Season 3 Mythic Plus will be currency starved

People will complain after getting full mythic gear ilvl in 3 weeks.

The catch-up mechanic does exist for alts, but only for flightstone discounts because it is actually discounted for them. They still have to farm crests on their own.

That’s some good offtopic again. Did you set up /camp to troll further about not understanding what I’m talking about and how your obsession with “rankings” is ironically misplaced?

But, on this very character, for exmaple, when I started leveling him in 10.1. There were multiple weeks where I had more crests than I could use due to lack of flightstones, even at the discount. I was literally flying around looting explorer packs for single flight stones so I could level gear.

I see Kalaen is back to be one of the most obnoxious and unpleasant people to ever grace GD.

Wonderful.

3 Likes

Verbial throw-up. Not reading this thanks nothing is wrong with blizzard or M+

1 Like

You uh… Literally said “People complained and quit” because of the systems and currencies. There are so many factors in play that you can’t speak for the majority. That is on the topic that you brought up. I could quite literally make up any reason and say…

“People were complaining and quit WoW because of Pandas.” And it would be true for some players but it would hold no backing of a majority view or lend any credence to an argument, let alone when you are talking about Shadowlands as if it was still Shadowlands. That was an entire expansion ago.

1 Like

1 Like

Would you like to fail at understanding any of the other points I mentioned in my OP other than Flightstones which are worse than last season(2), worse than s1, worse than SL S4 and that whole xpac?

Like you agree with me on all my other points? Healing intentionally being nurfed in DF s1, then moreso in S2 is fair and balanced and those few remaining healers shouldn’t have any incentive past 7.5 dungeons?
Let’s find some common ground here about how the game is obviously not in a great state and give some feedback together :slight_smile:

Personal attacks! And here you are accusing me of arguing in good faith.

You said currency rot is bad. They reduced the amount of currency and enabled fall back currency so you dont have to run lower content. Every “point” you made has been directly addressed in 10.2

1 Like

Gearing in S2 was too fast. I was done within about 3 weeks, and then my whole guild raid logged until CE. Boring. I am worried they may have swung too hard the other direction this time, but only time will tell. I do wish that you could collect Aspect crests while filling your whole vault, but the biggest thing is that everyone is capped the same way. The rollover to lower crests will be a plus there also.

The system is still better than S1 or any previous expansion, and the extra ranks are a good idea. It will slow the time to complete gearing, but I don’t see why that, in principle, is a problem.

I do think that crafted gear is too expensive (both in crests and mats tbh). And you don’t get any discounts on them even if you have an item of the same item level, which I see is a flaw.

I agree that this is a big problem. They want Flightstones to matter (for reasons that are utterly beyond me). If you’re gearing hard, they will be a major impediment that will force mythic raiders and key pushers to do open world nonsense content. Not excited for that.

I don’t know what this means. The cap for one crests type doesn’t affect the other crest types.

I would like to earn renown in dungeons and raids. I really dislike that I can’t. You’d think that killing the big bad of the expansion would get me more street cred than picking up 5 apples in the open world.

As a healer, I agree with the overall sentiment that healing has gotten less and less fun and they keep making it worse and never better. Not sure I’m going to enjoy this season with the changes in place, but the mana change in particular, is going to be awful and unfun for sure.

I think you’re tinfoil hat might be a little tight on all the content creator nonsense. That’s not happening.

The currencies have never been less bad than they are now. I don’t see how you can make this statement if you’ve played multiple wow expansions.

100% agree that giving us 5g for each crest is an insult. Let me get some rep at least for crying outloud.

Dragonflight is my favorite expansion, so idk. I would just like them to stop messing with healers for one patch.

1 Like

Literally I have like 20+ full stacks of aspects in my inventory. Completely useless. Definitely a design flaw and I’m glad things are changing.

Flightstones didn’t exist in S1, we had the WORST system of Valor points instead. S2 was ‘better’ in gearing than S1 because it removed the tedium but it went from tedium to full-throttle raining max-ilvl gear which is the opposite side of the balance. S1 was tedium, S2 was too much, the hope is that S2’s better-than-S1 system but toned down just a little to not completely invalidate all other gearing options in the first month will be the best route to take for all parties involved.

Shadowlands gear was Shadowlands gear, it was very much the “Run the highest you can and pray you get that BiS trinket from your vault” route. The upgrade path of DF takes a little bit of the bite out of unlucky RNG, so… I’d still say DF is better than SL in terms of gearing and currencies.

Considering I play alts, the only real negative we can agree on is that flightstones for crafted gear will make crafted gear less instant-max gearing paths for fresh 70s and alts. But for Mains? People’s primary characters, the flightstones on crafted gear matter little to nothing. I don’t think I’ve ever reached a cap for crests, but have been always capped on flightstones.

So though we agree on one half of one of your points? I’m still fine with the changes and most people I’ve encountered agree that most of the changes were positive such as: No longer taking up 8+ bag spaces on redundant currency, being able to make -something- of the currencies that become obsolete so less efforts are wasted, and the system continuing to improve on S2 which was good in the short term but turned out to be too good.

I’m just glad they raised the stack size for the completed crests above 20. Though the 300 stack size for fragments means every now and then I just gotta smash 'em together. At a point I stopped opening the PvP bags because they kept throwing useless crest fragments and flightstones that just got deleted at me.

Not sure what you’re misunderstanding, but there will still be currency rot with no dump in place *at this time. They could address my points down the road of this season, hence my positive feedback to improve the game for non casual altoholics.

I too am a bit concerned about the mana change. Can’t wait to get screamed at for trying to drink. :woozy_face:

Don’t mind the difficulty though. RLP was a hell of a ride, but I’d do it again!

I remember (they might still do this, I dont pvp anymore) at the end of the season they would cash you out on your unspent currency into gold.

I wish they did this for mythic plus!

They do, at a cost of 5g per completed crest.

OMG. no way… uggggggh i didnt turn them into crests!!! I hate my life wow