Rp Pvp Name Violation

We wished and hoped and finally it was revealed we would get an rp pvp server, we all cheered and not only that now we have two rp pvp! We are so grateful. Here comes the but…
But! Have you seen the multitude of non rp names?? 100’s of them, graphic, sexist, multiple word in one names. 5 minutes in Sw and youll see dozens of rp name violations. Its so disheartening.
Are we just waiting for the dust to settle before moving on this issue, or is this just an rp server in name alone? Any news would be great.

Blizzard RP Name Policy Link
https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/135764

Original RP-PVP post with 35k views and 2.6k replies
#RP-PVP REALMS, RECONSIDER ONE REALM

14 Likes

so I cant name my character dingus?

7 Likes

I have an acquaintance though other friends that we called “Dingus”. I don’t see a problem with it personally.

I remember this always being the case for the RP servers, people rolling with names that aren’t ruleset compliant at all. This sort of thing always happens, best you can do is report and move along.

4 Likes

Well this is a thing right click report makes easy.

5 Likes

I’m sure you must realize people are playing on any server they can get on without a huge queue. A very very small % of the population of RP servers especially the RPPVP servers like grobb are actually interested in RP. they picked it because they saw medium or low pop the other day. I’m sorry but thats just the facts. maybe after several months it will get better

Just report them? If it bothers you. This has happened since 2005 lol

5 Likes

You realize no one is going to actively sit and read through tickets you file about non-roleplay server names right? Literally no one is going to hire a staff to do that. For the same reason non-UNICODE characters used to not be allowed in your character name but eventually it became too much work to police that and Blizzard gave up on it.

2 Likes

This, sorry but that’s what the queue thing has cost. Hopefully once things settle they might offer people who are non rp’ers a free transfer off, well you can always hope.

1 Like

Name changes have been forced for violating RP server rules before.
Heck, it was common back when project 60 was a thing and trolls invaded rp servers.

6 Likes

Geesh, get over it.

4 Likes

No
RP servers have rules, deal with it or get off.

19 Likes

/10char

Make me.

5 Likes

I’m not the smartest gal in the world, but I could write a script that would check for and eliminate all non-UNICODE names in about 45 seconds. It’s not rocket science. Just sayin.

1 Like

I already report violating names and people who disrupt rp to begin with.
I’m more than happy to comply with that if I catch you.

9 Likes

It was a joke. Jeez. Lmao

Damn rpers sound like they’re fun at parties

4 Likes

Yes, I would move in a heartbeat to a real rp pvp server if one was offered. On Gromm many players and their guild names are nothing close to rp. So far it appears to be a run away train, I am not the name police and its not my job to be.

Im just disappointed in how excited I got over the proposition of an rp community/server and then to be told it was never going to work anyway so deal with it. Great.

2 Likes

All you can do is report them.

Non-RP names on RP servers have always been a thing. I didn’t roll on RP servers until late TBC, but I don’t remember at that point the naming policy ever being enforced except for blatantly naughty names.

The name thing isn’t going to be enforced. Once the dust settles, you’ll still see them around. With the queue problem I wouldn’t get too upset over it right now, we don’t know how many people are going to go back to Whitemane, Herod, etc once their queues are a little more under control.

1 Like