RP-PVP Confirmed for Classic

At long last. Home. Kill. Fight. Salute.

https://classic.wowhead.com/news=294303/rp-pvp-realm-coming-to-wow-classic

2 Likes

Very nice.

2 Likes

An RP-PvP realm

Well… it’ll be packed that’s for sure.

1 Like

I’m nervous but here’s hoping no big streamer picks it.

4 Likes

If they do, we’ll just go visit him and kill him a lot.

6 Likes

A lot of the big name EDers are going there so the atmosphere will more than likely be similar to old ED.

And Streamers hate going there.

3 Likes

I guess we’ll have to see what happens.

1 Like

Annnnnnd…any RP-nonPvP realm? Yes? No?

In my experience trying to RP when PvP is enabled is a standing invitation for trolling and griefing. I started playing this game on Ravenholdt and moved elsewhere for that specific reason.

7 Likes

Those were confirmed when classic was announced.

4 Likes

I have mixed feelings about this. On one hand I think it is awesome to be out in the world where you can be attacked by enemies, and it adds to my immersion in a way. I like the idea of open wPvP, especially limited to one realm again.

On the other hand, I used to just run around flagged all the time for that on WrA anyway, and it was also nice to be able to turn it off if I wanted to attend an RP event without people worrying about getting raided. Having the toggle option is nice.

I don’t know. Maybe I will try both.

3 Likes

Oh, good. I never actually heard that news; I’ve been wondering.

2 Likes

I’m glad it’s an option but personally I’m so-so about it, I probably won’t get to play classic until I’m back in November so by then I’ll hopefully be able to see what has the most stable and consistent RP community (or w/e ones my friends went to) and go with that. If most people went RP-PVP I’ll do that but if most went pure RP then that’ll be where I go.

I don’t think I’ll actually hit level cap and play super competitively on the classic servers so it really just depends on which server has the most people pretending to be elves on.

1 Like

Have fun storming each others’ cities!

1 Like

In general, I’m glad when people get the stuff they’ve been asking for. I just won’t be participating in it.

3 Likes

It’ll only work if they enforce the RP angle, otherwise it will end up being a place where bad PVPrs hunt for easy prey.

3 Likes

YYYYYYYYYYYEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!

Complete sentence.

3 Likes

Pretty much this. Of course, as a hordie, i wont have to worry about forsaken rogues when i play a forsaken -taps forehead meme-

5 Likes

You’d be surprised how much the “prey” was actually “prey”.

They weren’t prey.

2 Likes

Definitely cool news. How many Classic RP servers are we looking at?

1 Like

Servers will be announced sometime this weekend, so people know in advance for the name reservations on the 12th.

1 Like