#RP-PVP Realms, Reconsider One Realm

Parton, we are the OLDEST one of these threads in support of it, also it’s not a bandwagon it’s a friendship wagon i hope you enjoy joy and serenity forever. (Also RP-PVP)

3 Likes

lol…I can live with that. :rofl:

1 Like

I’m in the exact same boat. The community is so much more into itself. Faction pride lends itself not only to wpvp, but lasting friendships…and nemesis. It’s just a better, more immesive world to play on.

2 Likes

Pintero you’re doin Great things buddy :wink:

2 Likes

It’s sad as heck. I’m thinking there might be some pressure from Execs in these decisions.

There are so many of us that rely on an RPPvP server… no RPPvP pretty much obviates my Classic WoW experience.

Do I wait for a new server opening? I won’t reroll after months of effort on a character…

What if they offer transfers? Then I will be behind the curve…

A total spit in the face for RPPvP players…

Ions excuse of “but in 2004 it wasn’t there at launch” is completely nonsensical since he himself claimed they want to “improve the launch experience.”

Then how come we’re getting sharding? How come no 5 hour login queues? How come no constant server crashes? How come no patch 1.0 and 8 debuff slots?

Part of “improving the launch experience” is actually having all server types available at launch.

5 Likes

Someone is definitely still skeptical about WoW Classic and telling them “Minimal servers, you won’t have the numbers”. Probably J Allen Brack.

3 Likes

I wish there was some method they could use to estimate the number of Classic players. Guessing isn’t cutting it. Maybe some promo…

3 Likes

They could have both gotten an injection of funds as well as firm numbers for servers needed with a box cost, but someone chased that horse out of the stables long ago the instant they spouted “lol, free with retail sub”.

I definitely would buy a physical boxed set if were offered. I loved how the original WoW set had different art designs from which to choose.

2 Likes

I mean how hard would it be to set up a special edition pre-paid sub? Would act like a box cost, would count as an “I’m In!” for classic. Make it a 1-month prepay (or longer if one wishes) that would not start “working” until classic is released. Would that not create a metric to go by?

Of course that would not really narrow down the numbers that would want to play on RPPVP realms at startup, but it is absurd that we actually have to beg for something so obviously needed.

Ion Hazzikostas says he wants healthy server populations. So do we.

Not having an RPPvP server at launch is the single worst thing that can be done to make an unhealthy server population,

because some people won’t reroll, guilds and friend groups will be split, if there are transfers some people won’t pay and people that waited for the new server to play will be disadvantaged, and the PvP servers that see an exodus will be hurt.

Please, make your voices heard.
Keep posting here, tweet at Ion
https://twitter.com/watcherdev?lang=en
Post on the subreddit
https://www.reddit.com/r/classicwow/comments/b9qyog/rppvpservernoise_blizz_i_got_a_guild_ready_to/

And do what I do… I pray to Elune every day that 1 RPPvP server is available at launch. Please, Classic WoW team. This is our life for many of us… a second life. Please, let us come home too.

5 Likes

Yea.

The pre-order (whether boxed set or some other kind of sub discount pre-purchase) form could inquire which server type(s) were preferred (with undecided as an option). Would not be 100% accurate yet could still very useful.

1 Like

Playing on a PvP server used to mean something. Now we have Warmode, and all the servers have been normalized. Classic rewinds that idea. Rightfully so, I’d add that it is only logical to add RP-PvP servers if you’re going for that authentic Vanilla flavor. Vanilla had 4 realm types to choose from - That’s the flavor I want. I want RP-PVP!

3 Likes

Been on TN since its second day live. What guild were you in out of curiosity?

TN is a SHADOW of its former self, but it was great back in the early days.

1 Like

The Grim. :black_medium_small_square:
Could not have done what we did on other than a RPPVP server.

1 Like

The Grim eh?! The Sword had plenty of skirmishes with them back in the day. Cheers to good times!

2 Likes

Joined Twisting Nether when I started the game during TBC. Played on a few other servers since then, but never another RP-PvP server. I have to say, there is a particular flavour on RP-PvP servers that you just don’t get anywhere else. Even if you’re not an RPer there’s things that go down that you just don’t see anywhere. The big in-character feuds between guilds of the opposite faction (even better when it’s same faction IMHO), guilds patrolling the lowbie areas, that one guild that puills of an in-character, all-paladin raid clear (Kara, yeah yeah, not Vanilla but that’s not the point) just to name a few.

It would be a true shame if we didn’t get to see that again.

@The Grim: You guys were really, really awesome. Even if you were a bunch of filthy Horde.

6 Likes

Peace through Annihilation

1 Like

That is so hilarious. and so misguided.

Just saying man. I know you want it… And I know you think its the most important thing in the world. And I think they should offer one.

But you are WAY over thinking how popular they where. The numbers we can find online AND the numbers they have internally dont lie man.

Numbers against how you feel. The numbers sometimes always win.

Remember, I think they should have one. But I also don’t think its as big of a deal as many are screaming about on the forums and youtube.

Just my .02

I think Blizz may be underestimating the power of a potentially very enthusiastic niche audience to promote the game.

9 Likes