Season 4 for Honor Kind of Screws People Who Do Arena

In a recent blue post, Kaivax communicated that Season 4 would be purchasable through honor during pre-patch.

Well, while I imagine many are delighted by the news of Season 4 for honor, it actually screws over people who have actually been doing arena all season.

Let me explain:

If you’re not in the top single digit percentage of teams, you won’t get access to weapons or shoulders, so by now 90ish percent of players would have 4/5 tier and a previous season’s weapon. I, like many others, have probably been playing our matches every week so we can spend our arena points on these items after the season ends. Also, in order to prepare for the best possible foot forward in Wrath, I have already capped out my honor (75K).

So now, I have a ton of arena points that will just disappear when Season 4 ends because I’m already at honor cap (and thus they won’t be converted) and I can’t currently buy any more pieces as they are locked behind a rating. It’s like the people who actually do arena are getting punished.

13 Likes

Just buy some pieces right before season ends, don’t equip them and sell them back the next day after you bought some gear? Or does that not work?

1 Like

You got the gear for all season who cares who has s4 in prepatch to wrath lmao

37 Likes

Hmm since the currency changes, I don’t imagine this would work. I suppose there’s nothing to lose by trying this though.

If you think that’s bad you should of seen all the angry rank 14s when tbc prepatch launched and all the warlord gear was for honor

7 Likes

If it were up to me, you wouldn’t have to do arena at all to get arena gear and could earn it through BGs.

13 Likes

I mean yeah but to be fair The rain 14 grind was cancer And the original PVP system in classic was absolute garbage.

And extremely exploitable

1 Like

Thank god it isn’t up to you.

If you had the power to change classic, we’d have instant cap toons with gold cap, instances with bots, raids with bots, and more.

I know people say it because they have nothing else to say, but, i really do not get why youre on classic.

2 Likes

I mean I can’t get what you’re saying I mean if you have a ton of arena points left over and it’s not gonna equal out to that much honor I get how that would suck but still.

Depends on how the honor gains are but if it’s anything like the Ralph owner gains if I were anybody I would just tell them stack marks.

Because even on the PT arthurs that quest one mark for 185 Honor.

The other half of that is this it’s going to be so much faster to get on her I mean even if you do horribly you’re looking at walking out of a beegee with at least a 1000 honor Assuming they actually use the wrath values which I can’t imagine they wouldn’t.

So I say I’m happy to hear about this change and it’s going to make gearing up alt’s so much easier for the prepatch so I say good job blizzard yea.

I’m still not happy when prepatches and I think it’s too late and I’d be happier if it was earlier but still.

You’re not being honest.

Since point gains were massively inflated this season, you would have been at the 5k cap a long time ago. Many times over. If you were smart, you would already have bought s4 during s4 because there were plenty of points to do so.

You should have been full s4 except weapons and shoulders, easily, and had enough to be competitive.

Prepatch is after the season ends, so it is no longer relevant.
Don’t hate the catch up mechanism.

1 Like

When geared-out arena players learn to stay out of the random BGs, get back to me.

Well of course not, you’re being purposefully ignorant. If you put a little tiny bit of critical thinking behind it, you wouldn’t have to wonder at all nor be asking why I play classic.

4 Likes

I’d have put LFD and LFR as early as classic launch.

As with the H v H BGs, it’s not me they are listening to.

1 Like

What happens when capped on honor, points become worthless?

Should just be ending season this week to buy discounted as per all the other seasons then a week later it becomes honor :confused:

They… don’t have to. Like what are you even trying to say here, that there should be some gear cap and once one surpasses that they are then barred from bgs?

No, I really don’t get it. When people complain on the forums, its about specific issues, big or small, but everytime I see you, you seem to just have a problem with the core of the game. So why are you here?

That’s exactly my point.

Plus LFR has a different raid difficulty and different loot. Even if Blizzard cared at the bare minimum, they aren’t adding in new loot for a story mode difficulty in a game where most raids are already story mode.

I mean that’s just because they wanted to preserve their rarity status which is a separate issue. I am actually unable to use my arena points since I am honor capped.

Dont the original R14 players have the title as well, which prepatch players couldnt get.

Sure the gear isnt rare, but they still have a way to show that they afk’d in AV for 4 months straight.

3 Likes

I don’t know how many people were mad about that, I certainly wasn’t, and I didn’t really see anyone upset on the forums. That’s something I absolutely would have noticed.

For this people should expect it. We’re going into Wrath. Hopefully you got to enjoy that gear when it was current. Same with the old rank gear. It’s no big deal.

You don’t know what you’re talking about. I have six 2s teams and one 3s teams. The 3s team is the only one that earns over 1k honor per week. All the others get about 700 - 900 points per week. I have all the unrated pieces now and I’m pooling so I can use those points to buy the weapons and shoulder. I capped my current honor points in order to get a head starts on wrath pvp gear.

1 Like

Not at all. I’m saying that a random BGer should have the right to earn some arena gear through BGs, if an arena player is going to have the freedom to enter random BGs with all their powerful gear.

Because I’m playing the funnest version of the game possible, which happens to be classic, not retail. Not rocket science.

Well, as a customer, I don’t care what kind of computer science difficulties and logistic problems that would cause. I just want things that I like.

Well in all previous seasons, when the season ended, you could use arena points and buy previously gated gear for half price. So I was planning to buy the Season 4 weapons and shoulders on my teams with those points.

3 Likes