RPG vs Gameplay....Why not both? (Covenant Swapping)

Looks back at all the years of Blizzards balancing

Yeah I’m not sure that’s gonna happen…

Thing is that choice being meaningful to higher end players only serves to be an upset because they want to perform well. So in that environment, the RPG element clashes with gameplay.

1 Like

it’s not clashing, it’s a subset of people who take gaming Very seriously or at least follow like lemmings the people whom take the game Very seriously (and get paid most of the time for it) it’s an obsession that’s gotten out of control, blizzard being at fault for it just as much as the playerbase

I’m not crying i shared my opinion, then you started with the ‘‘lul you’re a sadist’’ memes but you seem very sensitive, perhaps you should look over a spreadsheet and graph to get a better understanding on it,crunch some numbers.

You think they care about wanting to get people out of the min/max mindset ?

The guy running the show was running the biggest pre-Cata theory crafting web site for wow. He got his job at Blizz based on min/making and to this day is a mythic raider.

If you honestly think he doesn’t care about it then I have a bridge in Arizona to sell you and it is no longer falling down .

1 Like

I disagree. If you’re referring to the WF raiders then of course they take it seriously. And it’s supported by Blizzard who has been doing competitions for it outside of the WF Race. Are you suggesting that they do away with the whole scene? If yes then what you’d see for the game is a very dark turn for the worse.

LEL good meme very chad all the simps get it.

I don’t know i’m a sadist my opinion is already tainted by the memes presented.

What meme ?

The person in charge of the wow team is a mythic raider who got his job based on his guilds websites theory crafting and raid experience . That’s not a meme that is a known fact.

1 Like

That’s fine. My opinion is one that seeks to have all parties in mind. I believe that’s how we grow the game is to be more inclusive of everyones desires instead of being self destructive and ignoring each others feedback because it’s not on our doorstep.

1 Like

and this is just two viewpoints that are inherently going to clash.

I want meaningful choice that can’t be switched on a whim which runs counter to high end players being able to immediately switch to whatever is optimal for what they’re currently doing.

Naturally I’m going to argue in favour of what I think is more enjoyable though, which is the choice that can’t be easily switched.

People can try to tell me that I’m “punishing” other players, but they don’t seem overly concerned that my gameplay is being hurt by what they want.

and unfortunately trying to make everybody happy often results in nobody being happy. This is a case of Blizzard needing to take a hard look at WoW and deciding what kind of direction they want it to go in to figure out how to handle it when these two viewpoints end up clashing.

Odds are they won’t succeeded Blizzard may want to break the min max mindset and get people back to just i don’t know ‘‘enjoying the game for the games sake’’ but I know it wont happen.

But also, you cannot please everybody it is impossible to take ‘‘all parties in mind’’ it can’t work in trying to please everybody the game just becomes a dead soulless husk of ever increasing numbers, think phone app games, they are by design meant for ‘‘all people’’

I like the covenant system as it is. And anyone who would deny entry into groups based on a covenant aren’t folks you want to play with anyway.

The whole argument would have a point if, say, Covenant A worked in M+ but Covenant B immediately malfunctioned totally in raids. But no, all the covenant abilities will work in all forms of content, even if one might do a few percentage more DPS or whatever than the other on a given fight.

I like my meaningful RPG-style choices in the game.

1 Like

Your way forces others to play your way and the other forces you to play your way . You can stick with what ever option you want and not change . Someone else having the ability to change does not affect that .

The only person affected by meaningful choices is the person making the choice because all meaningful choices in game or in rl are subjective.

YOu know what we call it in the real world when people think others should have to think and do like they do and not have choices ? I’ll give you a hint it starts with an F and ends with cism

LMFAO ah the wow forums, Americans do love their Fascist dictator don’t they.

Sorry we have an elected leader.

And right now every other world leader is doing the same thing he is so they all must be fascist dictators.

To be honest that statement is more indicative to the opposing side.

1 Like

I think everyone should start off with a full set of mythic raiding gear and if you don’t agree with how I want to play you are a fascist.

It’s almost like going that route is a terrible idea.

No I don’t think that .

I don’t think we should have to pick rpg or game play . We should be able to enjoy both .
I don’t want my game play to suffer because of my rp choice nor do I want your rp choices to suffer because of my choices.

Like I have said take the class abilities out of the covenant make them talents and let the covenants be the rp aspects and they can make the soul binds from the covenant work with all the abilities .

Yes you do lol, come on now you think video games are fascist.

You don’t have to. Any covenant you choose will be fully functional in all aspects of the game. Pick whatever you like RP-wise and have fun. I will.

I think this is a misconception, a lot of players that aren’t “top end” want the ability to optimize. I think this gets lost in the discussion because it’s being framed as RPers vs. Mythic raiders. But honestly I think this will actually hurt the midrange a lot more than either end.

1 Like