Season 4 for Honor Kind of Screws People Who Do Arena

Raises hand hi. That’s me.

2 Likes

Yes, you’re right of course. I don’t think you read the full post. I will save you the time and recap:

1. I can’t buy weapon and shoulders until after season is over (I have everything else)
  2. I am honor capped (75K)
  3. My honor points disappear for me (and many others in my situation) unless for some reason converted points can exceed the honor cap

I just want to spend the remaining points I have earned this season on the items that have their rating removed, just like everyone else (with honor can do) after the season ends.

That’s the issue. It has nothing to do with the benefit to others.

3 Likes

Got the same “issue” but lets be honest. If you play arena and are bad at it, meaning you are only doing it for free gear (which it basicly is) then there isnt really a reason to complain.

Like someone else has stated. Just buy gems for honor for example and see if you can trade them back after purchasing gear with your converted arena points.

It’s possible you misunderstood the point I was making in the original post. I will lose my arena points because I can’t spend them on the two last items I need until after the season is over (as shoulders and weapon are rating-based), and since I’m honor capped, I effectively lose all my arena points.

Well, I can see you read the title but not the post. That’s not at all the issue I’m raising. I’m stating my arena points disappear if you are honor capped. I should be able to spend my earned arena points on the weapon and shoulder after the season ends just like everyone else, and just as has been done in every previous season.

Yet once again someone who never read beyond the title. Please read the post before responding at least so you don’t spread misinformation.

So you define “bad” as not getting access to the shoulders and weapon? You do realize that there’s only like a single-digit percentage of teams that achieve those ratings as they are based on percentile rankings right? By that reasoning, like 95% of the arena players are “bad,” which is just wrong by definition alone.

2 Likes

You’re being way too kind.

100g respec every week if you want to PvP.
Can’t do it without faps, lips, sappers, nades, pots.
Long af queue times, 1 hour +.
Usually Ally premades vs Horde dummy randoms.
Most people in AV are AFK honor grinders.
If you play too much/well people call you a PoS that’s breaking brackets.
Most geared players are usually the worst ones who have been AFK R14 grinding so you’re standing there with MC gear on getting smashed by a R14 weapon because the other guy didn’t sleep for 3 months and using 1 ability just deletes you.

Stop complaining about TBC or Wrath PvP. You’ll all be fine.

1 Like

RBGs are like the one good thing from cata. Wouldnt mind a system like that being implemented into WOTLK + if we get it

2 Likes

RBG"s were a lot of fun. Cata was a trainwreck but RBG’s were a cool addition and since we’re giving 2v2’s achievements I wish they would consider doing this.

I mean, unless my memory serves me wrong, S4 Gear wasn’t originally transitioned into honor meaning that the only people who were able to obtain them were the ones who acquired the actual rating to do so.

I guess what’s funny about this entire thread is how annoyed these 1200 rated arena players are about losing some honor even though they are getting access to gear they never should have had in the first place.

Enjoy the gear. You have a literal month to AFK cap towers in Hellfire and Terokarr. It’ll all be okay.

1 Like

Two minor corrections:

It doesn’t affect just those with 1200 rating, it affect those from 0 - 1849 rating, which is like over 90 percent of all people who take part in arena matches. Also, we don’t lose honor. We lose arena points we earned that are forced to honor, which are effectively lost if honor capped (which is the whole point of this post).

Enjoy the gear. You have a literal month to AFK cap towers in Hellfire and Terokarr. It’ll all be okay.

Again, this issue affects people who are currently honor capped. Not sure the relevance of this comment.

2 Likes

But for a player like me who has no interest in arena but does enjoy BGs, it gives me an opportunity to gear up in time for WOTLK… also don’t sweat it, by the time you hit 75, all your S4 pvp gear will be replaced my normal dungeon blues.

Also, how many people does leaving the gear for arena points benefit? A couple hundred players worldwide maybe? Allowing it to be purchased for honor will benefit 10s of thousands of players and BGs will explode in interest.

The pros far outweigh the negatives

Perhaps a redeemable token mailed to you that grants you honor per use? For the arena vets?

I don’t think he’s saying it’s bad it’s being converted to honor. He’s saying he can’t use his arena points. If they raised the cap, or gave a grace period (as in every previous season) to spend the remaining arena points before they are converted to honor then everything would be totally fine.

I for one am glad others will be able to buy S4 gear with honor points. I don’t like waiting ages in BG queues so the more the merrier. Actually, with BGs offering xp to level up, I’m looking forward to taking all my alts in S4 gear and leveling up in BGs. Sure will beat boring quests or wrath dungeons that can be soloed.

Again, this issue is about not being able to use our arena points due to the way the honor conversion seems to be handled. It could be easily fix as several posters have commented, but who knows as Bliz is often silence on these matters leaving people in the dark. I hope they will at least reply before pre-patch and let us know for sure one way or another. If my points will poof for sure, I can at least buy OS pieces, otherwise I’d like to use my points to buy weapon and shoulders.

1 Like

There is a fix already in the game. As you said, you have 4k arena points. Instead of complaining for 10 hours on the forums, go find a Rdruid. I’m sure you can get 1850/2000 if you just actually try to play the game as it was intended instead of yolo-capping 10 games a week and then looting discounted, meaningless, unearned gear after the season.

I remember this exact thread when they made r14 gear purchasable in tbc pre patch. It ended up being fine and we all moved on and literally never talked about it again.

On another note, i earned my brutal glad gear. So. You know im going to be clapping boosted noobs cheeks in bgs who are grinding for it. Well call it even lmao

2 Likes

I like the way you think and suggest. It is not easy to find a 2s partner who really want to play more than 10 games when yolo 10 games in 5s can give you >1000 points. Even you found partners, probably you still not be able to reach 1850/2000 rating, especially you reached 70 in season 4 and have to start gearing up from s2 then s3. At this moment, knowing s4 gear will be sold for honor in less than 2 weeks, it is harder to find people to push in arena.

1 Like

End of seasons generally lock gear in I believe, though not 100% certain. As for Robo’s bannable comment, definitely not. It either works and is intended, or doesn’t work, and is not intended. Something that small they’d do absolutely nothing about.

I’m doing just fine as an off meta spec in this awful PvP expansion. Have everything on my shaman except shoulders. So you can take your rating shaming somewhere else.

I’m more talking about alts that didn’t have much gear and farmed the 5k points and honor for the end of season. We assumed that they would follow their pattern of having a week of discounted gear to use arena points and then honor gear is updated. But thanks for your useless comment.

I wouldn’t worry about him. Mr. 6 posts is just trolling. I would be surprised if he even has a high rated arena team.

1 Like

In my opinion, the season is over, normally items from seasons that have ended become available for honor, albeit not all.

The ones that got screwed over thought they’d have it through wotlk leveling and no one else without earning it like them. They did earn it far more than everyone else. That is their assumption though, and I’m not sure what they did in vanilla wotlk, and I don’t know if I should care.

I don’t really care lol. I woulda had season 3 which would have worked for me, so I’m middle of the pack. Later :smiley: