Season 3 Mythic Plus will be currency starved

I’m not even sure the Laughing Skull clan in lore can comprehend that.

1 Like

You do realize the cap increases right? This is some insane schizo rambling about something that wont matter after next week lol

I already have my first spark from week 1, after that we will be on the 2 week schedule.

The real solution to OP’s stated argument is to reduce the crest gain from M+ to 3 untimed, 7 timed to keep the number of keys required to cap the same as it was last season.

M+ shouldnt even give gear to casu-scrubs.

It’s 90/week for the foreseeable future. Not sure if you’re misinformed or trolling. Lots of misinformation from WoW shills to keep payers strung along, so no judgement there.

Does this mean you can get 90 AFTER burning 60 for crafting?? OR 90 INCLUDING 60 spent crafting?? :hear_no_evil::see_no_evil::speak_no_evil:

In Dragonflight Season 3, players will be able to earn 90 Crests per week of each type. This means that players will be able to purchase six upgrades per tier per week at most—down from ten in Dragonflight Season 2. This cap will still be progressive, meaning if you don’t earn enough to reach the cap, you won’t lose out on any ability to earn Crests in future weeks.

Do you not know what a progressive cap means? lol

total is 90 crests per week, upgrades cost 15, crafted items cost 60, but you only get 1 spark every 2 weeks (which is the same cost and rated for crafted items as last season)

That literally means 90 per week. I’ve not said anything other than 90 per week, or 7.5 dungeons. Per week.
Please lower your voice.

Alright, I’ll give it a go as non-meta healer with hopefully enough rating for you to be willing to hear me out. Also allow me to preface with, I LOVE M+ and it is the only reason I play the game to this day.

We need a cap on this currency. We can’t be allowed to hit max gear within 3 days of the season starting and being done. You know what that does? It makes mythic raiders suffer. Raiders don’t want to have to do M+ just to raid, which is the same sentiment I share. I’m raiding this tier because I know the trinkets in raid are better, even at a heroic level. I don’t want to raid though, I just want to M+. By removing currency cap, you are now forcing mythic raiders to spend the first days of a new season running M+ until they have enough currency to max gear and THEN do the content they want. How is that fair? You are advocating for people to abuse the system to get ahead. You know they will. This will trickle down to lower skilled players as well, they’ll see their favorite streamer doing it, assume it is necessary even if said streamer is saying it’s not worth it for them, and then no life grind M+ and scream to the rooftops about how it’s “required” that they do it for their normal raid. It is obscene.

I’m not saying you are wrong, we should get SOMETHING for the amount of time we invest into the system. I personally would love if we could work towards mounts/mogs with a vicious saddle type idea. For me at least, the dopamine hit of gaining IO is usually enough.

So hopefully that helps. You have to see how it impacts the rest of the playerbase. If they uncapped the system, raiders would be affected the most. Not everybody wants to play M+ all the time.

Wasn’t there a way to send flightstones to alts?? I swear I saw something on one of the rep vendors that allowed it
:speak_no_evil::see_no_evil::hear_no_evil:

you could use flightstones to buy a boa box containing basic starter gear, but I don’t think they were directly transferrable, even with a loss

1 Like

Ahhhh…NVM then. Thanks!! :hear_no_evil::see_no_evil::speak_no_evil:

this would be amazing. every dungeon you time gives points, and X points gives you a mount saddle, but on the way there you hit other milestones and get mog.

yes please.

1 Like

Right!?!?

I mean, I’m going to run keys anyway. If I could get this stuff on top of it that would be amazing.

Maybe I said remove the cap entirely, I don’t think I did, sounds like something I would say though; but I’m pretty sure I moreso advocated for a more reasonable cap for the dedicated folks who will do more than 7.5 dungeons/week. Or threshold flow to rep/renown, or satchels.

Regardless, I am in same boat as you- if you look at my profile(as people often do when I bring facts to GD :roll_eyes:), you’ll see I haven’t touched a raid in any meaningful way for as long as you’d care to go back.
I am only playing this game for m+ with homies and pushing io in my free time.

I’ve never had this pressure to raid for loot to compliment my m+ gear though, that becomes unfun to me, but everyone’s different.
So something like “no cap on currency is bad for mythic raiders” doesn’t resonate with me.

1. they’re different pillars.
  2. m+ by definition is harder than mythic raiding because raiding doesn’t scale.
  3. most of y’all min/max raid log- so is it a big ask to run a dungeon for a trink you will certainly get eventually?
  4. currency =/= gear. A raid logger going for a m+ trink can run as many times, waste as much time as they want, and will get the trink… that’s the gear, they will have the gear. That’s not an issue. And they will have the currency already because they raid… it’s not a parallel situation, so what really is the argument?

Y’all can control yourselves just as much as I do with fomo, especially in easier content.

right, true. but they give largely the same gear.

:roll_eyes:

I disagree that m+ is harder than mythic raiding at the max reward level. They’re probably fairly equal. It’s certainly organizationally much, much easier.

the last time I bothered to count the number of dungeons I did for a trinket, it was 43. I ran DoS forty three times before I got my trinket. so let’s not make it sound all “it’s just one dungeon”

2 Likes

Again, I think ultimately we are looking for the same things (roughly), I’m just trying to point out the flaws of either a higher cap or no cap altogether.

It depends on your M+ goals. For example, I didn’t start trying to push until very late in the season, so I was happy with whatever score I got. I want to get title next season, the best way to do that is to optimize my gear, which will absolutely require me to raid for the trinkets. As a healer, the damage trinkets (or in current tier, a trinket like Rashok’s) is significantly stronger than any trinket I can get in M+ (sure, maybe I’ll get the trinket I want in a weekly TW or dung event, but we all know I’m getting a 10+ ilvl drop on a pair of boots or something). So for me to meet my goals, I am going to need to raid. Not to mention I will get 4p faster by doing both M+ and raid. See why I’m saying I need to raid this tier?

It just isn’t fair. It will be required for mythic raiders to farm M+, max out crests, and continue raid prog. I don’t know if they’ll hit cap crests from clearing raid either. Even if they can, they will not be clearing mythic raid week 1. There is maybe one/two guilds TOTAL that MIGHT clear mythic raid week one, meanwhile we are doing 18s week 1/2 and capping crests, getting max crafted gear and laughing the day away running keys. It just isn’t fair and I would absolutely understand why raiders would be upset.

I don’t mythic raid, so I’m probably not the best person to answer this one, but I feel like a +20 is easier than a mythic raid boss. Again, I don’t know, and yes, eventually M+ will be harder than a mythic raid boss (infinitely scaling), but I believe max gear reward keys are easier than mythic raid bosses.

They don’t want to do this, just like we don’t want to go into raid for the same reason.

I think you made the argument in the response. It’s the same as the others, cross-pollination of content is generally not what everybody wants.

Anyway, S3 hype! Gonna be a good season! Good luck to everybody with their goals. I’ve got an angry doggo telling me it’s time for a walk.

2 Likes

not sure why you’re replying to me but ok???