RP-PVP Confirmed for Classic

It is still a shame that I cannot belf in Classic, but I will still raise a blade for the Horde.

1 Like

You donā€™t have to assume that at all, actually. You want to assume that because you feel it makes you justified in ruining their fun.

It somewhat baffles me that tons of people will gleefully use PvP to live out their dominance fantasies and then wonder why participation in stuff like World PvP, Warmode, etc. are on the decline.

Like, act like a wangrod if you want, but donā€™t act like itā€™s a moral imperative.

7 Likes

are you any good at Quake

3 Likes

Ive heard this argument from your before, Ursuola, and I think its highly irresponsible to publicly conflate dominance fantasies with video gamesā€¦ especially now with the political climate in the USA (where the links between RL violence and video games are being discussed)

Itā€™s like saying boxers or wrestlers and martial artists are more violent/dominant than people who donā€™t participate these activities.

PVP is a game and real life is real life. Donā€™t conflate the two. Highly irresponsible to do so.

2 Likes

I donā€™t like shooters at all. Not a big fan of guns. Iā€™m Canadian :slight_smile:

You know what I am really good at though? Like Rank 1? Forsaken role play. Is that because I am living out my secret Hannibal Lector fantasies? No, of course not. In RL Iā€™m a vegetarian (almost vegan)ā€¦. and the best forsaken RPers I know are vegans LOL.

Seriously, people need to stop conflating make believe with RLā€¦ geesh!

Itā€™s not irresponsible to point out someone who openly supports antisocial behavior harbors antisocial fantasies, no.

4 Likes

PVP is not anti social behavior. The rules of the game are clearly outlined in the ToS. If its red ā€¦ its fair game to kill.

I believe it far more anti social to ignore the clearly established rules of the game (the ToS) and try to impose your own social rules on a gameā€¦ by attempting to shame the participants. (like by calling PVP griefing)

It is just so simple for those who donā€™t want to participate in PVP to not do so (donā€™t flag, donā€™t roll on a pvp realm, donā€™t RP in contested or hostile territory)

PVP is not for everyoneā€¦ for sure. but to make sweeping psychological assumptions on the people who enjoy it IS HIGHLY irresponsible.

5 Likes

It isnā€™t, no. Advocating harassing people because youā€™re bored is.

but to make sweeping psychological assumptions on the people who enjoy it IS HIGHLY irresponsible.

Faux Concern Handwringing aside, nobody did this. Ursuola pointed out the obvious flaw with the behavior you advocate and then you went to the field with a coat and a hat to gather some straw.

6 Likes

PVP is not harassmentā€¦ and if you think it isā€¦well Blizzard has realms perfect for you to roll onā€¦they are called RP realms.

Just do yourself a favor and roll on a regular RP realmā€¦that way you can avoid all the things you donā€™t enjoy (spontaneous pvp, your RP event getting attacked)
Follow your fun!

you are really invested on dying on this hill huh

did you cut a deal with the grim reaper to make sure thatā€™s where you perish

6 Likes

No, but you specifically said you wanted to seek out people who werenā€™t interested to coerce them into it because iTā€™s A rP-pVp SeRvEr. With thousands of other opponents, deliberately seeking out people who donā€™t want anything to do with you is exceedingly antisocial.

This is fun for me. Keep going.

6 Likes

Mage Zendariusā€™ guide to selecting a realm type (for RPers):

1. If you want to RP in contested territory and donā€™t mind/would like to be attacked----> RPPVP realm
  2. If you want to RP in contested territory and choose whether or not you can be killed -----> regular RP realm.

So easy when you follow the ToS!!!

4 Likes

No you donā€™t. You think that by deliberately reading stuff into what I said that was neither stated nor implied, you can get away with concern trolling.

But now that you mention itā€¦

Boxers, wrestlers, and martial artists are interested in willing and fair competition against similarly capable opponents for the purpose of bettering themselves.

Ganking RPers during an event demonstrates none of those attitudes, and the culture this game has of saying that it does shouldnā€™t be tolerated.

11 Likes

You need to see it from another side too, Ursula. I love getting ganked at an eventā€¦cause it gives my character the opportunity to develop in game rivalriesā€¦ which further my story and character development. Many true RPPVERs enjoy getting ganked at all timesā€¦ even mid-emote.

And you might not know me as I havenā€™t hosted any events on WrAā€¦ but I have hosted some very large and very successful RPPVP events on EDā€¦ and as the event organizerā€¦ I consider my event a FAIL ā€¦ if it doesnā€™t get attacked by an adversary.

1 Like

But you always do that, especially with Orcs/horde/wpvpers.

3 Likes

Recognizing that your desires are not universal is like, Living In A Society 101, man.

It costs exactly zero dollars to not just assume that complete strangers want to have their evenings disrupted, but thatā€™s not the culture, so everyone just sort of pretends that theyā€™re honor-bound to corpse-camp people in leveling greens.

6 Likes

I sometimes am less pointed in my words than I need to be for my argument to work, but my aim has always been to point out bad behavior and its causes, hence why I also protested Feral Worgen when they were around, Night Elf Breeder Politics when they were around and Human Male Paladin Syndrome whenever it shows up.

The WPvPer thing seems to be a recurring grudge with you, but I cannot be held responsible for the edifices you build in my name, nor am I required to pay rent on them.

Itā€™s not my desires. Blizzard accommodates all RP play styles with different realm types/blue flagging, sanctuaries, contested territories and faction safe zones. People need to follow the rulesā€¦ and not make up their own. Following the well documented rules are Living In A Society 101.

1 Like

Is it crappy behavior to attack/be attacked during a RP event out in the wilds? Sure, I can agree with that, but playing on a RP-PVP server you are more or less signing a contract that you are willing to accept that risk and unless it is something like targeted harassment or abuse.

3 Likes

All rules are made up. ā€œIf Itā€™s Red, Itā€™s Deadā€ is made up. The only reason we have that concept and not ā€œIf Itā€™s Red, Stop And Bow And Try To Create A Fair Contestā€ is because part of the culture of World PvP is caring more about dominating opponents than fairly competing with them.

7 Likes