Safe Space forum section

No. This just leads to censorship and control of speech. The internet is free for everyone to be questioned and criticized, whether you like it or not.

Can confirm. Even in the gaming lobbies in Meta, people can be gross and creepy. They’ve gotten better at shoring it up in the past 2-3 years. I don’t remember what social/exploration app I was using, but I remember walking down a boardwalk to a campfire and a couple folks of a certain persuasion started following/heckling my avatar. I had my headset muted and noped out immediately when I saw where it was going.

This is literally already the WoW forum.

This is the WoW forum, where you are either going to catch in and follow the rules or catch out with a 1,000 year suspension. You agreed to follow or Blizzard forum code of conduct when you posted here, there is no free speech on this forum.

The only difference in my idea is that this forum sub section would be moderated more than General Discussion, it’s he same rules you already agreed to here in this section.

Pay for a forum safe space it’s a great money making idea. Someone has to pay the mods to do the job, $20 dollars a month fee sounds about right.

What do you mean decided? Always was

I dunno, it was still believable to me that she actually believed what she said and the abrasiveness and rudeness was just due to a lack of knowing how to interact with human beings.

This thread is just straight up obvious trolling though. Shocked it’s still here tbh.

1 Like

Blizzard has guidelines and rules for their forums, yes. I agree and disagree to a point. But it sounds like you want MORE restricted speech, and interaction with the community.

I am saying no. Others are going to say yes. Just the nature of it.

There are consequences to everyone’s actions. You take a negative action, you get a negative consequence, its a universal thing. So them getting the boot because they broke Wow’s TOS, then yes, they get the boot.

I mean this game is chock full of the socially … I can’t use that word but… underdeveloped. They never struck me as that.

If being forced to follow the rules that are already in place is restricting your speech, then yeah, I guess.

:thinking:

what a weird thing to say.

Fair enough

Nothing good comes from choke holding conversations. Even on a games forum. Blizzard already has these set in place to try and make the space safe without censoring the player base, its a fine line to walk.

What you seem to be asking, is COMPLETE control over what people say, as long as it stands in line with what YOU and others like you, want. THAT is not okay.

Oh this thread is still around.

waves

4 Likes

Blizzard already has complete control over what you say, my idea would be a sub section where the rules are heavily enforced. You have no control over what is allowed to be kept on this forum and what isn’t. Blizzard can and will remove anything they want to. They have complete control over everything here, you have no control.

I dig this

Not true at all, People can flag posts that can be looked at. Even the flagged posts, you can still look at at see what people are talking about, UNTIL it gets deleted.

So…using your logic…the Forums? (unchanged)

untrue, i can make many posts about this game, as ranty, unhinged and toxic as i can. Unless the people on the forums flag my post, very very little action will be taken. i mean, look at the forums now lol.

But that is also a part of the forums. People are allowed to disagree or agree with me.

my point continues to stand…WHY would you want this? for being safe? sheltered? ignorant to the world (forums) around you? for what purpose?

For some context, OP is in some kind of spat with a Discord group and made this thread to antagonize them and troll for attention. There’s not much point in trying to have a real discussion with them, because that’s not what they’re here for.

2 Likes

If this happens I want the opposite available as well. Anything Goes forum section…I would LOVE that. :joy:

1 Like

You rang?

I think what Kiper is saying, maybe I’m wrong, is that a place where the rules are enforced by the book, not based on if the mod is having a bad day. People can’t try and silence you by false flagging.

Can I ask what made you draw that conclusion?

1 Like

You can.

I’m genuinely curious. Unless I missed something about Discord.