RSV In Shadowlands

Nope, not the ones in MM. We’re not just after abilities with the same names as they used to hold, we want those as well, but also with the functionality and gameplay they amounted to when they were a part of RSV.

This is why you’re plain wrong when you say RSV is just MM. You cannot achieve the playstyle that was RSV by playing current MM.

Some examples:

• Explosive Shot in MM is a "use on CD(30s), fire and forget AoE ability, it’s primary mechanical design that is.
  • Serpent Sting is similar, but has none of the additional effects, interactions or benefits it had while being part of RSV.
  • Lock&Load is designed to work with random auto attack-procs and is tied to Aimed Shot. Ergo, not providing the gameplay it used to.
  • Apart from the above, where’s the rest of RSV? And, where’s the additional options to further build on the intended fantasy and gameplay that was RSV? After all, the current game is built on the philosophy that we should be able to go even further towards the identity of a certain playstyle and fantasy.

So, are you saying that I’m not trying to do something about it?

Correct me if I’m wrong here but haven’t I spent hours and hours on options for how to get RSV back for those of us that want it to return? Making sure that it doesn’t have the same foundation(core design) as the other hunter specs do.

Your answer to this have always been that I should stop and just go play MM instead. I guess you’ve changed your mind now then…

If that’s the case, awesome!

3 Likes

Why spend hours and hours on a deleted spec from several years ago lol

2 Likes

You sound like someone who doesn’t have a passion for any particular playstyle or spec/class fantasy in this game.

You might not consider something like this to be worth it, but others do…

4 Likes

I have no issues with it, but literally…and I do mean literally any thread that even has the letters SV in it dissolves into this. Now in this case, I would say it justified. In the is SV fun thread, not so much.

Its hard to support a ideal when people want to bash you in the head every time a thread that has nothing to do with the topic comes up. Especially when the topic is 6 years old.

1 Like

That was my question though.

Why is passionately arguing with people on the internet over a talent tree that was changed in a video game several years ago worth it to you

1 Like

Topics tend to, very often, end up like this yes. Not always though. The last time someone made this argument to which I replied, I compiled a list of topics that were about SV that were either replied to or were newly created, in the last 20 days. In those last 20 days, there were 20 different topics in this forum alone that contained discussions about SV without any mention of RSV or complaints regarding the melee aspects whatsoever.

In short, “literally” very much depend on what period you look at.

But I agree, SV topics(no matter how they start out) often end up having a certain level of discussion regarding MSV vs RSV in them. Heck, we can take Ogdenir’s topic which he created back in 2019, that he recently revived, it was purely meant to be about the fun surrounding old RSV, and about bringing that spec/playstyle back somehow.

He specifically mentioned how he didn’t want current SV to be removed, but would prefer if RSV came back as a 4th spec. Yet, the 2 very first replies to his post, were people that supported MSV and wanted to argue against bringing RSV back.

The point of this? It goes both ways. While a lot of topics that are about current SV do turn into a discussion about MSV vs RSV, compare that to any topic that is started which brings up the subject of RSV, about the support of bringing it back. 100% of all such topics almost immediately get MSV-fans coming in to argue against any such thing. Even in cases such as with the one I linked above, where there’s no intent or argument towards removing current SV from the class.

Before anyone makes the argument that the linked example above “is an old topic and isn’t relevant anymore”, first off, it is relevant, but also, here’s another example of a more recent topic made by Friisto. Sure, it has a bit of a twist to it with him making comparisons to another game. But it is without a doubt a topic on the subject of RSV. A topic where Friisto also replies with how he has no desire to remove current SV, but in fact actually likes it.

Yet, what does the immediate discussion turn into? MSV players discussion MSV. While some say that RSV should not return.

As you can see above, us RSV-fans can say the exact same thing.

What would be the best solution? What would stop all these supposedly endless arguments from taking place?

Give the hunter class a 4th spec that allows us RSV-fans to also play what we once had.

8 Likes

Simply put, because I want to enjoy playing this game as much as I did when I was able to do so as RSV.

Some people love to do pet battles day in and day out. Some do one M+ after the other for hours and hours. Others want to complete every single achievement this game has to offer.

Then there are those that don’t really care much for anything in this game beyond having something to do after coming home from work, during breaks between studies, etc.

In short, people are different, and people care about different things. To what degree? It varies. It’s just how people are.

9 Likes

Thanks for the genuine answer. While I’ve already said I dont see it coming back I am only one person with one opinion.

Your time is yours so if this is your battle, go for it and good luck.

opens up classic WoW Whoa so different!

Whining on the forums isnt doing something about it. Blizzard doesnt care. If anything its embarrassing and I might pray for you.

Its literally deleted and improved. Its never coming back how you want it. MM is the closest you gonna get homie.

Just imagine if you kept your mouth shut on the topic. We mostly wouldnt of been here still.

I don’t think anyone’s getting a laugh out of your posts, just as they aren’t getting clear answers to any questions but rather a whole lot of deflection and evasion.

Firstly, give a yes or no.

Secondly, yes, it obviously matters. Specs are each meant to be a compelling derivative of the base class. They aren’t meant to be thematically or mechanically handicapped. Hunters have ranged weapons by default.

Yeah, right, actually. Game development is a notoriously brutal field. Especially in the US. The pay v.s. the burden is generally a lot worse than that of other industry-standard software engineering roles.

Did they not spend a bunch of effort reworking a popular spec into an unpopular one?

It received a lot of praise and attention at the time, actually.

