San’layn/vampyr Elf ALLIED RACE Coagulated Megathread of Ideas{Re-VAMPed} (Part 1)

Garrosh is going to look like a red version of those pale orcs by the time we see him.

3 Likes

That’s even more disappointing, especially seeing how he was in Cataclysm. I’ve been doing a lot of MoP stuff for the first time lately, and seeing Garrosh admire the Mogu for their tyrannical personalities and actions was a bit jarring. x- x

Speaking of his current fate, I thought of another “annoyed” quote San’layn NPC’s could have if those type of quotes were still in the game:

“Does the phrase “living blood fountain” have any meaning to you?”

Guess the Venthyr also looked into how to make that occur. :bat:

6 Likes

Blizz loves destroying perfectly good characters. And if they aren’t killing them, they are killing of interesting characters that were just introduced this expansion like Zelling who was turning out to be an interesting character before well…y’know.

To be fair, there wasn’t a whole lot for Zelling to do post-fourth war, especially since Blizz was determined to give the role(s) of “saviors of the Forsaken” to Derek Proudmoore and Calia Menethil anyway. Arguably, there wasn’t much room for his narrative to be expanded upon.

Sometimes a tragic character death actually improves them. We probably wouldn’t think as highly of Zelling as we do now if he hadn’t been martyred by Sylvanas. He would have ended up like Amalia Stone or Delaryn Summermoon; purposeless and forgotten.

So farming Heroic 25-man Throne of Thunder for Shado Pan Assault rep, I actually got this niffty dagger that has a blood dripping effect:

If you look at your appearances tab and search for it under daggers, there are three different colors to it, though Wowhead has only two pages for them. I’m assuming they all drop from the same boss (I have all three appearances when I noticed I got it), though I don’t know if raid difficulty matters or not for each color. If you check the dagger’s appearance on your character via the dressing room (hold Ctrl to turn your mouse cursor into a magnifying lens and click on the item), you’ll see the blood dripping animation it has.

Figured I’d share it, since it would go really well as a San’layn weapon. :bat:

1 Like

Edit:
I’m just going to put my hopes for the future in this post. I hope we get San’layn content for 9.1 or 9.2, that would be really sweet. A solid source for the vampyr curse, which has been confirmed in a post to be Revendreth but not expanded upon at all. I think it was touched loosely.

I still think, if we’re not to ever get an allied race, a night-warrior scenario could be appropriate. We could unlock San’layn eye colors (white, black, amber, red?), fangs, and undead skin tones. They could even combine it with dark ranger lore, but I think the DRs have a quest coming up or something.

Also, vampire customization (and lore) from the venthyr covenant for most races would be cool. Though I still think some would be a weird fit if that were to happen, like worgen.

Edit: See post below, I was incorrect with the confirm statement! Was a misread.

2 Likes

I had a thought today. This was the only “like” I ever gave Blizzard on youtube and will be the only like I’ve ever given Blizzard until further notice. lol

There was a confirmation post saying the San’layn curse came from Revendreth? Do you have a link? Not doubting you just want to see the source.

At least we have an origination point, and if they did come out and say the curse of the San’layn came from Revendreth/Venthyr then that means they have at the very least thought about the San’layn in some regard.

I don’t know if they could add the vampirism curse as a customization. Given that the Venthyr we see get burned and killed by the Light. I don’t see how that could work with the Sunwell and the Blood Knights being imbued with the Light.

I think there’s still a good chance for an AR. They could pair it with the a Night Elf Worgen option.

2 Likes

It’s a soft confirm, not sure how to explain it but it was in an interview mentioning blood magic, blood trolls, and San’layn(not sure by name, something about lich king era).

Sure I’ll go find it! I’m going back to sleep now but I’ll search later. What I do know is that it was indeed in an interview and ‘somewhat’ confirmed it. Weird wording. I’ll post when I find it and am more awake.

And no I understand entirely, sources are extremely important. If anyone else knows what I’m talking about feel free to toss it in before me

3 Likes

Ok I found what I was looking for!

““When we were talking about the different possibilities of the Shadowlands, we talked about what classic themes are related to afterlives and undead.” says Steve Danuser, lead narrative designer on World of Warcraft . A natural conclusion to that conversation was vampirism and blood magic, pulling inspiration from classic tales like Dracula . This also explains parts of Azeroth we’ve seen before, from the blood trolls of Nazmir to Blood Queen Lana’thel and her servants in Icecrown Citadel. We’ve seen the powers of the Venthyr before; now we get to meet them up close.”

Turns out I was wrong! The article itself mentions it, but there’s no true confirm here I think. Whoops. Bookmarking this though still as it’s important :stuck_out_tongue:

So I misread that as: “Blood magic and the curse came from Shadowlands/venthyr” when in reality it’s just talking about thematics. Glad I found this.

Edit: Also the article itself made this conclusion, but it WASN’T an official WoW dev, which must be what twisted me up in the last sentence.

4 Likes

I see “Behold” in the title, and the first thought in my head is:

The iris opens!

5 Likes

I see him the first thought in my head is:

4 Likes

To be completely fair to malfy, Xavius was basically just mocking Tyrande and Malfurion and that wasn’t actually malf saying that. But yeah, it was a pretty cringe moment.

1 Like

Yeah, but it makes you remember the awful scene when you see or hear him. Poor guy’s been turned into a joke for something he didn’t even do.

4 Likes

I honestly see Tyrande more of a joke in that, she’s the one reacting to it. That, of course, isn’t what made me absolutely hate her(was her reaction to Illidan’s sacrifice and poor treatment of Nightborne), but it did get me to find her annoying.

5 Likes

It’s a bit hilarious how the dude who was imprisoned for 10k years learned to let go of the fact that his people did that, yet Tyrande still treats him like total crap even after being a key component in stopping the burning legion.

6 Likes

I wouldn’t mind getting the Satyrs added as an AR. Xavius was a bad-ma’am-a-jamma.

Also I hate Tyrande.

1 Like

Yeah like imagine each covenant brought in a related Allied race, neutral I guess;
Mald: Liches
Revendreth: San’layn
Arden: Uncorrupted Satyr (needs lore though)
Kyrian: Vry’kul

6 Likes

Not exactly the place for it but since I know some people here would/might be interested:

6 Likes

Ooh, I should hold one for dark rangers and Fallyn should hold one for San’layn!

7 Likes