Season 3 Mythic Plus will be currency starved

Get rid of mythic plus and replace it with something like gammas in Wolk classic…basically same concept but minus buying gear your upgrading it

Mythic+ and gamma dungeons serve very different purposes.

One is an end game pillar and one is a catchup system.

I like difficult. I just find mana annoying, though, not difficult. I also liked RLP.

1 Like

NGL too much to read and some points are like very specific to you. I’ll only go over the rep part. I totally agree that you should gain some rep for doing dungeons. In one way or another because I dislike doing world quests heavily!

1 Like

What would you say isn’t so generalized other than doing more than 8 dungeons a week? That’s pretty specific to my people but not a reason to steeply reel in rewards.

Welp, in less than a week of Emerald Dream, y’all are seeing what I determined over a month ago;
Quest turn-ins with big red 0 for flightstone reward and crests because of arbitrary caps and no fallback currency or rewards.
Starved for drake and whelp crests because of cap.
Being punished with zero rewards for spending too much time in the Dream.
Flightstone currency rot at cap.
Thousands, literal thousands of dewdrops will rot in currency tab…
All this result in doing content, turning in quests, even campaign quests, yielding no rewards, absolutely useless, hollow, in a rewards/currency based AAA MMO?

I don’t fault you all for trolling and flaming and coping last week when presented with facts; cognitive dissonance is a helluva drug.
Many folks including myself are more hands on, visual learners, so you had to get in the mix yourself to see I was right.

So now, since I’m a resolution focused person, let’s talk about solutions:

Instead of zeroes for rewards, in a video game, where we pay a premium price, and then a monthly subscription, and the motto of the company (used to be) “gameplay first”…, and avoiding turning in quests until reset to be rewarded appropriately,… here’s some suggestions:

Just give us elusive Dragon Isles rep/renown when we reach our arbitrary punishment caps for playing too much of our monthly subscription (meaning more than casual amount of play). Isles rep and renown cannot be gained in dungeons, raid, BGs after shadowlands, the superior xpac for systems and currencies.

Or reward Seedbloom since that is just for cosmetics. That’s what you casuals all say, right? “It’s just cosmetics, it doesn’t matter”. Profession satchels, dream seeds, BOA dump, etc…
I’m sure if we put our walnut-sized heads together we could still come up with something better than zero rewards. I believe in you.
I’d personally prefer the renown as I’m sure other skilled players with limited time would, too.

Thanks again, and you’re welcome :innocent:

1 Like

I agree with OP - especially the flightstones. Never had enough flightstones as it was… the 250 flightstone cost to combine the crests we already earned really annoys me. That is just wasting our time for no good reason. Especially when it comes to alts already grinding crests… now have to go grind boring world stuff for flightstones? Yeah nah miss me with season 3 if it’s gonna be this grindy.

2 Likes

Given the subpar nature of raid gearing, are we suggesting that everyone should undergo low-quality gearing processes by the same reasoning?

1 Like

didn’t read the whole op

but… m+ was too rewarding. you could get enough crests to make a piece of bis crafted gear in just 3 dungeons.

Not really! I love running DoI on alts since is easy crest. If crest is lower per dungeon I most likely won’t play as much. Everyone likes gearing fast and being OP.

Didn’t read the whole thread but this is incorrect. It takes 2 weeks to get a spark, you can get 180 aspects in that 2 weeks, but you only need 60 for the enchanted crest, not 120.

1 Like

No you couldnt. To make a 447 crafted piece you would need 4 aspect crests, which means youd need to do 5 keys minimum(assuming you time the key).

2 Likes

Oh, right. I’m dumb haha :slight_smile:

I knew you were right from the 1st day. I capped everything on day 3 and now won’t log back on. No reason to.

1 Like

I’m suggesting that there needs to be some effort to equalize the 2.

In this case, lowering the currency cap was the right decision for other reasons, since I (and a lot of the people I know), were done with the system completely week 3.

But going forward: either raid gearing needs more buffs, M+ needs actual nerfs, or a combination of both.

1 Like

All you’re doing is making something that’s not about you, about you, to muddy the waters. You can make your own thread, but what you’re saying isn’t congruent or even tangential to what we’re talking about. It’s off-topic, and your off-topic metoo thoughts should have its own thread since it is flimsy at best, opinionated and subjective which will spark back and forth. Go ahead and make your own thread.

Notice how I mentioned that (without bringing in how weak raid only gearing is) this was the right thing for blizzard to do?

Punishing dedicated players learning content past 7.5 dungeons is offputting and to be admonished. Y’all rely on us to take your WoW token gold for carries, or weasel into groups for free carries; but make it as annoying as possible to get there. The best or most dedicated players ilvl shouldn’t be washed out by a sea of bads with roughly the same ilvl. It causes depleted keys, and poor experiences. The obvious contempt for good players is obvious.
If fragile egos at blizz or in the casual community can’t handle that people are better than them because we put in the effort, then just give us a currency that doesn’t rot after 7.5 dungeons. This is not rocket surgery. Give us rep/renown for cosmetic/customization after the arbitrarily cap. “BuT iTs jUsT cOsMetics”, as you casuals always say. Then just allow gamers access instead of gatekeeping to bads who are skill-capped at WQs. Rep/renown from dungeons/BGs is the BARE minimum we’ve had in all xpacs before this abomination we call DF. I’m obviously not being unrealistic here. I wouldn’t have even made this post if that was the case.

what in the world are you talking about?

4 Likes

Good. Makes the game better. Wont miss you.