Safe Space forum section

I’m not going to get into it. You’ll just have to take my word for it.

Or don’t, I don’t particularly care. I’m just letting that guy know not to waste his time.

I like turtles.
:turtle:

4 Likes

Not wasting my time.

But this is where it gets scary. We have seen this, in real time. People advocating for “safe Spaces” only for it to turn into “we have the power to silence those who oppose us/aren’t us”. We see this happening in schools and campuses more often.

We are seeing this play out in real time in real life. WHY would you want to go to more places to restrict speech, more and more.

We have already seen major company’s like Twitter before Musk had taken over, that executives were censoring certified doctors, therapists, nurses, and chemists and even blocking their accounts to, in their words “provide a comforting space” during COVID.

These are televised and recorded hearings that you can find on the internet if you don’t agree with me.

Anyhow,
just my 2 cents on this post. Same as any other.

1 Like

In MMO Champion, they have an off-topic forum that was supposed to be a safe space. Mods actively post there and ban people who disagree with them.

2 Likes

Sounds like a terrifying idea that blizzard would totally be into.

This sums it up, tbh. I’m really not sure why there were people who were confused or even wanted to argue about it.

There’s always the unless or the but in it, which makes my statement not “untrue”. You cannot post what you want here and expect it to last, or for you to last.

I never disagreed with this.

You wanting to know why I want something like this doesn’t mean your point stands.

1 Like

Because if your whole point is to have a place where everyone thinks exactly like you, and you can censor/ban/remove anyone who has any other opinion or thought, other than yours that makes you slightly uncomfortable, then you’re just a tyrant who is only out for control and group thought. If your purpose is a “safe place where all (not really) can feel welcome” then it will eventually devolve into the above sentence. It always does.

Then i just make another post. The forums is just a place, it’s a thing. It matters not when i come or go. But what i make of it.

So back to my original thought…WHY. What compels you to further restrict speech so that only certain things can be talked about it a manner of your choosing?

How.

For control is the reason.

im sure you can find MANY posts with this already available on the forums.

Where did I even hint at that?

You’re just making stuff up to push a narrative, I never hinted at this either.

I don’t work for Blizzard, I don’t control anything.

You’re not going to get a further explanation than what is already in my OP. Take it or leave it, I don’t care. But, for the sake of the repeated question, here -

Meanwhile in the cases of say lgbt folks. Its like “yeah they’re probably pushy and gatekeepy sometimes but at least they ain’t murdering the non lgbt for existing.”

Seriously law where is my “cisgender panic” defense? Yall ( not you specifically just law folk in general ) made the “trans panic” defense and I’m still surprised thats still around to my knowledge

1 Like

Yikes. it really writes itself.

I’m so tempted to make a serious response to this thread. But I also know better. It’s one of those internal struggles kinda thing.

3 Likes

I’m just poking my head in honestly because the thread was still going after awhile.

2 Likes

Genuinely confused at what this is supposed to mean.

You’ve described the already-existing forum to a T.

Best way of getting a safe space, is by NOT asking for a safe space

Thanks for stopping by. There have been numerous reports but I’m happy that it’s been restored each time. I’m also happy to see that it’s still here and encouraging mostly positive discussion that has mostly stayed on topic.

Except the enforcing the rules by the book. I’ve seen so many posts flagged that had no reason to be while I’ve seen insults remain.

2 Likes

:slightly_smiling_face:

You seriously didn’t think asking for an Uber ultra safe space wouldn’t attract trolls…

Do you also wave around a wad of 100$ in high crime areas asking people not to mug you?

1 Like

Do you understand where the concept of safe space comes from Zel? I’m genuinely curious where or how you envision a safe space is contrived and supposed to work.