Scrolling "bounces"

When I scroll to the bottom of a text box (the chat box or the guild chat log, for example) using the trackpad on my M1 MBP, it consistently “bounces” up a few lines. That is, when I’m scrolling and hit the bottom I see the bottom lines of the chat, but when I stop scrolling it jumps up and the bottom-most text I can see is a few lines above the actual bottom. The last few lines are not visible.

This also happens with things like zooming out on my map.

This has been happening since the 11.0 patch.

25 Likes

Having the exact same problem. Came here to find this one. Driving me bonkers. Happens on everything from looting bags to maps. Pretty much any scrolling seems to bounce and then hide the lower portion of whatever the window is.

9 Likes

I’m also experiencing the same issue as well. This was not a problem until the latest update. Also, I’m running Sonoma 14.5 M2 Max

8 Likes

Posting to add my name to the list. Scrolling anything causes it to bounce at the bottom of the scroll bar. I use the built-in trackpad, not an external mouse. I already have most gestures turned off at the MacOS level.

Right Clicking inside the game in vendor windows causes them to scroll between pages (if they have more than one page) rather than purchasing the item. Right clicking on the map window causes it to zoom-in and magnify. None of this was happening prior to the new patch.

M1 Macbook Pro
Sonoma 14.5

7 Likes

same thing here, scrolling seems very sensitive after recent update

8 Likes

I am having the same issue; any resolve?

7 Likes

+1 to scrolling sensitivity, UI menus bouncing around pages due to scrolling. It’s horrible to play with right now

M1 Max MBP, Sonoma 14.1.1

9 Likes

OMG I’m glad I came here. I was going crazy thinking this only happened to me. The trackpad is really jumpy. Zooming in and out is also too fast.

I’m on M3 MacBook Pro btw.

Edit: This was also a problem in Beta that I reported but it seems like they ignored it.

7 Likes

I’ll add my voice to this.

M3 Max MBP, latest OS and WoW updates applied. No add-ons enabled.

Glad I am not the only one… I thought I’d need to replace my mouse!

5 Likes

Same issue, and mouse sensitivity seems to stick with computer a little bit after logging out of game.

iMac
3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9
Radeon Pro Vega 48 8 GB
Sonoma 14.5

6 Likes

Also happening to me. Additionally having issues with right clicking on items. Trackpad player.

Macbook Pro
Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

5 Likes

Same issue here since the prepatch it seems.
MacOS 14.5 (23F79)
2021 Macbook Pro

4 Likes

Came to report the same issue. Trackpad is super sensitive since the pre-patch. Glad I’m not the only one. Well, not glad per se, just glad it seems to be an issue outside of my setup.

7 Likes

+1 here. it makes purchases very difficult if the vendor has more than one page

8 Likes

Same here.

Macbook Air M2 2022.

6 Likes

Yeah, I thought it was just the maps/scrolling windows, but it’s worse than that. I just went to darkmoon faire. Went to buy something at a vendor. Went to second page of goods and right-clicked to buy. It spontaneously went back to the FIRST page and bought the item at the equivalent position in the vendor list. The only way I could get things to work correctly was to drag the item over. Shift-right-click didn’t work either.

6 Likes

Thought this was a problem with my Magic Mouse!

7 Likes

Oh thank god I’m not going crazy. I am having the same issue.

Mac Studio 2022 - Apple M1 Max - Sanoma 14.5

7 Likes

Same issue for me, using the built in track pad. Makes the character select screen, in game map, and loot windows a pain to work with.

M2 Max Macbook Pro, Sonoma 14.5

7 Likes

same issue as reported here, Macbook Air 15 M3.

8 Likes