Rumor keystones reset every week

Anyone else heard the rumor, that you have to build up your own keystone from a normal mythic up to your desired key level every week? Anyone has sources?
Would be great for the pug community, the distribution of keys and key levels over the general population would reflect the abilities of people to run keys and key levels more closely.
Last thing I heard blizz doesn’t want to change much about the current M+ system.

rumors are generally good to be taken with a grain of salt if the source cannot provide a credible evidence/standpoint

I heard a rumor

~Allison Hargreeves

11 Likes

Currently, the weekly chest has a key that is one less then the highest you completed the week before.

However, a rumor like this might be for shadowlands, so I’d keep an eye out.

If only I had these powers :innocent:

1 Like

Right? My goodness…

Blizzard I heard a rumor…

That doesn’t really make any sense… would be like making you clear LFR, normal, and heroic before you can start mythic for the week

3 Likes

Sounds like an awful idea, especially with how the weekly chest works for M+.

Which on second thought, makes it WAYYYY more plausible.

6 Likes

If any such thing had actually been said or even hinted at by blizzard, the forums would be on fire.

3 Likes

Right, you would “waste” an hour racing through dungeons to jump through the “brackets” (0 +4 +7 +10), maybe a downgrade to a previous bracket, similar to torghast floors, makes more sense. Doing a key between 4 and 6 gives you a 4, between 7 and 9 gives you a 7, anything from 10 and above gives you a 10.

No official statement, no stress from me.

Also, no stress from me because I probably won’t be doing M+ ever again, lol.

Do you honestly not understand how bad an idea that is.

1 Like

A change like this would completely destroy the experience of pushing high keys, I don’t think high end players would appreciate needing to run 7-19 dungeons (depending on how well each run is timed) every single week just to get +20 keys.

Truth is I don’t think much about the high key pushers.

1 Like

They will never do this because IT’S STUPID, and Ion is … Oh. Wait. Now I’m worried.

Well that’s not entirely true. I think the game should not be designed around high key pushers.

There’s a difference between designing around, and taking into account.

1 Like

Not sure high key pushers need special attention. There is already a system scaling the difficulty indefinitely.
And it helps the general population more if key start at a reasonable level on reset day.

One below what you’d already accomplished is unreasonable…what?