Safe to say Shadowlands is the third worst expansion?

Because it was. They’ve made it very clear since Legion that they’re designing stand-alone games now, not really making any effort to “expand” the actual World of Warcraft. Small, temporary, and disposable is the new design philosophy.

This is the only expansion I stopped playing. Personally I thought WoD and Cata were both better.

3 Likes

You all remember when General Drak in UBRS was the BBG in the game. He had loot and we wanted it, clear and concise story telling!!

To be honest, this is actually my least favourite expansion.

BFA and WoD had huge issues/lack of content but at least they had compelling and grounded stories and atmosphere.

Shadowlands is just too far removed from reality and anything I care about. I simply do not care about the shadowlands.

They should have made the Shadowlands something you periodically visit throughout an expansion set on Azeroth rather than making it the whole expansion.

4 Likes

We all seem to be in agreement that SL, BFA, and WOD are Top 3 Worst.

We just all have them in a different order. hehe

2 Likes

No, Shadowlands is absolutely the 1st worst.

3 Likes

Was worried you were going to say Mists of Pandaria.

LOL the irony
that is exactly the problem, we are one patch in and the game has been out for what? 10 months?
9.2 isnt even really on the horizon either

And you’re certainly didn’t made it any better.

You seem to think for multiplayer games with no end in sight, can be judged the same as single-player games; wait until 100% everything comes out then judge it. WoW is a constant evolving thing and we have access to PTR, alphas and betas via by our subs. We have all the tools and info at our fingertips to make informed judgements, and half of the time, the content in the beta to launch stays relatively the same.

And really, what good will judging an expansion after it’s done and over with, for these sorts of games?.. If people wait until shadowlands is 100% done, and they get to say their bad, how would that make the next expansion better?..

I don’t know why you bought up white-knighting, but now i’m starting to think you didn’t made this suggestion out of nativity here.

Your “Don’t judge until it’s 100% done” on a multiplayer game argument is the very antithesis of logic. By your very own same logic, you can’t call an expansion good either until it’s 100% done.

No. Your point is to de-legitimatize people’s opinions because they don’t meet up your arbitrary rules.

Shadowlands at it’s worst is better than BfA and Legion at it’s best tbh

Agreed. They seem to think you must judge the game as if it’s a single-player game, when really that’s not how it works. Unless they don’t want meaningful change. :man_shrugging:

There are some really bad takes in this thread.

Just remember your experience isn’t everyone elses.

The first tier wasn’t great.

I’m actually having plenty of fun now.

Honestly, Legion only really came into it’s own in 7.2.

We’ll see. Unfortunately, Shadowlands has been the ‘pandemic’ expansion, so I do understand if things are a little slower.

If the next tier is legitimately great, this expansion could yet be saved.

I’d say BFA and SL are defiantly duking it out for bottom 2, who is the worst will quite possibly come down to how 9.2 wraps this up.

WoD gets 3rd since you can’t get around it was an expansion unpopular enough they ejector seated a whole patch, however playing through it now isn’t so bad so gets bumped up to 3rd.

1 Like

Everyone has their formula on what they consider good or bad. I say SL is meshed in with TBC and MoP for me. The three that did not click with me.

Thus far, SL>WOD>Cata.

At least there is something to do in SL, which is more than could be said in WOD and Cata.

1 Like

You think this is better than BFA?

Watch your clever mouth, beach

THIS. And if the future of wow lore is these cosmology shenanigans, I’m willing to leave the game. I just don’t think is interesting.

Honestly I think Shadowlands is worse than both BFA and WOD

Edit: with maybe the exception of 8.3. Corruption was the worst system I’ve ever seen in 30+ years of playing videogames

1 Like