Satyr Allied Race

They start the game in the Cataclysm timeline.

A new Race would start the game in the BfA timeline (and then seamlessly timetravel to the Cataclysm timeline lol).

Yes, that’s why I said that Dryads/Keepers of the Grove would start in the same area as Night Elves, but in a DIFFERENT phase. Please read, before you go all ballistic on me.

Dryad starts in the Night Elf starting zone in the BfA timeline.

Night Elf starting zone in the BfA timeline is on fire.

Dryad dies.

Why not start in Ashenvale? Ashenvale is mostly not on fire.

Then maybe Dryads could start in a new zone entirely? Like, maybe even Ashenvale, since it hasn’t been touched ever since Cataclysm?

EDIT: I kept trying to post this post, but the forums wouldn’t let me respond. I had Ashenvale in mind, as you mentioned above.

Now, as for Centaurs starting in the same general area as Tauren, but in a different phase, is understandable, no?

Ashenvale would be perfect. Especially that place with the laughing sisters.

Either way, I’m actually SICK of having ONLY bipedal races as a playable race. And yes, Female Draenei heavily resemble Female Satyrs. I would love a Dryad for Alliance, and in the Centaur models were updated, since they haven’t been updated since Vanilla… They could be in with the Horde, at least a certain Tribe that breaks away from the rest of their kin.

Worgen also helped the Night Elves fight off the satyr in the past. They earned their place.

didn’t the nightelves banish the worgen right after that to sleep for eternity in the emerald dream because they were monsters and didn’t want to deal with their bloodlust?

Sorry but we already have russian space goats, cant beat that

If you can give me a scenario where we get them then I agree otherwise no. Every time I run across them they attack me so either they are Alliance only, which I can’t see happening since they are rather dark, or they just hate EVERYONE. I’m sticking with hating everyone and not obtainable.

+1 for all the hard work you put into this thread. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Remember the days when every time you ran across a worgen (whether you were Horde or Alliance) and it attacked you. They hated everything and they were rather dark.

Could you possibly think of a scenario where those irrational evil werewolves from another dimension could be playable?

I couldn’t.

But then Blizzard decided to make them playable. They bent the lore and adjusted the internal logic accordingly. Suddenly, the Worgen were British humans. And the Night Elf druids had conveniently devised a ritual to make them rational and non-murdery.

There are infinite ways to justify giving Satyrs (or any other race for the matter) to either faction. They don’t even need pre-established lore because they make the lore so they can always make new lore to justify their decisions (see Tauren Paladin lol). Blizzard just has to choose one way among an infinity.

Examples:

1 - It’s revealed that many Satyrs weren’t actually evil but they were mind controlled by Xavius. With Xavius’ death they got free and sought their Night Elf relatives for help and redemption. Satyrs join the Alliance.

2 - Satyrs make friends with the Forsaken because they are both evil and they both hate everybody and they both like plagues and poisons and darkness, and the Satyrs love the way the Horde torched Darnassus. Satyrs join the Horde.

3 - Warlocks enslave a population of Satyrs and force them to join their faction. Satyrs join whatever.

Etc.

Yes! Nobody said anything! Primarily, nothing was said by paladins, priests or mages!

But they had an Alliance hero, Alleria, interceding for them!
Not that it means much to me, since they remain blood elves of Silvermoon, who played with powers that they could not control, rebelled against the prohibitions that guaranteed the security of the source of the Sunl, never came to seek the help of the Alliance after being exiled because they never had any friendly or interest in the Alliance and now, pretend to care for the Alliance, when until yesterday, they were among the blood elves who they could not speak the word “Alliance” without doing a mouth hygiene soon thereafter, to remove the bad taste they felt from mentioning the faction they believe had betrayed their homeland!

Satyrs has no one to speak for them, and Satyrs are, in their vast majority, servants of Xavius ​​or at least cooperate with him willingly.

They have committed countless crimes against the Night Elves and even against the Alliance as a whole!
We faced countless Satyrs in Valshara, who were not at all sorry for their actions!

I’m sorry, but satyrs are on the same ship as the naga!
They are corrupt, evil, and enemies that must be destroyed!
Only serve to generate to generate loot and XP!

Alpha Prime and its followers have become corrupt druids!
All playable worgens, are not Druids but humans of Gilneas!
None of the Druids who took on the appearance of Goldrinn, against the recommendations of Malfurion and Cenarius, are of Gilneas, have some transgression against the Night elves or tried to kill Malfurion and his Druids!

To undo an injustice, which punished all practitioners of magic as criminals, and allowing them to re-enter society, was right!

Either that or accept that Malygos was right, since all mortals are guilty of recklessly using magic and would never learn to control themselves!
So they deserve to be killed, including the Draeneis, who also use magic!

There is no injustice or failure of judgment of the Night Elves, in relation to the Satyrs!
Satyrs have always sought the destruction of Azeroth, as have the nagas and the eredars!

They do not want to redeem themselves., and it would be a shame to have something like that in ally, just to supply the ‘cool rule’!
Purple blood elves, are already embarrassing enough!

If it ain’t Murlocs I ain’t interested.

Alliance with the Satyrs is actually a (roleplaying) goal my extremely ill-advised Belfadin has been all about for a while. Then again, he’s working from misleading information, having been badly brought up. :smiley:

Not happening.

I forgot about Blizz making sh!@ up out of thin air. I’m in, sign me up, lets do this.

We’ve been asking for the remaining Night Elven Worgen to be woken and recruited into the ranks of the alliance with druid as an option with wolf themed forms.

In response, the horde could recruit the Satyrs with nightmare themed druid forms. They took one of the main zones with a Satyr encampment.
Perhaps the horde of the Satyr reach out to the other. Fits the horde theme as well, out casts looking for a place to belong, some even with a former legion background.

1 Like

i like me some female Eredar better

Satyr could go either faction in my eyes. If a faction ever gets Naga I feel like they would be close. Xavius was Azsharas advisor.

Would the Illidari think about recruiting them or enslaving some?

Classes: warrior death knight hunter shaman (similar to naga being shaman old night elves had a form of elemental mastery feltotems), rogue, monk, fel druids (possible given feltotem and felbourne botanists), demonhunter (possible? They are demons right? Sort of like the eredar ones), mage, warlock and priest.

If they went with the Naga proposal of shapeshifting Elune worshipping group, they’d fit in with the Alliance real well. Other shape shifting race, elune worshippers, and if something happens with the Jinyu/Ankoan, even acquatic.

I’m not sure how accepting the Night Elves would be of Satyr after the big war they had with them, throw Night Elven Worgen into the mix and I’d definitely say Satyr go horde as they were the whole reason the Night Elves began using pack form. Then you have the orcs being former Legion minions…could be part of why they accept the Satyr.

Would be a cool option for Demon hunters.