#RP-PVP Realms, Reconsider One Realm

Relax, turbo. No need to go attacking people because they disagree with you. Your life must be sad bud.

Ah. Not someone who made an incorrect assumption, but a troll. Noted.

Unfortunately, it’s unfair for both the PVP and RP-PVP crowd that rolls on that server for a couple reasons.

What happens to that server if they do roll out a RP-PVP server after launch. The RP-PVP crowd is forced to either stay on that realm or completely wipe their progress and start over on the new RP-PVP server.

What happens to that PVP server when the whole RP-PVP crowd leaves? It could potentially be a dead server. That would 100% be blizzards fault.

It’s weird that they are planning on having a RP-PVE server but not a RP-PVP server?!

3 Likes

How much sense does that make really? To wait until after the pop drops, and then open one or some? Tourists are going to be an issue for every server.

Which would probably be true for any server. Yes, very much a problem with opening later. And very much an issue for me personally. I don’t want to ask my friends to uproot. Then of course there’s the other side of that coin = What if Blizz just doesn’t ever make any? How long am I / we supposed to “wait and see”?

I can see that if they wait until after the servers have become established. If Classic turns out to be huge within days of launch, and there’s a need to open more…and they still don’t open RP-PvP….I’m going to have a problem handing over my money.

2 Likes

Is it weird tho? Out of character?
Say “Warmode”.
Very much in character unfortunately…very much.

5 Likes

That is the scary part. Those that saw warmode as a good idea are all too close to those making classic happen. God only knows who is making the decision on stuff like this.

3 Likes

It doesint make any sense, actually. It’s like being a concession stand at a baseball game. Who refuses to sell hot dogs because their just not sure anyone will want some.

Owner: Let’s just wait and get through a couple of games and see if anyone attempts to buy Hot dogs, If enough people ask, well bring them in on game 7!"

Employee: But people have been vocal about wanting hotdogs! the last three games.

Owner: Still not conviced there is enough demand.

Employee: But people actually are asking for it. And you have already lost sales because of it. And if you continue to not carry them. People will go elswhere because they know other concession stand have hot dogs. By the time you get them in everyone will just go elsewhere.

You see the owner is waiting until enough hamburgers are eaten, which will tell him how many people actually wanted hot dogs.
This is the logic that blizzard is using.

3 Likes

This. . JUST STOP

RP is not RPPVP… I keep seeing people say I want to roll on an RP server as if its assumed its PVP and thats why people are upset.

Historically IT WAS NOT LIKE THAT

Give them a RPPVP server as a choice Blizz… BUt please… everyone stop making RPPVP = RP

If a rppvp server is created, I will be there. I have found rppvp to have all the combat of a regular pvp server, and with the bonus of having a better community of players.

3 Likes

My guild was planning on having a small presence on a Classic RP-PvP realm.

Without an RP-PvP realm, pretty much none of us will play Classic.

RP servers and RP-PvP servers are not the same. There are a lot of us who don’t want training wheels on our RP.

A single RP-PvP realm would be perfect.

4 Likes

RPPVP is RP with actual substance and teeth.

I wonder how many of the people on RP realms since release would have actually rolled on a RPPVP realm had they been available at launch instead of months after the fact.

2 Likes

Great post!

I highly support this. Being my main server in current before unsubbing is Emerald Dream, an RP-PVP server. The RP and PVP elements feed into each other so beautifully with large guilds that work together.

2 Likes

Have to agree with this 100% for all the reasons you listed.

It will split guilds and friends. What if not everyone wants to reroll? It will destroy friend groups and guilds.

It can kill existing servers. What if many RPPvP players roll on a prechosen PvP server, then there’s a mass exodus after launching? It can cripple the PvP server.

What if you really wanted to play RPPvP, but (this is so insane) that entire server type was not available at all? Do you not play and wait?

Do you choose a random PvP server hoping that your PvP server gets transfers? Taking the huge gamble? Or not even bother playing at all?

Makes no sense whatsoever.

I can see the sense in Ion’s concerns. But the solution isn’t zero RPPvP servers…

The solution is, if he’s really concerned, 1 RPPvP server for NA. Then they can gauge the interest all they need.

Not having an RPPvP server at launch is a great way to give a big flak you to the RP community and inflict a terrible blow to their long term health.

2 Likes

And with the cloud infra should be easily doable cost wise. More risk in not having rp-pvp at launch IMO.

2 Likes

I could handle every other curve-ball they threw at us. I even swallowed the sharding at launch pill… Eventually.

No RP-PVP servers on launch though might be the one thing that actually makes me postpone my subscription as I don’t want to restart later on. Classic is a commitment and life is too short to throw away my time on a server I’m not really engaged with. If I was okay with that, I’d be playing pservers right now!

5 Likes

I’m really starting to wonder if we’re going to get like 3-6 servers. Surely more than that.

2 Likes

I’d be surprised if we get more than 10.

While we know that concurrent server populations are (in genuine Vanilla) approximately 2.5k, we don’t know what the total population is, this has never ever been discussed in specific (but the former value was confirmed by an ex-Vanilla WoW dev).

So let’s say every server has 10k total population. How many people do we expect to play Vanilla? If 500,000 people play, then that’s 50 servers…

If there is going to be at least 2 RPPvE servers, then any reasonable person would argue that one of them should be converted to RPPvP.

If the RPPvE server is overfilled, then an extra one can be opened! Absolutely no harm!

But if there is absolutely no RPPvP server at launch… the harm in that has already been lined out.

2 Likes

I completely agree.

2 Likes