#RP-PVP Realms, Reconsider One Realm

It looks like I stand corrected and I apologize to you for my error.

I support rp-pvp servers now! I started on an RP server (scarlet crusade) in a pvp guild (Xukuth d Oloth) that was decidedly not RP. But I dig your argument now that I am an informed poster.

I can admit when I am wrong and huzzah to you!!

4 Likes

I don’t see the downside from calling one server RP-PvP. Worst case scenario it becomes just another PvP server.

6 Likes

Were you in honorbound back then? I was in Martyr’s Blood

1 Like

RP-PVP has a unique flavor that you can’t get on the other realms. I wish to voice being in favor of this realm. Funny thing is that it will be more popular than the normal RP realms.

8 Likes

This is extremely unlikely.

Remember that by nature of the survey being an opt-in online for fans, it skews the demographic of the respondents. There has never been any point in the history of WoW where PVP server populations as a whole outnumbered PVE server populations, because casual players overwhelmingly prefer PVE servers.

This particular correlation means that yes, the surveys have more responses for PVP servers; but the survey respondents are already selected from players who skew hardcore by the simple virtue of even knowing about the survey, much less caring enough to respond to it.

(edit: Of course this is not an argument against RP-PVP. I want to play on RP-PVP myself and of course I support there being a server for us. I just wanted to correct the assumption I’ve seen a few times here that it will be more popular than RP-PVE, or in general that PVP servers have any chance at all of being more popular than PVE.)

2 Likes

Being perfectly honest, we may never truly know if RP-PVP or RP servers would be more popular, since RP servers launched at start, while RP-PVP servers launched towards the end of Vanilla. Not saying that i don’t think RP servers would be more popular, because i think they would be but it’s a interesting thought none the less.

Also keep in mind a good chunk of people didn’t even know RP-PVP servers where a thing in Vanilla, not saying i disagree with you but it’s food for thought.

7 Likes

I didn’t. In hindsight, I’d have saved myself a whole lot of money and time server-hopping if I’d known enough to try an RP-PvP server first. I’d have never gone anywhere else. The people are just the best.

4 Likes

I was in Uroborus for most of my raiding in BC but after WOTLK came out it died. I can’t remember why just know it did. Then i joined Paradigm because Uroborus was kind of friends with a ton of people in Paradigm. I was only with them for a few months i think in WOTLK before went to Honorbound due to crazy raid leader yelling and stuff not at me but others…he always going off at people. I think that’s when Paradigm was done for really at that point as people started to leave them. The people in Honorbound have always been nice friendly people since I started in BC so I stayed with them for the rest of the time I played but game was no fun as they just hand you gear these days so I wait for classic now.

Martyr’s Blood. I’m pretty sure I had a friend in that guild but I can’t remember his name. I think it was a mage that was a father of my tank lol. He mostly got on just to farm gold lol. That or someone else I meet and liked.

1 Like

You touch on something important there and something that needs to be considered if they do not release rppvp at launch: how many people on rp servers since launch of vanilla, did not want to give up their established characters in established guilds and established storylines on established rp realms, when they finally got around to making rppvp servers? How would the numbers have played out had they not made that mistake back at the beginning in 2004?

Another pitfall if they hold off on launching till the future:
Wave of players server hopping, not becausethey actually enjoy rppvp realms, but rather because they are locusts looking for the newest fix of F R E S H
Sure way to poison a server from the start.

7 Likes

Roleplayers join communities and it is hard to just up and abandon work, effort, history, relations, and time to just move to a server that is slightly more preferable. As RP-PVP realms came later, they would always be playing catch up. Either way both of our opinions are biased as we just don’t have a fair comparison, even Blizzard.

6 RP-PVE realms were added after the first RP-PVP realms appeared. 3 RP-PVP realms were added after the first 3 were released. RP-PVE had 7 realms prior. In my eyes that symbolizes that RP-PVP grew astronomically well after starting 10 months behind. We will just never know for sure as they never had the same starting line.

Also, I want to point out that EU English realms added 5 RP-PVP after 4 RP-PVE realms and ended with only 6 RP realms. I can’t comment on population.

https://wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/Realms_list

For a list of realms

1 Like

To the top!

RP-PVP Server

2 Likes

For the RP-PvP server!

4 Likes

Honestly I never understood the point of a RP (PvE) server…if immersion is the key, why play on a PvE server?

4 Likes

I don’t normally post on these kind of threads, but I was assuming there would be at least a single RP-PvP Server. I was really hoping to bring back the glory days of VeCo!

VECO IS FOR FITE

5 Likes

Yes please, instead of a normal RP realm just make an RP-PvP server. Most RPers wont mind at all because it will encourage RP PvP campaigns and make it more immersive. As someone who’s been on Emerald Dream for years, I beg you Blizzard to make a RP-PvP server for classic. I miss real RP-PVP realms so much and it would add so much to the game. In addition, PvPers often like to go to RP-PvP realms because either immersion or even just to troll but either way I guarentee it will be one of the most populated servers.

3 Likes

Well, I wouldn’t ask the have our RP-PvP server put forward “instead of” another groups’ RP server. I’d ask for our RP-PvP server put forward “in addition to”. I don’t want to ask to sacrifice 1 for another.

2 Likes

Aren’t the RP-PVE servers pretty popular on live? They probably need a couple of them.

I’d like one RP-PVP server and I hope it is high population, like Emerald Dream is on live.

1 Like

Yea I remember paradigm. Nightmare guild. Honorbound and Martyrs Blood always had good relations. Good people in honorbound.

1 Like

Well there are no RP-PVP servers or any PVP servers anymore so, i’d hope so.

Also yea let’s not make this an us vs them, Rp-PVE are our comrades…MOSTLY so.

1 Like

Thereby permitting all the retail players who are (as demonstrated by their coming to troll this forum) offended by the existence of Classic to vote, while not permitting any of the people who aren’t subscribing until Classic is there to subscribe to to vote?

1 Like