RPG vs Gameplay....Why not both? (Covenant Swapping)

So you think too many people are playing the game, and they should be given a massive disincentive to keep playing?

I don’t care what breaks your back, i also don’t care about min maxing that’s your obsession.

1 Like

Sorry - I wasn’t saying that we’re right and you’re wrong.

I was just communicating a different perspective than yours and sharing how and why some of us find value in the system.

Some people want agency, some want choices, some want RP, some want meaning. Some of us just enjoy others having to play how we want, especially when it’s punitive, and especially when those players continue to pay for that kind of abuse.

We’re not right or wrong - neither is anyone else. But that’s where our value in the system comes from - and that’s why making covenant abilities swappable would negatively impact us.

So to boil your argument down would be to say you only enjoy the game when others suffer because you can’t stand others having fun.

2 Likes

I actually see the 2 sides differently.

I outlined it here:

That’s partly why i think blizzard should do what they want and let the people who fall off fall off,if they want people to break out of the min max mindset it’s going to take some heavy handedness.

No. I’m actually concerned that so many “players” want the game to give people good reasons to say “enough!” and leave.

If you’re one of those players who gets off on other people being punished for inadvertently making mistakes in their expansion-long game choices, why should they even continue to play after being hit with a penalty that will set them back for months? Many will leave.

2 Likes

Oh yes, nothing i like better than to see other people suffer in a videogame it gives me life i’d even go so far as to say it turns me on.

Oooo yes all the time, i even watch youtub vuds of people getting punished.

Who will you be seeing suffer after all the normal people have left and it’s just your ragtag band of rpg-ers who don’t actually care about playing content?

Youtube and you on here crying those salty ssssalty tears.

I want game play and rpg .

I think the choice of covenants a person should pick should matter for the rp aspect . My problem is with the class abilities from them and to be honest I think they should be put on a talent bar and let the soul binds be tied to the covenants with varying affects for which ever talent is activated .

You’ll be watching youtube because all the actual players have left the game?

Yes and? what is your point? stop trying to turn me on cow.

I am not a cow. I am a bull. If you can’t tell the difference between males and females you need to get out more.

Well said sir!

That’s unfortunately not really something that’s going to be solved on the forums, because nothing I say will make anybody who doesn’t have faith in Blizzard’s ability to balance suddenly change their minds.

Admittedly I’d much rather the character building actually be at the character level but if the underlying reason for this is because people have zero faith in Blizzard, I’m pretty sure we’re going to run into the same problem if I start talking about making talents into more meaningful choice too.

To me this is an argument Covenants should be re-balanced, not that they should be made meaningless.

Unless they wanted to make stuff like talents more meaningful, but then we’d be having this same discussion about those I imagine.

I think something that would appease both sides is let the Arbiter be the person that gives the powers. That way people can change the powers and covenants will still be locked.

^ This. It’s when they both begin to clash with each other then it becomes an issue.

1 Like

Considering you’re the one who’s crying about your entitlement , that’s hilarious.

The fact that we’re seeing what appears to be an organized group of sadists telling us that they will be happy if most people quit the game is telling.