#RP-PVP Realms, Reconsider One Realm

Worst-case scenario of offering rp-pvp realm(s) at launch…you end up eventually having to merge us with other low-pop PvP realm(s). At least we’re all together! There’s no leaving after-the-fact. No fracturing. We bring our community to them. And that’s worst-case. Nothing but up sides to having a place for us at launch. :smiley:

12 Likes

Maybe they’re just prepping us for the introduction of warmode in Classic

1 Like

I have no real interest in explicit RP, but I can’t understand why they would not throw you guys a bone on this one… the interest is clear.

7 Likes

:scream: :sob:

1 Like

Let’s take the absurd position here that it is too niche, and the server can’t sustain itself.

I know it’s a <1% chance, anyone who is familiar with the surveys and the Classic community (we think we do and we do) will know that RPPvP is a big enough community for one server, maybe even more.

But let’s just take Ion’s side for argument’s sake. Let’s say there isn’t enough pop for RPPvP.

Then why not still give it a chance? Just release 1 RPPvP server in NA region. If, after a month or two, it is too low population, simply roll that population into a low pop PvP server.

SO EASY. Extremely easy. Please, give us a CHANCE to show the demand.

Ion is saying “if there is demand shown after release we will open an RPPvP server” this is a DISINGENUINE argument and just sounds like a cop-out.

Giving us a chance to show interest would be providing a server to actually roll on.

Look, I don’t blame Ion. The Classic team has been humble and shown that they are open to learn what the community wants. Ion is looking out for server health (and executive interests).

NO ONE, I mean NO ONE will blame Blizzard if they open an RPPvP server, there isn’t enough population, and they need to merge the server.

Blizzard will be congratulated for their effort.

But if they don’t release an RPPvP server at launch? And the RPPvP community is dead on arrival because of this neglect?

There will be a lot of heart broken fans. A lot of disappointment. Resentment.

Time is running out. I don’t want to get too personal, but I have a degenerative neurological disease and became disabled in ~2016.

I can’t walk like I used to, and I tire even from using my voice/breath. But when I started playing Vanilla again recently, I felt the same joy I did when I was younger, and I felt what it’s like again to meet new people, to travel, to jump and run and sing and /train.

I want to play Vanilla like it is meant to be played, the Classic experience made by Blizzard, the 1.12 definitive experience with Blizzard quality. BfA is a great game for some I’m sure, I tried it, but it’s not my home. It doesn’t give the same experience, different strokes for different folks.

I want to go back home. This means a lot to me, and I have a lot of friends and an ex-guild all of which I know as a fact will roll on RPPvP with me. So much so that absolutely all of us took it for granted that there would be an RPPvP server at launch.

Classic RPPvP means a lot to a lot of people, and means even more for me.
I just sincerely hope we are heard, I hope we are given a chance.

Please, let us come home.

6 Likes

I think launch will be like this. They will launch with a couple of PvP, Pve and 1 RP-PvE (Should be RP-PvP) servers. Once they see the demand for Classic, then they will come out with a RP-PvP server and more PvP and PvE ones.

So if they don’t launch with a RP-PvP server, it won’t be long till they come out with one. I would say a few days after launch maybe a week the longest.

Doesn’t ring a bell. I was Deiela - Blood elf priest.

This sounds horribly frustrating.

RP-PvP on launch or riot.

7 Likes

It’s been a while, and I have slept since then, but I think I remember you Shimazu.

1 Like

My opinion exactly.

4 Likes

I like to rp but I also like to pvp so I was going to roll on a rp-pvp if it was an option.

Give us the server Blizz you know you wanna.

2 Likes

This is supposed to be a massively multi-player online role playing game called World of Warcraft. The genre plus title leads you straight to a RP-PVP server.

My earliest experiences in game included walking around a guild meeting in Duskwood on Lightninghoof. (We got off the road and walked around). Public events and happenings help with the escapism of a fantasy game.

I played on Lightninghoof from ICC to the beginning of Throne of Thunder. I spent quality time defending Honor Hold (and attacking the horde town in revenge) for all of that. If you can still find the old forums, there are posts from multiple horde guilds thanking for responding to their attacks (even though we drove them off). We protected our own.

Protecting your own lowbies, protecting your own towns gives you a sense of ownership. This is your fantasy world. This ownership is worthwhile providing ongoing interaction with the world. This ownership is only a RP-PVP thing, worth fighting for, and deserves a server dedicated to it.

7 Likes

Interestingly enough i “Found” This as well

Just a free bump.

6 Likes

If Blizz is asked to reconsider this, then what stops someone from asking them to reconsider flying? To be clear, I don’t want flying but come on let’s be fair.

Oh my gosh, Whiskee you’re right, adding RP-PVP servers at the launch will EQUAL Flying Transmog achievements, pandaren and worse of all BLOOD ELVES how could we be so blind.

9 Likes

Hey look, I haven’t followed the last few months of posts. I didn’t know that no-changers are actually using gradation now when it comes to requesting changes. Maybe I am still stuck in change or no change. This new fangled logic of “no changes except for my idea because it is worthy of a second look” is pretty confusing for me.

RP-PVP servers existed in vanilla as an authentic server option. Flying mounts didn’t exist until BC. I’m not sure how you’re making this connection but it seems disingenuous.

6 Likes

If RP-PvP servers existed in vanilla (which I do not remember), then indeed I stand corrected.

Did you even read my OP? I have Data proving this come on Whiskee tsk tsk, RP-PVP servers where in 1.8 Which is in the timeline of Vanilla and in the no change policy 1.1-1.12

2 Likes

I don’t see why there shouldn’t be one just for authenticity’s sake. I used to play on one, RP-WPvP totally happened. If I enjoyed the pvp leveling experience I’d be very upset we don’t appear to be getting one. Feel for you guys, an RP-PvP vs a plain PvP experience is very different.

4 Likes