Seal of Command animation and sound are firing before regular swing

While using my Classic Era Dwarf Paladin I noticed that the Seal of Command proc animation, yellow damage and sound are all going off before or in substitution of the regular swing.

Right now when SoC procs the yellow damage appears first, then the white damage. There is no white damage or regular swing animation, only the SoC proc animation. There is also no sound of the white damage, only the sound of the SoC proc.

How it’s supposed to be is you see and hear the animation of the white damage with its amount and THEN you see, in addition to that, the yellow damage amount, animation and sound of the SoC proc shortly after. This way you could see and hear when you blasted someone with a white damage crit and then BAM a SoC proc. The difference was about 0.5 seconds and made for very fun combat.

I have not been able to confirm if this happens with Humans.

EDIT:
Found a video that in the 53:19 timestamp you can see clearly the first regular hit then the SoC proc and hit. The SoC is when he spins. You see here a swing and then a spin. You also hear the regular hit sound and then the SoC proc sound. Same with the white and yellow numbers: https://youtu.be/4j0qWyzFyp8?t=3196

How it appears in the video is how it should be. What is happening now is you only see and hear the SoC proc animation and sound and the white damage number shows AFTER the yellow damage. How it is now is not fun at all. This in addition to no attack sound after a parry or dodge has completely broken the Paladin fighting experience.

1 Like