#RP-PVP Realms, Reconsider One Realm

I’m not to sure I’ve seen screaming about this, I would assume AV is more screaming or sharding, and wait there are topics about this on youtube? That’s fantastic more propaganda for the machine

3 Likes

I was about to give you crap till you mentioned AV.

You sir… are right :slight_smile:

Again… I am pro RPPVP I am. I want you all to have a home from the start.

4 Likes

Blizzard said they want to improve the launch experience compared to 2004, right? Having all server types available at launch would be a huge improvement, guys… think about it…

For some of us, RPPvP was our entire experience of retail Vanilla WoW.

Please, let us come home, too.

8 Likes

Bump just one realm blizz, you’ll see it maxed out constantly

7 Likes

Sounds like a improved launch experience.

2 Likes

+1 for an RP-PvP server. I was heavily considering making this realm type my home, as I’m familiar with RP realms, but not PvP realms. I was looking forward to potentially experiencing something new all while still being on a server that fosters roleplay.

I think I saw in another thread that the RP-PVP community wants to come to a consensus and agree to join a normal PvP server. To me, it would make more sense to select an RP server and then have the RP-PvP community agree to flag themselves in contested zones, or just stay flagged after a certain level (20 or so). All that is mute however if Blizzard does the right thing and provides a server at launch.

Keep fighting the good fight!

6 Likes

There is no sign of Blizzard understanding the community on this! But they have been humble and made complete 180s on some of their previous decisions, like loot trading, spell batching, and content phases!

Be sure to tweet at Ion and make yourself heard.

https://twitter.com/watcherdev?lang=en

2 Likes

I’m not a role player, but I can’t imagine that Blizz will not start up Classic with at least one PVP/RP server. Clearly there is demand for it. And in real dollars, it doesn’t cost them anything to spin up another server.

4 Likes

Ion Hazzikostas has already gone on record twice saying he doesn’t want to do it because it’s too niche, and he is concerned about long term server population health.

The irony of this position is that not having an RPPvP server at launch is the single best way to hurt the long term server health of RPPvP.

Forcing people to reroll? Exoduses from existing RP servers, which are already small?

Classic is supposed to improve upon the 2004 launch experience. Having all server types at launch would be a clear and easy way for a massive improvement.

Sounds cheesy but every single day I pray that they release 1 RPPvP server in USA region.

For many of us, our Vanilla experience was RPPvP. We want to come home, too.

7 Likes

Truly you are living up to your name that is hopefan, as i said there’s time for us to get our point across we must spread awareness for those coming back from so many years ago! No doubt they also took to-PvP servers for granted

2 Likes

Shimazu - Tauren Warrior

How about we roll on a RP-PvP realm instead of a RP-PvE and PvP? The PvEers on the RP server won’t flag themselves, thus ruining immersion. And the PvP realm? They don’t RP so that will ruin immersion. We need a RP-PvP server.

8 Likes

Blizzard definitely needs at least 1 RP-PVP server at launch. We are a big enough crowd to deserve representation and I hope they see that before release.

8 Likes

C’mon guys. It’s one server. Test the waters with one server. You won’t be disappointed.

3 Likes

I’m going to remain positive that Blizzard is watching, reading and will reward our humble request to let all players choose from the original 4 Vanilla realm-types.

Fanghelm said it clear as day:

2 Likes

Ion said it’s too niche, i think he doesn’t realize that his opinion is irrelevent and that RP-PvP is STILL a server type that needs representation

9 Likes

How about this - prior to official launch Blizzard asks through Battle.et account which server we want PRIOR to launch so Blizzard gets both a starting population feel AND server choices. Maybe allow you to make the first character beforehand and that char is waiting there for you to join/play for the first time, already on a server if you want to check that box. That way we can poke blizzard when choosing type of server we want so we can get RP-PvP.

2 Likes

Say, you know…that’s not a bad idea. Marry it to the Launch Announcement. Maybe a banner right on the front page.

1 Like

Imo, either have a rp pvp server at launch, or simply don’t have them at all.
If rp pvp servers get introduced months into project, it will splinter the rp population.
And the fresh rp pvp server, will attract more then only that splintered rp community.
The fresh hype is real, and it would draw in the wrong crowd.
Pls pls reconsider.

9 Likes

couldn’t agree more. The fresh hype from pservers will detract from a late rp-pvp launch.

4 Likes