Save server sulfuras merge with westfall

Hello my fellow WoW Classic players. As we prep for WOTLK XPAC drop, We’ve all noticed the major elephant in the room. Servers dying out due to lack of players. Although I do believer realm consolidation will help a lot, I still believe their is more work needed to save realms and ensure highest probability of overall survival and sustainability for the game.

I’ve been on the server Sulfuras since I’ve returned to WoW and sadly have seen nothing but a decrease in overall population like a lot of other realms. Sulfuras is a PVP realm that is completely one sided, negating the whole point of PVP if there is no enemy, this is more so a PVE server if anything. Please blizzard, introduce community driven server merges. At this point in my realm, its not about PVP/PVE its just about overall sustainability. We’ve had countless amount of our players transfer out to bigger servers seeing the downfall of this server almost inevitable. I’ve looked at all the following servers and I feel if Blizzard was to incorporate a merge with the server Westfall (another US East coast server ) this would not only bring sustainability but a nice healthy population between both sides. Now I understand, “But Westfall is a PVE server and Sulfuras is a PVP”. It doesn’t matter. THERE IS NO WORLD PVP ON MY SERVER. With a population of LESS THAN 10 ALLIANCE TO 2500 HORDE PLAYERS, This should have no impact on the merge, as again, THERE IS NO WORLD PVP TO BEGIN WITH. And please, don’t argue saying well if there’s 10 people, there should be pvp, I have without a doubt the majority of players would welcome this merge with open arms.

Blizzard, save your realms, introduce this server merge with an OPTION to do world PVP if they choose. Leave it up to the community to vote if they would like this.

I think you need to see the writing on the wall my friend. It’s over. Go somewhere else. A lot of us already have.

Writing can be changed. Just because a lot have given up, still a lot left with faith.

World pvp is a waste of time

1 Like

While I Played on Westfall, (key being played already took the sub off my account just letting it run out) if they were both the same type it would be a great idea, but to mix up a bunch of people that some picked PVP and some PVE. ya I don’t think it would not work out too well. (would the new server be PVE server?, I mean anyone wanting PVP could just flag themselves right? )

1 Like

It does matter. Everyone on Westfall chose PVE.

There was, in vanilla. Do you know the history?

One alliance guild aggroed both factions enough, this happened:

Hard to say what happened after, besides alliance ultimately packing up and leaving the server within 3 months after TBC launched.

Most people on PVP do not want PVP. They want a 1 sided realm they can pretend is PVP but really isn’t. What’s sad is that most players wanting PVP are then forced to roll on them because there’s no better option. When Deviate Delight died, Sulfuras became the only decent destination for horde on east coast. You either get 99% horde with no enemies, or 99% alliance with no friends. Not much of a contest there.

“And yet, most of DD came to Grobb.”
-Grobb is west coast. I specifically said east coast for a reason.

“The time zone doesn’t matter.”
-Maybe not to you but you don’t speak for the entire playerbase. Realms are also hosted in the region so you get a lower ping to the one closer to you.

And yet, most of DD came to Grobb.

You aren’t listening. The 2nd wave of FCM did nothing for Sulfuras.

Sulf is dying because DD didn’t even want it.
Fairbanks also was looking at Sulf or Grobb, and chose us.

Sulfuras died for alliance after TBC launch and is just about too far gone even for horde.

I would know, I used to play there.
:crossed_swords:

1 Like

Back in my day, Sulfuras had 6700 horde once.

Sad to see what has become of the server now.

you say it matters but as of right now, there is no alliance to PVP for horde on my server… we ARE a PVE server… just because it says PVP on paper, if no one is here we can PVP, also we can do is PVE… merging with westfall and making it all just PVE wouldnt matter because again, THERE IS NO WORLD PVP IN CURRENT STATE.

Which you more or less did to yourselves. I was there. It was a 66% horde server.
Every summon stone, every quest hub, every farming spot…alliance outnumbered two to one.
With a horde also still salty after what I linked above? Unsustainable.
You could tell horde to back off or alliance will quit the server, and they wouldn’t care or listen. Zug zug. After it was clear alliance was bullied off the server for good, I quit horde and left too.

Sounds like you are new to the server and not aware it all happened already.
But when you did find out it was a 99% horde server, why did you stay?
I mean if you want good pvp, leaving is all you can do.

Blizz will not soon step in and fix what player migration has caused. But hopefully, the realm consolidation in August will prove me wrong. But to specifically ask for a PVP and PVE server to be put together…is nothing more than ill-thought and desperate.

Let’s wait and see what they actually do first.

The time zone doesn’t matter. There are lots of East Coast players on Grobb, myself included. I’m sure the same is true on the other mega servers as well.

1 Like

Anyone else thinking “wow, warmode was actually a pretty good idea” yet?

It wouldn’t surprise me if we end up with it after the consolidation. But it is largely a pve driven playerbase, even if they can’t be pvp’d during isle dailies or at their raid summon stones, they would still xfer to be among the largest raid pool. Because you allegedly need 30k people to find 25. Or to find 5 for your 4am dungeon run.

People have mostly shown how irrelevant the opposite faction is to them. They are perfectly content on their 99% servers and if they do run into the few left standing, how can they lose? Plus, we don’t even need each other to queue bg’s anymore.

Orcs & Humans
Sadly a long lost thing.

1 Like

My friend and I wanted pvp. We rerolled twice to an almost 50/50 realm to watch both die. I really wish only the people that wanted an actual pvp server rolled on one instead of all the carebears that listened to the hype and found out they didn’t actually want that.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.