San’layn/vampyr Elf ALLIED RACE Coagulated Megathread of Ideas{Re-VAMPed} (Part 1)

idk man, body jewelry is pretty dope. Needs more like body markings like the BE on the TBC cover or arcane tattoos kind of like the nightborne.

2 Likes

Definitely not my thing but glad some can appreciate it at least! Man what would be cool would be hair tinged in red or something or blood spatter markings if we ever did get San’layn AR/Customization. Also for Dark Ranger lovers, those markings of course.

2 Likes

Just popping in to show my support for San’Layn, I really thought you’d at least get them as customization for Blood Elves or maybe at least Undead.

Hopefully before SL we will see something positive for San’Layn.

4 Likes

So I think I’ve talked about this some to some degree, but I feel like it’s worth mentioning in more detail. We all think that keeping an eye on the Venthyr is the best potential chance for San’layn info, but I’m also keeping an eye on what Sylvanas is up to as well.

As I mentioned before, I really would not be thrilled to see San’layn among the ranks of Sylvanas’ Looney Tunes Posse, and knowing that she has minions of different types does worry me that Blizzard may just throw San’layn in there just to fill up raid/dungeon boss/mook quotas or jobbers for quests.

Now, is it the end of the world if we do see any on Sylvanas’ side? Not necessarily. Sure, I’ll rant about it on here, but it could be possibly that it was just a coven who lusted for power and is why they’re following Sylvanas. It’s always possible there is another coven who saw Sylvanas and decided to become The Grateful Dead because they knew they would become loot piñatas and would combat The Ungrateful Dead of Sylvanas because they know siding with the Horde means they’ll survive the expansion.

Chances are, we’re going to fight Sylvanas’ mooks at some point. She might even become a raid boss also. It’d be a shame to just lump San’layn, a race with great storyline potential, with the likes of banal undead monsters just so we have things to mildly annoy us in raids or dungeons.

Speaking of, some slight spoiler talk about a raid in Shadowlands:

Click here to read some spoiler talk for Shadowlands!

So far, it seems Nathanos is going to be a raid boss in one of the upcoming raids. I don’t know the context of it, other then we get to beat the smug snot out of him, so there is at least one raid to keep an eye out on.

Anyway, I’m sure I’d be very disappointed and all “RAWR!” with my keyboard if we see San’layn relegated to licking Sylvanas’ boots because “ghouls before fools,” but in such a case, I wouldn’t say to give up entirely. As I said, there could be another coven or maybe the San’layn are undercover for the Horde and will do a face turn, earning their place in the Horde.

Still, I would prefer they have nothing to do with Sylvanas other than helping us mount her head on a pike and becoming a Horde allied race. I’ll keep an eye out and report anything I see, as well as hope for the best. :bat:

4 Likes

Indeed, as I posted over in the blues VE/BE thread that for Dark Rangers that there could maybe be decay options tied to their skin options as well as San’layn if need be, as well as ofc the claws and ears, that are also a popular idea.

A couple more dreary hair colors would also likely be welcome additions for any sort of Undead look. Swapping a few styles between Void Elves and Blood Elves could also prove helpful in this regard.

5 Likes

Yeah that thread is getting rapid fire responses so I’ll post my idea here too:

Honestly sharing hair styles and jewelry between races would be fine. Not only are horde and alliance buddy buddy now, but members of a race could be influenced by others. I despise the notion of “But racial fantasy!” Not everyone is going to be a cookie cutter character of that race. I wish we had diverse options and styles. Being stuck with strict valley girl/guy nonsense only while others like void elves get a variety of styles is so frustrating not gonna lie. This goes beyond just elves too. Share! No one would be forced to use these options. They’d just be there for those to use if they’d like.

Team San’layn Allied race in my very case. They get prissy elves on alliance? Give us goth elves on Horde!

8 Likes

It grows by like 500-1,000 every day, it’s insane. I wish my threads got so much as like 75 a day. High elves are insanely popular to talk about in WoW, but especially so on the forums. (I’d bet a lot of people were introduced to the forums because of high elves tbh)

I’m still jealous they got the hot topic elves
One of my favorite races in the game despite being so new.

5 Likes

Wow I didn’t even see that as I was at work earlier, and there was a lot of unnecessary back and forth so I had trouble keeping up with that thread for a while. But yes, that seems to be the best place to post ideas at the moment, as it has far more traffic and the fact that it’s a blue post probably helps, but I’m still also trying to do my part to help keep the other threads going.

