Scrolling "bounces"

Wow I thought I was crazy. Happens to me too on my M3 Macbook Pro with my trackpad (I don’t use a mouse to play). I believe it started happening with TWW pre-patch before the xpac got released.

4 Likes

Using a Magic Mouse. PLEASE HELP BLIZZ!

3 Likes

I’m going to add my name here as one that hopes this is resolved. There is a fix but it’s very inconvenient for a number of reasons.

Mac settings → search for “pointer control” → click “Trackpad options” → turn OFF “use trackpad for scrolling”.

But of course this means you can no longer use the trackpad to scroll through WoW chat, vendor screens, and of course no more scrolling outside of WoW. Very inconvenient.

3 Likes

Since this problem is ongoing and we haven’t yet seen any update from Blizzard, everyone please take a moment and file an in-game bug report for this if you haven’t already. You won’t get a response from Blizz on it, but unless we make some noise, our problem will be lost in the snowstorm of bugs waiting to be fixed.

5 Likes

Still on-going as of Sept 9th, 2024.

6 Likes

I was in Beta and I reported this bug even then. It was already happening in beta TWW but it seems like they ignored it. I will report the bug again in-game.

5 Likes

Still happening on Sept 14, 2024. I find many of the UI elements borderline unusable.

7 Likes

Still on-going as of Sept 17th, 2024.

Please help us!

5 Likes

I think this might have something to do w/ the “scrolling inertia” feature, because I have the same problem on both a trackpad and an Apple Magic Mouse, but everything is fine if I switch to a 5-button USB mouse with a traditional scroll wheel.

6 Likes

I want to add my name to the list of people experience this problem.

MacBook Pro M2 2022
Sequoia 15.0

7 Likes

This issue is still on-going as of Sept 30th, 2024.

5 Likes

Yep, still busted :frowning:

6 Likes

Still an issue on my M2 Macbook Pro running Sequoia. I mostly use a mouse, but it’s frustrating when playing with the trackpad. Kinda crazy there has been no communication about this.

6 Likes

I turned off “Spring Loading” in OSX Settings → Accessibility → Pointer Control and that seems to have resolved the issue, for what it’s worth. I haven’t tested how it affects scrolling in other applications, but for now appears to be a workaround (YMMV).

5 Likes

Hmm, doing that didn’t seem to change anything for me.

3 Likes

Definitely helps, but still sometimes pops back one tick. Thank you for sharing.

3 Likes

Turning off Spring Loading did not work for me.

Same issue as everyone else, Chat Scroll bounce, Vendor Page Turns, Map Zoom.

Mackbook M1 using built in trackpad.

First noticed at the vendors in PTR for SoD Phase 5, then in game after the Phase 5 prepatch. Caused me to waste 15 Reels on a Shaman Totem, while trying to purchase T2 Wrist Token. Non-refundable. Very Frustrating.

5 Likes

Still no fix or acknowledgment of the problem from Blizzard. This is incredibly annoying while attempting to play and is obviously caused by some poor coding on Blizz’s part. The problem only started with the release of client v.11… The problem only happens with trackpads (built-in or external) and the magic mouse. Mechanical mice seem to be fine.

A player on the EU forums posted a great explanation of the problem.

I’m submitting weekly bug reports until this get fixed.

10 Likes

Also experiencing this. Sucks! Hope Blizz takes attention. Don’t forget those who play on Mac, and who have played (and paid) for decades.

6 Likes

Not like Blizz cares to fix this but here is my report as well.

One click on the mousewheel on any external mouse results in zooming all the way in or out. You can’t just zoom a “small” amount on Mac Os with external mouse. All or nothing. Broken AF. Tried Logitech, tried Razer, tried basic mouse - nothing.

No Mac OS settings make a difference in either Accessibility or in Mouse settings. Please fix this problem. Its annoying AF.

5 Likes