it, and even made a thread over it in the old forums.

It will last until level 80, and is a good start for the new season until you can get the crafted or honor gear.

People cap out alts and save points for the season end discount, expecting the same as the 3 other seasons. Questions are what happens to honor over the cap?, Will S4 honor prices be equivalent to the discount arena point prices?

Nope.

Previous season.

I do think the previous season should be able to be bought with honor, and not discounted arena points.

That was also implemented to give growth to the pvp scene, and encourage more people to get into it.

Great strawman.

Too bad I’m talking about subs, which if you’re playing classic, you have a retail sub, which means you can get on retail right now and play retail. You won’t have access to SL specific content, but you still have access to everything up to where you own with your RETAIL SUBSCRIPTION.

Also doesn’t change the fact that everything you want, outside of bots in instances, is in retail.

You say, strawman; I say, you taking things out of context. I guess we’ll just have to agree to disagree.

At least you have this redeemable quality. Nice to see you’re not a complete gatekeeping elitist.

I argue for accessibility almost every day on the forums. I argue’d for FvF, and I argue to get RDF back into LK. You, in this thread, suggested that arena players should “learn to stay out of random BGs”.

Than you sit back and say I’m the gatekeeper?

Then get mad when I unironically suggest to try retail. Not the “haha go to retail lul” but unironically think you would just enjoy that more, and then you double down and admit to not even owning the current retail expansion, but spew hate towards it.

You need a therapist.

1 Like