Nonetheless great post and I agree 100%. People act like the exchange of cosmetics is some sort of taboo and protest it at all costs which is highly detrimental for Blood Elves as being contrary in response of Void Elves getting a fair tone is really just shooting ourselves in the foot at this point.

Like this is a 2 way street between Void Elves and Blood Elves, Blood Elves may as well get something in return too, like imagine an Undead Blood Elf with Red or Yellow eyes, pallid skin and white hair and one of the gothic hairstyles with a choker, it would be exquisite.

Both chokers and facial piercings would also be great for Blood Elves, both for the gothic and opulent aesthetics, especially with the Blood Elves more slender necks. One thing would we need for those though is different coloring so it’s not just gold.

On the whole though player agency should not suffer due to ones own personal immersion/fantasy.

3 Likes

I went ahead and did it:

A bit shameless to link my own thread I know, but I figured some of the things I mentioned there some people might steal and request for elves/San’layn. Maybe not. Probably not tbh. But hey, maybe ;).
Plus I spent a while writing and later editing the first post there so I’m a bit proud of it. I mentioned jewelry there and getting a small set of bat earrings for San’layn with a ruby in the center, or that bat with a ruby on a necklace would be really cool.

8 Likes

ok, another user who wants to compete with his DH Goblins and gnomes in post-apocalyptic cyber punk Azeroth.

Even something like this would be nice:
https://i.imgur.com/FWKN5YR.png

3 Likes

Yeah I do like that quite a bit for sure, plus we’ve seen the blood princes have two colors of hair, so it’d be neat :stuck_out_tongue:

“But Falls, what about the other races and–”

Hair dye for everyone imo! :smiley:

8 Likes

Void elves are so dope, despite being shoehorned in as hell.

If hot topic elf is a thing, then giving it to both factions may not pan out! I invoke my earlier theory of kael’thas bringing in vampire elves for the alliance! We’ll get all the goth elves!

We’ve got goth nelves too with the right customization :yum:

Here to show my compilation again to see what people think.

Also, is there any way I can format these better?

3 Likes

So I’ve been thinking we won’t get undead or fel customization with Blood Elves. Perhaps these outcast elves can be drawn into a super beefy allied race with a crazy amount of options.

Maybe Kael’thas should come back and as a part of his “redemption” is to reach out to these outcasted Blood Elves and create a place in the world for them.

One more thing to note is that felblood could only be added to the vampire allied race under very specific circumstances.

2 Likes

Hey guys! I found out Night Elves are getting an Undead Night Elf theme! I have it configured, on the Wowhead Dressing Room, for Female Night Elves. Face is set to option 2, Skin Color 5, Hair Style 20, Hair Color 9, Markings 10, Eye Color 11, Earrings, Piercings, Necklace, Headdress, Vines, and Vine Color are all set as option 1. You’ll see what I mean!

Just saying, if NIGHT ELVES of all bloody races get undead elf themes prior to Blood elves, I think I’m done. Especially after running this community for so long and sharing these ideas, just to not only have void elves get two themes (Dark and light now because high elf skins) AND night elves ALSO get two themes… but Blood elves get the same old boring prissy nonsense mono-theme while people have been asking for undead elves via dark rangers or San’layn.

If it’s a sign for Horde actually getting undead elves, neat, but I can’t say I’m not pretty frustrated. Especially lately.

11 Likes

Yes, I am sorry about that, Fallynn! You’ll always be my Number 1 choice for an Undead Elf. I would’ve rather had San’layn, or Blood Elf Dark Rangers, but it seems Night Elves got the Night Elf Dark Rangers, instead.

1 Like

Better not be an “instead”. Thank gods nothing is confirmed yet, but again, I think I’m flat out done with this game if they do that. Not even joking. It’s my choice in the matter and I know people don’t care if I, a random player quits, but time and again their decisions have been so frustrating that this and/or a time skip would be the final straw for me.

Undead night elves are a ridiculous concept that came out of the blue and quite frankly, if you want my honest opinion? Don’t fit the Alliance. I’m all for mixing themes, but, and I’m going to say this controversial thing while not caring: Horde should get undead elves first or at the same time as that nonsense if anything. Otherwise it’s just a big spit in the face to all we’ve been trying to do here, and people who have been wanting San’layn/Dark Rangers.

But, we’re a smaller community, so I wouldn’t be surprised if our input mattered little anyway.

4 Likes

I got so confused when I saw that too. I mean to me Night Elf always turn into Wisp once they die or Ghost/Banshee How can they become Undead Night Elf

2 Likes