#RP-PVP Realms, Reconsider One Realm

We don’t want to commit to a server, then have them FINALLY release an RP-PvP realm later on. Big slap in the face to all the people working hard and LOUDLY for RP-PvP!

9 Likes

Man not having 1 RP-PVP server is just kind of dumb…especially if they make one later asking everyone to uproot themself to come to a server that should of existed in the first place.

9 Likes

Its a conspiracy to get the RP-PVP crowd to pay for server transfers later when they open the RP-PVP server! :rofl:

3 Likes

We need to drive home that if RP-PvP realms are not at launch, but offered later…

1. Players that have already established themselves elsewhere, have to either abandon and re-roll or transfer.
  2. Ask their friends and guildmates to do the same.
  3. Why / How is RP-Pv E getting a server, and we’re not? That’s just wrong.

Classic as a game, centers on community. If server health is really a valid concern, siphoning off the player base, just doesn’t make any sense.

6 Likes

No RPPVP server at launch will ruin classic for me.

10 Likes

Really hoping for a blue-post. We have been taking to other platforms to spread the word. If the RP-PvP petition wasn’t reason enough to address it.

7 Likes

What other platforms did you use? I’m curious since i’ve only seen the pention myself i may be able to edit it into the OP

2 Likes

A blue post would be really great to see.

5 Likes

RP-PVP, the way WoW was meant to be played!

7 Likes

Of this, I’ll do neither. After investing a couple months in a character I’ll not abandon and re-roll (time is money friend). Transferring comes with a cost. I’ll not be paying for their mistakes.
With this in mind, how are they going to tell that I was originally interested in the server type. Very disappointing.

7 Likes

Precisely. For everyone saying they’d be willing to re-roll, there could be just as much who wouldn’t be.

If they don’t release an RP-PVP server at launch then some will go to RP, others to PVP. Some will re-roll on a late release server, others won’t. The community will be fractured several times over. The decision not to have an RP-PVP realm at launch will have a ripple effect in ways I can’t predict.

Blizzard can prevent this by releasing at least 1 RP-PVP server at launch. Please!

6 Likes

Well said, its a shame too I’ve yet to see blizzard even try to gauge interest for this realm Not saying I’d expect them too. But at least if we get one realm, and it had to many players you can open another one with free transfers.

Or if it fails just turn it into a normal PvP server, if you’re not gonna realease it at start the demand will die, then you may never open one And that will hurt the authenticity of the project.

2 Likes

I was really hoping to play on an RP-PvP server at launch.

5 Likes

There are a vast number of people who will want to play on RP-PvP servers. Many of these people won’t be represented in a survey or a forum post. I know I would be dissuaded from playing for long without the option.

5 Likes

It’ll be interesting to see if the community can come together to make one of the PvP servers the defacto/unofficial RP-PvP realm. It seems odd for Blizzard not to give us the option from the start though. Either way I just hope we get some more specific information on the timeline for its release.

1 Like

My guess is that this is what will happen eventually if Blizzard doesn’t budge, declaring one of the PvP servers the unofficial RP-PvP server.

Though it’ll still fragment the community, as once there isn’t a server some of us will go to RP instead of PvP.

Plus anybody who isn’t made aware of it will just choose whatever in the realm list.

7 Likes

Everything going right lately…

except our servers. :’(

Pls Blizz, why you gotta be like this?

4 Likes

Waiting patiently on a blue post about the state of RP-PvP for Classic!

6 Likes

Imagine.

Summer 2019 comes. They release an RP-PVP server at launch. There is much rejoicing. Everyone here rolls on the server - Horde or Alliance. Friendships are made, rivalries sparked, bonds formed. Stories play out across Azeroth as role-players work their craft, providing enrichment for themselves and passerby’s. Battles break out in contested territories as the two factions vie for control over valuable resources. World of Warcraft is reborn.

Or - Blizzard doesn’t release an RP-PVP server and I :sob:

4 Likes

I honestly think that he hates PvP. Since he became a lead developer IDK what his crusade has been but it;s just ONE. HIT. AFTER. ANOTHER… After the last…4? years since he became the lead for the end of WOD and for legion and now BFA. The game has lost more retail players every year

2 Likes