Scammers and compensation

Should be more security in trade chat sales for gold. i was scammed, purchased in game carry with gold and he took the gold and deleted me , he was advertising 10/10 H SoD carry with funnel in trade chat and took my gold and ran after linking a copy of a large sales community discord. I want the gold refunded blizzard can see the trade and chat history. ridiculous how these things are handled

8 Likes

Think I found your problem…

31 Likes

If you didn’t know, in-game carries for gold are an UNSUPPORTED transaction. Essentially, you are at the mercy of the person “selling” the carry.

17 Likes

Yeah, but if blizzard allows the transactions to occur and it is on record, why cant they refund the gold if they are going to ban the person anyway. doesnt make sense.

5 Likes

That’s your own fault, not Blizzard’s.

It won’t be. Any transaction outside of the AH is not in any way Blizzard’s issue and is purely on you.

Your security against unsupported transactions in trade chat is: don’t do unsupported transactions.

6 Likes

Customer Service blue post response:

We don’t assist in returning scammed funds because we don’t wish to encourage people to participate in risky behavior assuming that we can simply undo it. These kinds of trades are entirely unsupported, but they aren’t against our policies. So we allow them, but they are at your own risk.

19 Likes

Blizzard does not regulate these and often discourages buying carries, or other non-guaranteed items.

Sorry to hear, but it’s one of the unspoken rules of MMOs. Unless you get a physical item in a trade, never give gold.

They don’t handle it, is the thing. Can’t refund your gold since you willingly traded it.

2 Likes

This is between 2 Individuals not Blizzard.

2 Likes

So, we have the freedom to scam people?

3 Likes

Nope. People can ticket the incident and Blizzard can ban the scammer. They’re just not getting their gold back.

7 Likes

You might want to consult the ToS.

Unsupported transaction scams are still AGAINST the EULA. You just WILL NOT be refunded in the case that you are scammed.

3 Likes

It’s just them being lazy.

2 Likes

The prince of Jamaica called me the other day and said if i give him 1 thousands dollars he will pay me back 1 million. I gave him my CC info and he hasn’t returned the favor yet, blizzard this is your fault.

4 Likes

How is it lazy to ban the scammer and make sure the one that got scammed isn’t encouraged to do it again? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

7 Likes

yeah the gold vendors should be punished…I’ve been reporting them and blocking them like crazy even on facebook where they’re doing more advertising as well as that one offer where they’ll beat mage tower for you which is also a scam.

They should give the paying player his or her gold back.

3 Likes

No they absolutely shouldn’t. If you buy an unsupported transaction, you do so at your own risk.

9 Likes

If you want to buy a boost, which is up to you… I strongly recommend going through top-ranked guilds instead of a boosting community.

Boosting communities are predatory because they have no in-game reputation to uphold.

6 Likes

No they shouldn’t.

2 Likes

Yes, they should.

2 Likes