Safe Space forum section

That’s what people do when they are wrong.

1 Like

Except he isn’t, at least not in this case. There’s no need to be so argumentative.

1 Like

Ahm, :thinking: well, :pleading_face: you see the result after awhile tells all :pleading_face: :dracthyr_nervous_animated:

1 Like

If they pull you over for speeding, you don’t say, well, everyone else was doing it.

What you do say is, “I was just keeping up with the flow of traffic until I could view a posted limit.

You have to add in that last part, about viewing a posted limit. It emphasizes you are not at fault if a viewable post has not come up in a reasonable time frame before you were stopped. This argument won’t work if the cop has been tailing you for awhile - but can apply to speed traps if you’re not traveling like a rocket outta Hellfire. In the US, speed limit signs are on highways posted about every 8th to quarter mile depending on the speed of the road. Some of the older roads may be as far as 3-5 miles between posted speeds.

As a driver, if you’ve recently merged onto a freeway from slower speeds, its reasonable & defensible that to safely get into the flow, you must travel at current drivers speed until you can find a posted limit & adjust your speed accordingly.

However… GPS devices are now improving at showing a posted limit on your navigation maps. So, this excuse is also getting harder to weild effectively.

I generally never go more than like 3 over in my country but when I visited California with my wife and did some highway driving whooo boy.

You guys like going 80-100mph in what, a 70?

2 Likes

My sister in law goes 100 in a 75 daily. Police in her city are very lax.

The scary thing was, while everyone was speeding, some family got bulldozed by a huge truck and it very well could have been a fatal accident.

That made everyone travel 70 for a short while before ramping it straight up again.

1 Like

Usually, legally you have 9mph over the limit as wiggle room unless it’s a school or construction zone. But yes, 55 usually means 75. Add 20-25 mph to posted limit & that’s how we drive. I toned my speed way down after multiple close calls on highways when nearly making deer burger. Then getting t-boned on I-80 in Wyoming by a semi… makes you feel less invincible.

I do my mandatory 7-9mph over the limit so people aren’t tail gating me like crazy. Other than that, I’m far right lane cruising these days. Let all these other Mavericks do the zoom zooms.

That’s not normal? Not even joking. Id say 75 to 85 is very common in a 70.

In Cali, particularly around LA it’s the wild wild west.

1 Like

yes but balance in all things, make a wild zone where the wild things live. saying anything they want

This topic.

Lol
Lmao even

2 Likes

The left lane is just an express lane with a surprise and random membership fee in the shape of a ticket.

1 Like

The signs saying your speed will be checked by aircraft that I saw on the way between San francisco and LA were a fun touch.

2 Likes

Once you start getting into the mountains you’ll see some that say it’s tracked by radar. Driving here is like a game.

1 Like

I feel like posts and comments gets flagged for no reason to begin with and banned

Zoooooooooom… Whoooooooosh!

2 Likes

Yes, because despite what we may say, we enjoy conflict.

There already is for the most part, that place is General Discussion.

When suspensions happen we often see a lot of complaints on the forum. I believe that if people were commonly suspended for false flagging and spam flagging then we’d see more complaints about it and how said offenders aren’t going to “help clean up and police the forum” anymore since they get in trouble for it. But I don’t want to veer off topic with this post either.

Some of us also enjoy actual discussion.

Meta has safe spaces built in, so you can pretty much pull yourself out of any kind of unsavory situation. I used to think it was kind of silly. Then I saw someone actually need it and now think it makes sense to have.

1 Like