Seal twisting is definitely not going to work

Well it would seem they have specifically given a buffer from the latest blue to make sure seal twisting stays. I am impressed and will roll a ret. You have been reading my posts, Blizzard. Or someone has, and took some initiative. That’s good to see.

Whew. This aged well.

Since day 1 people have said the way Blizzard implemented Classic batching is nothing like the way it was in Vanilla or private servers.

It is a fundamental change in how things will work moving foward but the horrible 400ms window they put in Classic was also a fundamental change for the worse.

Having batching apply to things like vendors and leeway was one of the stupidest changes Blizzard made to classic.

Then you played with idiots.

H Paladins patch heal better than any other class. Ie patch heal = 1.8s heal or less in interval.

Also contrary to rumor Holy Paladins with the use of Libram of Absolute Truth + SA can utilize Rank 7 HL + BoL to breach 2k HP/sec.

It is less than CoH and Chain Heal…sure…but it’s still capable of healing either the Feral/Hunter/Resto Group, or your Tank Group minus the tank that’s actually tanking at that moment.

Should a Raid ever bring more than 2 Holy Paladins?..probably not. Especially if they have a tankadin who also has an FoL set when not tanking. Outside of that they are the best at what they do.

Don’t blame the class because you raid with people who don’t even understand their own class.

As to Ret and not twisting

Ret Paladin DPS started slow until Patch 2.3 and 2.3.2.

After that they were fine, even without twisting.

The fact that people can’t even remember to differentiate that means you really have no idea what your talking about.

Even Prots started behind the 8 ball a bit in raids until Weapon Expertise was changed to Combat Expertise and Tankadins gained far more HP scaling and EH.

3 Likes

So I have been leveling a paladin somewhat slowly, and even consulted the paladin discord and they said effectively that seal twisting as it was possible in TBC and allegedly in Vanilla does not work in Classic. They showed me that you can twist some seals, but command and righteousness aren’t possible because the way the client works is different.

Was doing my best to paraphrase what was a very long dialog.

TL;DR doesn’t work in classic anyway and unlikely to work in TBC.

Kinda for the best anyway because it’s a sharp nerf to the BELF horde specific seal and by default a buff to alliance TBC PvE, and doesn’t matter in Arena.

Here’s the news you apparently missed.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/wow-classic-version-1137-ptr-is-now-available/838945/169

Oh wow! That’s actually really cool, but my question now is will Seal of Command and SoR properly work? On live as of a week ago on my last attempt to make it work, it simply doesn’t work as described by Vanilla paladins.

When I asked what I was doing wrong they said that I wasn’t and that it’s the classic client. So does this fix the problem that has existed for those seals in classic since allegedly day one of Classic?

It should fix this for alliance, though it will not be as good as SoB for horde. You will viable, however. And alliance paladins get Crusader Strike with the new talents on prepatch day, along with 3% raidwide crit. Instantly viable then.

Yeah I knew about the class update, and familiar with TBC paladin but the classic version has me asking loads of questions. Strange as it sounds, Wrath actually turned me off to paladin because it went from a class that was in my opinion very unique and interesting in Tbc, and IMO incomplete yet interesting in classic to basically just a warrior with a blue rage bar… at that point why play paladin? So I went back to playing basically only my rogue (Wrath+) due to the over homogenization.

The Holy Power change in Cata is what turned me off. Played ret in Legion and it was pretty good DPS wise but hated the playstyle.

Yeah never could understand why they had to effectively copy the rogue combo point system concept (simplified) in Cata for so many classes, then in MoP even though I thought the monk was cool, basically copy the function of the paladin class almost directly but make it wear leather and give it rogue like CC.

Worse in WoD, they changed the rogue combo point system to then paladin system, likely so bad players could work out how to use rogue combo points or something stupid, as if everyone needs to use the same system? Why not just delete all the classes at that point when they almost all play the same?

Sorry, ranting, I despise the departure from the core of a class to something it never was… it’s kinda why TBC is so good an expansion, it was the same classes only with some needed upgrades, even if all the issues aren’t fixed it was still worlds better in that way.

Hope they pop up a TBC PTR soon, because I’d like to test.

OK, but a 10 ms batching window is not a good solution for that because it introduces tons of other problems and drastically alters class balance and gameplay in both PvE and PvP

not only does it make PvE encounters easier, when they are already very easy, it introduces all kinds of changes to the way PvP will be played at higher levels

all of this is being done in a way that is totally inauthentic to the original world of warcraft gameplay, and if the current vendor behavior is inauthentic then this is 100x worse

having more responsive vendors, while desirable, has another solution and is not worth this price!

Higher level PvP will be less reliant on batching RNG. That’s going to make it better, not worse even if some classes will get the short end of this deal.

On the contrary a smaller batch size introduces more variance whereas the current authentic batch size is large enough that intentional batching can be performed reliably

All of this is beside the core point that a 10ms batch size is radically inauthentic to original vanilla WoW as well as TBC, WotLK, Cata, and MoP

Forcing WoD, Legion, BfA, and Shadowlands batching window onto classic is the totally wrong and inauthentic approach

1 Like

So this is a batching change complaint and not really a seal twisting comment?

Report the spell. Allegedly they’ve already restored some tricks that were only possible with batching

Such as…?

Consistency is good and =/= easy. Reduced batching means added consistency and less RNG. This is a good thing

“High level” classic pvp. I lol’d

Welcome to 2021 I guess???

What are you even talking about??

I think it’s disengenuous to be worried about authenticity at this point in Classic given all the inauthentic changes that have been implemented.

I’m taking a break from queuing arenas on a TBC private server (where batching is a thing) to tell you that you are completely and utterly clueless

Go back to retail

I’ve played “classic pvp” at the “highest levels” with some of the biggest players in the game. It’s… not that hard.

But thanks for chiming in!