RSV In Shadowlands

Incase you didnt know, This is a hidden feature ingame for those who miss the glory days of the most popular spec Blizzard ever made!

2 Likes

I know a certain two Hunters who will have to disagree with you. YOU ARE NOT PREPAIRED for their long discussion why you are wrong.

7 Likes

Oh I’m ready for them to try to tell me I’m wrong. I mean Il admit, I’m missing Black arrow. but other than that I’ll be waiting.

1 Like

Black Arrow would help to add more of the original play-style back.

2 Likes

I remember people complaining about having to switch to SV from MM back in Wrath when it was simming higher lol.

Good times.

1 Like

Shhhh… else you’ll summon them and they’ll spend paragraph after paragraph trying to prove that RSV was the most popular hunter spec since Everquest launched…

7 Likes

This is more-or-less made up on the spot.

The order of “best spec” in WotLK over the course of the expansion was roughly BM until 3.0.8, then SV until 3.3, then MM until 4.0. There wasn’t a time when MM was the best then SV became the best. It was the other way around.

In any case both SV and MM were viable throughout the entire expansion and no one was “forced” to switch to either one. SV was still very popular in ICC even when MM simmed better and this is still the case on private servers today.

3 Likes

He almost did exactly that too

3 Likes

So when SV became the best, it was out-simming MM, you know, since it was the best. So MM people were switching to SV.

People played MM in 3.0 you know.

People played MM in 3.1 and 3.2, too. You did not have to switch. In any case SV was a very popular spec in early WotLK and not just for its damage. There was a lot of excitement for the new WotLK gameplay with Explosive Shot.

Most of the angst was from BM being nerfed to the ground in 3.0.8.

2 Likes

I do not remember this part.

Oh well. It’s gone now anyway as Survival is now a melee spec. Forever and always.

1 Like

You don’t remember because you’re making this up as you’re going along.

Survival might stay melee forever but that means it will remain the most avoided and reviled spec forever.

3 Likes

You shouldn’t hate on a spec you havent put any talent points in

5 Likes

I did not come to this class to play melee. No iteration of a melee Hunter will be something I play and enjoy.

This is true for many Hunters which is why 95% of the class avoids Survival and has avoided it since Legion.

4 Likes

jfc nobody is making you. You literally whine about nothing then. God its tiresome reading this stuff daily from you.

5 Likes

I mean I went to a class and spec that was ranged, played it for years, and then it was suddenly made melee so I was forced to switch to continue playing ranged. This isn’t a “live and let live” situation.

6 Likes

Its not really a situation at all tbh.

Play one of the 3 specs offered to you or play another class/game

3 Likes

I did pick one of the 3 specs offered to me then it was taken away.

That’s why it’s been a big controversy since 2015.

Don’t replace popular specs with unpopular specs.

6 Likes

I will never forget all the drama around The Great BM Nerf of 3.0.8 ™ — and yes, it was actually called that.

The tears certainly flowed. :rofl:

3 Likes

It was classic BM overnerfing.

All they needed to do was move Readiness further down the MM tree so BM Hunters couldn’t get both Bestial Wrath and Readiness.

They did that while also nerfing almost every DPS talent of the tree, making the spec worthless overnight. They also left it in that state until Cataclysm.