Were you under the impression that I thought Survival wasn’t viable? Because I never said that. I am actually aware of its performance capabilities, you know. As I said twice already, the fact that it’s so performant yet so avoided highlights the fact that it’s a bad design.

So was it distinct from MM or not? Remember the table I linked? Post that here with your own values.

Expansion SV-MM Similarity
Classic 9
BC 8
WotLK 6
Cata 4
MoP 4
WoD 3

Do you or do you not think current MM is the same as MoP SV? You’re being evasive again.

If you can’t answer direct questions here why would I bother opening other avenues of discussion with you? You clearly aren’t interested in a level-headed discussion so there’s no point.

Because it would be much better for the game if we had that deleted spec than what we have currently.

3 Likes

As of today, I have had 6 people find me in game to tell me to keep going with you as they find it funny.

Kinda like your discord. Be a man.

Cool, druids get staffs and My has a dagger so Guess we dont have much of an argument yet again do we?

It was never a popular spec. Its been the meme of hunters choice since launch.

So is it viable or is it handicapped because it doesnt use your weapon of choice? You flip flop alot man.

Do you or do you not understand what a joke is bro?

Says the guy who stalks me on other websites.

You sound like asmongold here. Its better for the game if you get what you want not what already works. ib4 you spew some dumb post to this, you already said it was viable. But go ahead, work around it now for a counter argument.

I’ll add this to the list of things that definitely happened for real.

In any case, check yourself:

You need to learn how to handle rejection, apparently. You’re not even worth talking to here which means I’ve wasted more than eough time.

This is the result of the last time a melee SV fanatic messaged me on discord. You tell me if it looks like a productive discussion:

Have the discussion in public or not at all.

How do any of the Druid or Rogue specs not meaningfully derive from their base classes?

Does one of the Rogue specs have Stealth taken away to make it more unique?

It’s already been conclusively proven to you that it was a popular spec.

Thematically it is entirely handicapped. It’s outright sold as a Hunter that doesn’t have the ranged capability that all other Hunters have.

Mechanically it’s still handicapped. It’s possible to overcome that with tuning and utility, but melee is inherently a disadvantage v.s. ranged. This is why it’s also difficult to make Feral a popular spec. The difference is Druids have a much better framework for supporting melee and ranged specs, Feral was established from the start of the game, and Feral is only up against 1 other ranged spec.

You’re evading, again.

Other publically viewable websites. What ever would be the point of a discord discussion?

Survival is consistently an unpopular and avoided spec with a built-in handicap. All of the issues inherent with making it melee are still problematic today. It does nothing for the Hunter class. The ranged SV of MoP was far more valuable. Plus, melee specs are now oversaturated and we are lacking representation of ranged weapon archetypes.

2 Likes

You wont be going anywhere I am well aware of that. You are the one not handling rejection well as My spec got what I wanted. you wasted years with rejection bro. Also who cares what some random said to you? Funny you quote a forum post on a youtube comment. Theres that ego again man.

So which site are you referring too?

Sv now is just an improvement on the classic version. You lost a bow its fine You get to use a polearm again finally.

All you shown was it being a flavor spec.

So why can I do as much or in some cases more damage than the other two? Why would it want to have ranged? It has it sure but its not supposed to be a ranged spec anymore hence the change. Get over it.

Discord

You said it yourself, keep it on the forums. The point of the discord thing is to show you dont have courage to talk to someone about a disagreement unless you hide behind a keyboard. I mean, I always knew you wouldnt do it as most crybabies rather not be confrontational.

Opinion.

I dont like it so it does nothing for me argument again. And dude who cares. Mop was so long ago. Again this is pathetic.

Ironically what the spec got was rejection by the broader playerbase.

Have it on a public forum. Preferably this one, and preferably one thread. Or none if that works with you.

The classic version had a bow. The current one does not. Looks like a downgrade to me.

If this were true, how can you declare with confidence that it was unpopular? What you’ve just said is that you know that the stats show lots of people played it but you think all the people playing it were doing so begrudgingly. That doesn’t line up with the feedback the spec was getting at the time, to say the least.

Because they try to tune it to compensate. It’s still at a major disadvantage for being melee and that’s why very few Survival Hunters get into competitive content especially PvE: including yourself.

Ask yourself what benefits the spec gets from being melee v.s. the downsides.

“You’re evading if you don’t agree to take this to a private chat”

Have the discussion in public or not at all.

Bruh; it would still be through a computer, genius. Besides; do you think I’ve never had a heated verbal argument with someone?

Actual Survival Hunters say this lmao

The numbers speak for themselves. Survival as a melee spec sees very little play while as a ranged spec it saw a lot of play. Hunters could use having a real 3rd spec again.

4 Likes

Need I say more? There’s a 100% chance when you post something positive about RSV that someone like this will respond. Granted this guy is more persistent than most.

1 Like

Not so.

Actually, the entire RSV play style was lost.

8 Likes

RSV was great and needs to be a spec again.

7 Likes

If you didn’t play hunter past TBC then just say that.

1 Like

Thats fine, Blizzard themselves rejected you.

You the one going to other sites and opening discussion on multiple threads

Also had a melee weapon but I guess we pick and choose what we want to remember

because nobody picked it because they liked it. They picked it because it was a top pick for raiding.

“Im afraid” Im aware you are

Yeah no sh!t but This way you wouldnt hide behind a keyboard. Man up and make a call homes.

We do, just not what you want scooter

You do the literal same thing.

Just popping in to say bring back RSV.

8 Likes