Screen shaking on dh regardless of computer

tldr at bottom.
Posting to see if anyone knows what happening to me.
On my DH I noticed my screen shakes only when using certain abilities, namely chaos strike. Its very subtle but still noticeable. And this only happens on my dh, every other class I try is completely fine. Here is a video:

Since this started I have tried resetting my ui, then reinstalling the game, and finally just reinstalling windows. Nothing Worked. I then logged into my account on my brother’s computer and STILL had the same issue on my DH. So the problem has nothing to do with my PC.
It must something with my account right? Are there any commands I might try to fix this? I already tried /console ActionCam off and /console cvar_reset /console cvar_default . Or is this just a bug with the game. Also here is a thread with the same thing apparently happening.

tldr; Screen shaking on DH and DH only even after resetting ui, reinstalling game and even windows. Even happens when I use a different computer. My theory is an addon messed up something on my account server side. Does anyone know a script to reset everything or to fix this? Already tried /console cvar_reset /console cvar_default

Sounds like it may be a systems settings issue. The cvar resets should have cleared out anything under the hood from an addon. That said, a reinstall should have defaulted your system settings.

I had to watch your video several times before seeing it. You’ve done a good job isolating if it was a pc issue or an addon issue or something else.

In the “or something else”

• A system/graphics setting in game for rumble effects (i personally didn’t find one but maybe someone else ?)
  • In the System menu, Advanced there is a Physics setting and this shake sounds like it might be that kind of thing…
  • animation from an item effect you’re wearing which can be easily checked (use the skill naked on a target dummy)
  • animation of the skill itself and this may not be changeable. It wouldn’t be unheard of for Blizz to make unannounced changes like this.

If I were in your shoes I would try the naked test and if I still saw it turn all of my graphics settings down to the lowest possible. If the issue is fixed, then start turning up one setting at a time until the issue comes back or I’ve narrowed down the problem. Otherwise, it may just be part of the skill animation.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestions, unfortunately none of them worked. If this was just part of the spell animation, I definitely would have noticed it by now. IF ANYONE KNOWS SOME OBSCURE CONSOLE COMMAND THAT WOULD FIX THIS WEIRD PROBLEM/BUG HIT ME UP!!! thanks.

If you’ve still yet to find a fix, try the addon Advanced Interface Options?

Browsing obscure options is kinda it’s thing.

I’m curious, does it happen to the same degree at all camera angles?

It’s so subtle that I really wonder if it’s just part of the animation.