RP-PVP Conclave - **Updated Link**

Regional RP-PvP communities demand acknowledgment of our most pressing concern: The lack of including RP-PvP Realm Types in World of Warcraft: Classic

What we are asking for: PvP server with RP rule-set

What does that mean?
Well specifically speaking, back in the day Blizzards RP rule-set was as follows:

'The General Chat Channel should only be used for finding Story Lines (SLs), finding Party Groups and various other discussions pertaining to Base Story Line (BSL), game-related topics, and continuity
The General Chat Channel should NOT be used for any “Off-topic,” Non-Story Line or non game-related discussion
Absolutely no out of character (OOC) or Non-Fantasy related dialogue should take place in the /Say, /Yell, or Party Chat Channels
Guild Chat will not be policed for any fantasy related violations
All normal harassment rules still apply

Examples of appropriate conversation in the General Chat Channel:
“Would anyone like to join a Rogue Specific SL?”
“What happened to the Well of Eternity?”

Examples of inappropriate conversation in the General Chat Channel:
“Did you see that new movie?”
“My sister just bought a new car.”

If a player is found violating any of these rules, he/she may:
Be given a warning
Be temporary suspended from the game ’

What RP rules will there be for Classic?
The current policy – If someone is being maliciously disruptive via OOC chat you SHOULD report it and it WILL be investigated as a form of harassment

I strongly believe most RP-PvP players / community leaders don’t know or are largely un-aware of Blizzard and Ion’s nearsightedness regarding their realm type of choice.

RP-PvP Server(s) need to be included as they were in Vanilla, back in patch 1.8

RP-PvP Server(s) were demanded by the community in 2005

RP-PvP Server(s) must be added to World of Warcraft: Classic @ LAUNCH

(Failing to do so compromises the already ’too niche’ community)

RP-PvP Server(s) Affords Role-players and mature community members the choice of a contested, immersive world in a community of like-mined characters.

This is all pre-mature and honestly, hopefully unnecessary – i’d rather have things in place before we find out server names or at the very least stir up conversation with RP-PvP players + like-minded community.

This project would exist to centralize the debate and choose an un-official home on a PvP server!
Thank you for reading!

discord.gg/KTPgfZz

26 Likes

RPer, but not interested in PvP, but I support this!

3 Likes

I like the idea of rppvp server, I’d play on that.

Hopefully no crbg, as that would ruin immersion.

2 Likes

It’s a bit soon for this methinks. It’s still not 100% certain we’re not getting a RP-PVP server on day 1 of Classic.

Have some hope.

4 Likes

We’ve been largely ignored – I truly believe now is the time to get organized and discuss weather or not we should make a home for ourselves on an RP or PvP server and form a ‘blizzard group for RP-PVP dealings’

Once we have actual realm-list it’s easier. Expecting Aug13th to find out server-names.

I think it’s fair that Blizzard addresses the 1.4k post thread about RP-PVP realm-type consideration, something we have YET to see!

2 Likes

Ayyy we have a discord now, gonna have to keep an eye on that. Still hoping we get an official server though since unofficial servers can have problems.

2 Likes

100% Jezalik

This is not ideal but it is all we have to work with currently, as RP-PVPers

2 Likes

If Blizzard won’t give you all a RP-PvP server, why not take over a PvP server and report anyone griefing you for role-playing? If Blizzard won’t give you what you want, just take it by legit means. Organize a lot of people that will all roll on a particular PvP realm and let it be known. For example, Warsong server was known as the unofficial-Brazilian server where the majority of players spoke Portuguese and some English. Blizzard didn’t officially support it, but the community took the server as their own. You may need to do the same. Those who don’t like RP will either deal with it or leave for a different server.

8 Likes

There’s a good chance Blizzard won’t give us RP-PVP servers so we should organize an effort, though we do have to reach out to a lot of folk to actually get this to work. Fact of the matter is we will need to get in touch with all RP-pvpers one way or another and convince them this is the better choice then a RP realm. and use other media outlets word to mouth at this time is our only option, but i’d like for everyone who is in a guild. Or know a group of friends to at least bring this up with them, and keep in touch on here or elsewhere.

2 Likes

I imagine the best bet is going to be for rp-pvpers to reorganize on a “fresh” server when layering goes away (rather than to hope that their presence on a regular pvp server can change its defacto designation). Blizzard (by their own statements) want as few servers as possible at launch. This means that server splits are likely once they feel confident that the majority of the tourists have left. I get the feeling that this is why they don’t want to give people rp-pvp realms, because they want to keep that server list lean.

However, it’s worth noting that if server transfer restrictions hold true to vanilla standards (and they had better!), you won’t be able to transfer from PvE/RP-PVE to PVP/RP-PVP (because it’s so much easier to level and gear up on a PvE server because there all the sociopaths can do is /emote at you) so I highly advise if anyone is holding out for a transfer to an RP-PVP server, should one become available after launch, that you don’t role straight RP until Blizzard has made it clear what restrictions will apply to server transfers.

Vanilla server transfer restrictions were…

• No transfer to High Population servers.
  • No transfers to newly launched servers.
  • No transfers from PvE realms to PvP realms.
  • Six month cooldown period between character transfers.

It remains to be seen what, if any, of those will apply to paid server transfers and
what, if any, will apply to free server transfers (In vanilla, free transfers were never, iirc, to new servers, only from high population ones to low population ones) since you can’t shuffle players between servers if there simply aren’t enough servers to support them all.

1 Like

I feel like this is more than a little premature, but maybe having this groundwork laid ahead of time will be good in the long run just in case.

We’ll know for a fact whether or not there will be an RP-PvP server two weeks before launch on the 13th (which still amuses me because thats my birthday) and that also happens to be when we’ll know all the server names.

So we really can’t truly do anything concrete about this until August 13th.

1 Like

I’ve been hoping we’ll learn server names and types before the 13th, and I thought that was going to be the case. Are you sure we’re not learning the server info until the first day we can make our characters?

I think many of us would like to coordinate with people before the 13th on where we’re rolling. That takes a little time.

1 Like

To be able to keep in touch easier-- as things tend to get lost here, please join our discord! It’s straight to the point with no off-topic wavering.

I don’t know for sure actually, I just know that we’ll know by the 13th because that’s the day name reserves start.

Still, this thread feels like capitulation to me. I feel like we have around a month left in which we can still convince Blizzard to give us an RP-PvP server, especially since the last official communication we got from them was that they were thinking about it and assessing the situation.

Making this thread feels counterproductive. If they ARE reading the forums, seeing this might make them think they don’t need to give us an RP-PvP server after all.

4 Likes

I think it’s not to soon to hold topic and keep discussion coming about what everyone thinks! Ultimately if it’s something we want, we need to get bigger and louder.

This is a stepping stone only a few short weeks away from name saves.

What this post serves to do is create more interest in organizing the RP-PvP community to then later, make a final decision.

1 Like

While I agree we need an RPPVP server, I think its bad to try to push for us to find a PVP server to make it out RP spot.

They’ll see it and go “Oh see, we don’t need to do anything!”

Let us tread carefully.

3 Likes

This probably why they won’t open up a RP-PvP server. Always people expecting special treatment.

3 Likes

We are paying right? This isn’t free welfare service. There’s nothing wrong with discussing what we all like.

1 Like

There is something wrong with looking for special treatment.

“take my play style off the CRZBG list” is asking for special treatment.

1 Like

No, no compromise. I have zero desire to invest in characters on a rp or pvp server. Blizzard needs to have rppvp option at release, no later.

4 Likes