#RP-PVP Realms, Reconsider One Realm

Then why are they so nervous to release a single RP-PvP server? Since WoW has regions I can see some regions being less popular than others. Maybe they project those regions to have too few numbers to fairly have RP-PvP at all.

The thing is we don’t technically know if there will be regional servers. I can’t imagine they wouldn’t but still.

Yeah it’s just so annoying. I mean what drawback is there to having an RP-PVP server? Really?

4 Likes

I don’t have a source handy, but they have mentioned “regions” so indeed it’s a safe assumption that there is absolutely going to be at least EU region and Americas region, and possibly China (since the Chinese client has different assets as the Chinese Communist Party bans certain depictions of skeletons, etc).

So it’s understandable if there is an Oceania region, they won’t get RPPvP.

But Americas region should be getting a good amount of servers…

Again, if there are at least 2 RPPvE servers in a single region, just convert one of them to RPPvP! Extremely easy solution. If the RPPvE server overfills, then they can release a new one.

1 Like

Because it is something other than nervousness. It is one of two things:

• Someone with decision making power has something personal against RPPVP servers
  • Blind ignorance of the demand
2 Likes

Lots of great posts and support. Thanks everyone!

3 Likes

Hopefully people can see how this is a terrible experience for an RPPvP player.

Here is a layout of the possible outcomes from the perspective of an RPPvP player:

1. Do you roll on a PvP server gambling that character transfers will be permitted?
    -If not permitted, you waste months of time.
    -If yes, such an exodus can hurt existing servers and eviscerate guilds and friend groups with some people transferring and some opting to not $$$ pay and stay.

2. Do you wait for the release of an RPPvP server, thinking you’ll start when the server opens?
    -If no such server even opens, you forever missed the curve and fresh server experience for no good reason.
    -If yes, and they offer transfers, then you will be behind compared to people that paid for a transfer.

Hopefully you can see that no matter the combination of outcomes, not having an entire server type at launch, ie not even a single RPPvP server at launch, severely hurts the RPPvP players.

This is not 2004 and it’s not patch 1.8. It’s meant to recreate patch 1.12, “the definitive version of Vanilla WoW,” according to Blizzard.

Maybe in 2004, with ~10 million players, it wasn’t such an issue.

But if Ion is really concerned about server population health like he claims, and if there really is going to be a “lean server list” in Classic WoW, then neglecting to release any RPPvP servers at all at launch does nothing but hurt any chances at a genuinely healthy RPPvP server and player experience.

Just try to put yourself in the shoes of an RPPvP player and see how this is an incredibly crappy experience no matter how things turn out, unless they offer your server type at launch.

7 Likes

Eyo, I think a lot of people coming to post here also forgot what a PVP server really is and or was. I mean you can’t compare warmode to a PVP server, because it really is just a normal server.

A RP-PVP server really gives the whole faction pride thing to everyone even if you don’t RP, even if you’re just a guy who loves to gank folk, Rpers on both sides are accepting that when they sigh up for this. On a RP server this is frowned upon.

On RP servers, the whole faction war is more of a side show as well, and on RP-PVP servers It’s easier to manage PVP events V.I Forums, and now with discord so people who don’t want to get involved now have a chance to leave the zone.

As i kept saying, all we can really do is continue to show that there is an interesting. That tweet is from 26th, we have month’s before classic comes out CONTINUE TO COMPLAIN WITHOUT QQ THERE WOULD BE NO CLASSIC ANYWAY

5 Likes

So I spent some time on an RP server in the past with my ex-wife. I really enjoyed it. I’m not much of an rper myself but being able to participate or observe some public rp events was pretty enjoyable. Much more than sitting around in a capital doing nothing like I would on a normal server. But I noticed that there would be people who would come for the server for what seemed to be no purpose other than trolling and harassing rpers for no clear reason.

Some of my experiences here are heavily biased, but generally when people try to make lists of “worst server behavior” in group finder you frequently see people listing the same pvp mega servers over and over. And my own experience has found that people on pvp servers tend to be more… “aggressive” with their attitudes.

Even if the rp-pvp crowd chooses a pvp server to play on and they all go to it I have no doubt they will be subject to a great deal of targeted harassment and trolling, beyond what would normally happen on an rp server.

With that thought process in mind I’m completely unable to understand why Blizzard has elected to leave out an rp-pvp server short of having an incredibly small amount of servers.

Even if they are planning such a small number of severs I really feel they need to reconsider leaving out the rp-pvp crowd and provide at least one server.

4 Likes

Your comment is so fragmenting to this whole endeavor and I think my post has gone far over your head.

We’ve created a Discord to centralize RP-PvP leaders to have a clean, well thought out discussion and plan server wide events for WoW Classic.

RP-PvP is RP.

RP is at the heart of everything we are and have been fighting for. It dosen’t mean all we want is to RP on a PvP server. We’re fighting for a whole community of people who feel aren’t being valued.

3 Likes

Sorry for being fragmented.

RP-PVP is NOT RP. It is RP-PVP

Just using RP as your placeholder does not line up with the thousands more who only wanted RP. That is all I am saying.

I am not saying RP-PVP is wrong.
I am not saying you should not have the choice for RP-PVP
I am saying the RP-PVP community does not speak for the RP community as a whole.
NOR does the RP-PVE community speak for you.

That is all my friend.

1 Like

This isn’t important to the matter at hand.

No idea where the confusion is coming from here. Many people, including myself, feel RPPvP is the definitive RP experience just like others feel PvP is the definitive WoW experience.

That being said, absolutely RP =/= RPPvP just like WoW =/= PvP.

RPPvP vs RPPvE are distinct experiences, as different as PvP vs PvE, which is one of the reasons it would be absurd to be missing any of these server types at launch.

And it is important to use the accurate labels, such as RPPvP. It is a distinct server type and should be typed out when discussing it, of course. No need for argument there.

Not having an RPPvP server in addition to RPPvE is as absurd as not having a PvP server in addition to PvE.

That’s like saying
“let’s just release PvE servers and no PvP servers at all, and then after launch if there is demand, only then will we release any PvP servers.”

??? like wtf??? You see how absurd that is? That’s the position we’re in as RP players. There has to be both RP-PvP and RP-PvE available at launch.

8 Likes

I agree! - I wish to see all 4 Vanilla Realm-types at launch!

6 Likes

We should get 1 RP-PvP server

5 Likes

If we can’t get a RP-PVP server we should just get a RP server where it has a PVP ruleset, I.E all territory’s that aren’t say… Like starting zones flag for you PVP, yet it’s still a RP Server. So if you’re a horde in the barrens and went into say Stonetalon or Ashenvale you would get flagged.

2 Likes

+1 RP-PVP server. As how on earth whether I play classic or don’t could they use metrics to gauge whether or not there was interest in that type of server. I think likely the Devs for classic are constrained by Activision to limit initial servers to ensure enough interest and shard, shard, shard until its proven more unique servers are needed.

3 Likes

Imagine if blizz adds one to satisfy us and it’s the server with the largest population.

8 Likes

No joke, if it’s just 1 RP-PvP server, this is a very real possibility.

9 Likes

This would probably happen if they did only open up one RP-PVP server, people would just think to themselves. “Huh, what the heck is this?” Then embrace enlightenment that follow’s.

One server type would just seem so unique that i wouldn’t doubt it’d be marked “full” all the time.

3 Likes

I am now firmly on the “Give them one RP-PVP Realm” bandwagon.

Why?

So you stop posting these bloody threads.

4 Likes

+1 for one RP PVP server. I have always played on them and while I really don’t RP I always enjoyed the community so much better than a strict PVP server.

12 Likes