Scrolling "bounces"

And still no fix. You want to buy something on page 4, you end up on page 1.

8 Likes

Add me to this list - Just got back into WoW after about 10 years off and this is already driving me insane - no add-ons or anything were installed when this started (I have them installed now, but no change).

M2 Pro Mac mini with Magic Mouse 2 - contemplating trying a Logitech mouse just to see if it resolves the issue.

Sequoia Beta (but was doing it on Sonoma as well)

8 Likes

Came back to WoW in pre-patch and mine also does this when using the track pad - only when scrolling down. MBP M1 Max running OS 14.6.1. Played earlier in DF and did not have this issue. It’s hella annoying.

6 Likes

Adding me and my wife on two different Macs to this list (MacBook Pro and Intel iMac). Never had this problem before, in many years of playing.

7 Likes

I am having this issue too. Not the end of the world but it is weird! Mac M1 Air on Sonoma 14.6.1

4 Likes

+1 same issue here as well. Vendor pages arbitrarily flipping is the worst offender. Wasn’t like this until the prepatch! Like everyone else, I thought it was a “me” problem…
On a M1 2020 MBP still running Big Sur

7 Likes

I am having this problem too. Hopefully they do something about it before launch.

3 Likes

So I am currently using a non-Apple mouse and the issue is resolved - so that’s possibly a work around for now! My mouse is Logitech and it’s been working for about 4-5 days now.

For reference - I posted above before my name change as ForceOfNia.

2 Likes

Yes! Ok so I am not the only one? pretty much any use of the Apple Mouse is having this scrolling issue since 11.0.0 patch, and I have tried toggling that new mouse acceleration setting to oN and then back to OFF but it’s no help (in fact, the scrolling is exactly the same either way). I heard a Windows user in my guild is having these issues too, but I don’t know what kind of mouse he is using.

This is kinda bumming me out, even thought the early access launch is going pretty smoothly which is awesome.

3 Likes

same issue here, m1 studio Mac.

I’ve unbound camera zoom from mouse wheel as a temporary fix, but nothing I can seemingly do for the text box, mini map and other scroll to zoom/pan functions

4 Likes

It has been a month, the expansion officially launches tomorrow, and I have yet to see a Blizzard acknowledgement that this bug even exists, let alone progress on a fix. Very discouraging.

4 Likes

IN THE MEANTIME, SOLUTION FOR VENDOR/XMOG PAGING:
just Command + click to simulate a right click instead of trackpad double finger.

It doesn’t bounce thankfully.

7 Likes

Glad to see Im not the only one. Its really annoying. Magic mouse user here as well.

4 Likes

Still on-going after 8/28’s hot fix reset this morning.

5 Likes

Also experiencing this issue. Very frustrating to play on a trackpad-based Mac laptop.

5 Likes

I’m having the same issue on MacBook M1 Pro macOS 14.6.1 (23G93) since the pre-patch.

4 Likes

Same problem. Scrolling down to bottom of chat, zooming out in map/minimap, paging through vendors…once the scroll reaches the bottom/end/max zoom out there’s a quick stutter, things normalize where they SHOULD be, then after maybe half a second there’s a bounce back. The behavior is 100% consistent.

Macbook Pro M2 Pro 2023 (16")
Sequoia 15.0
Magic Mouse A1657

4 Likes

I think they’re doing some hot fixes today… :pray:

3 Likes

Nothing was fixed yet. It happens with chat too when you scroll down it goes back up a bit.

4 Likes

Just noticed this today with the chat window. Unfortunately not fixed, nor have I heard anything official about it. Kinda lame tbh but oh well, guess I’m clicking scroll bars from now on.

M2 MacBook Pro

5 Likes