#RP-PVP Realms, Reconsider One Realm

Either I was officiating this wedding, or this has happened more than once.

As I recall I ignored it and kept going.

After all, there were people trying to make a happy memory. Can’t impede that.

For good RP that I’ve been part of, I have to say I really used to enjoy performing weddings. I got asked that a lot on my shaman and then again after we moved to swtor my ship captain also got asked to officiate a few. Maybe it’s fictional but it still was always a surprise and an honor to be asked.

This is one more thing that I prefer in RP-PVP. Because these kind of events always draw griefers and trolls and on an RP-PVP server, you deal with that by making sure you have guards of both factions on hand to camp them into oblivion. On a pve server you just have to sit through it with no recourse.

4 Likes

This thread has been around for over three months and still no response. I am frustrated.

6 Likes

It almost seems like the players of this game want an RP-PvP server. Whodathunk?

6 Likes

At least they didn’t delete it like the original unarmored mounts thread.

Hey Blizz, there are plenty of players here to populate an RP-PvP server. What’s holding this up?

6 Likes

I am concerned.

4 Likes

Well, Blizzard just yielded to the EU and will be providing French and German language servers as well now. I’m sure we’ll see an RP-PVP server pop up in NA by the 13th (12th).

9 Likes

Let’s go Blizzard, let’s go! RP with the PvP.

More babies for you and please stay away from the milk over the holiday…

3 Likes

That is wonderful news! I am very happy for them :smiley:

4 Likes

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/french-and-german-realms-for-wow-classic/60051

Adding this for folks to see, to give everyone hope for our home, too. :tada:

7 Likes

OCE are also getting there own realms as well.

Only RP-PVP is missing now.

10 Likes

Heh, I was looking for this thread to raise the same point. RP-PVP needs its niche server now.

9 Likes

Yep, we gotta keep the good fight up

6 Likes

Not quite true man! While we haven’t gotten a response to this thread in particular, at least we did get an update about RP-PvP servers in May. We went from Ion in March saying “We don’t think there’s a reason to have an RP-PvP server” to a Classic Dev saying in an interview in May “We’re still considering whether or not there should be an RP-PvP server.”

So while it’s okay to be a little frustrated and a little worried, at least there’s not NO hope. Right now anyways, the last we’ve heard from Blizzard on this topic isn’t at all negative, but that instead, they’re still thinking about it.

Making this thread and the continued support we give to it and our community all the more important.

6 Likes

Adding to this, Oceanic questions have been around since the 2017 announcement.

5 Likes

In fairness we all assumed there would be rppvp servers up till the point Ion and Lore had their little blurb during an interview.

How long did we ask for early AV?
(nearly a decade and a half)

3 Likes

True enough. Oceanic was just more … insecure :slight_smile:

3 Likes

We’re not out of the woods yet but things are looking bright for RP-PVP. This thread serves as a monument to our efforts. Excited for the future!

3 Likes

RP-PVP should happen.

:cocktail:

8 Likes

I have a feeling our efforts will be rewarded soon, with all the feedback from Blizzard lately regarding servers.

5 Likes

Come on Randy, one more post with RP-PVP good news!!!

6 Likes