O.G. Grobbulus RP-PvP Discord

Plenty of people were bumping that rp-pvp thread including myself.
Every time I came to the forums I checked to make sure it was still near the top and if not I added a comment.

Don’t go getting all high and mighty now thinking you’re in charge of something because that will not come across well.

4 Likes

Not claiming or wanting to be in charge of anything. Like I said, it’s a good thing the spammers have a place to go. I’m just putting the nip in the idea that Conclave was created in competition with or after the spam discord. And you are right, I apologize for implying that group was the only people bumping the petition.

3 Likes

That’s fine. I really had no idea that the other one was a reddit one.
That kinda answers why there is so much activity.

I did join this one as well.

2 Likes

Called it. The fight over who gets to be server admins has begun. I love my RP communities I do. . But one thing that never changes is the factions on them trying to be top dog.

Hope you all work it out.

3 Likes

just a random aside since the trust system is garbage with links if you use ` (the button above Tab) at the beginning and end of the link it will appear like this

https://discord.gg/qAkbNer

which makes copypasting links so much easier

2 Likes

Invaluable! Thank you!

There are indeed a lot of people in this world who want to be in charge for the sake of being in charge and having power over others, rather than because they’re actually good leaders. WoW has never been any different on that front xD

Glad I got over my own need to be a guild master back in the day when I was 16-19. These days, I know better than to try to take a position of leadership lol.

Good on you for that realization early. . I was in my 30’s. . lol. .

I was a GM of a guild during vanilla. But it was mostly to avoid the “join my guild” spam. I got my signatures but let them know ahead of time my motives.

And to my surprise a few asked to stay because they didn’t want to join guilds either and wanted to get rid of the spam.

So I had a guild for people who didn’t want to join guilds …hahaha
And the guild name was very appropriate … Lone Rangers

I handed it off to someone in the guild sometime early in TBC because I had more work than free time.

2 Likes

Reddit was on a majority VERY against RP-PVP servers in the first place to be fair.

Howdy, this is Susan, #3 poster in #RP-PVP Realms, Reconsider One Realm

Back when RPPVP servers were unknown and our poor community was jumbles wondering where our home would be, the FIRST discord was created to KEEP our community together. If we were left without RPPVP then we had to choose a server to all roll on to keep our community in tact.

The first discord was created JUNE 22

It was a very comfy and simple discord for RPPVPers to come together and communicate and plan our next actions in regards to pushing for RPPVP server.

Once RPPVP was confirmed, the discord began its transition from pushing RPPVP to a place for us to continue to gather and enjoy RPPVP as a server community.

Instead of working together with this already created server, another group popped up creating their own, and since Reddit is a powerful website, was able to gather numbers quickly.

Not only that, they banned him from the server? No competition? I would love to hear their side of the story for the ban.

So far it rubs me the wrong way and the internet has enough of that behavior as it is.

4 Likes

Susan…thank you for the backstory.

1 Like

I have added the link(s) to the known two Grobbulus servers <Realm Discord Servers for NA/EU/OCE> ✨

Please let me know if anything changes.

1 Like

Except one was already created, instead of working together they made their own and insta banned the first discord admin for ‘competition’ reasons.

Pasting a discord link in another discord thread is just poor manners.

1 Like

No worries, there will be quite a few server discord channels for each server and players can choose to use them or not, along with personal guild discords.

I can tell you that my guild would never consider blending our business with someone elses discord for many common sense reasons.

An established discord server to me means, they have been around for a certain period of time and have proven leadership that is available for other leaders in other communities to talk with over coms.

While I can understand the reasoning for wanting to get as many players for a server into 1 discord, you also have to be very careful with those who set it up, who the moderators are, their rules, do they enforce their own rules or play favorites as I have seen happen in other game communities.

I prefer a more limited, structured discord that requires an interview over the mic to get into any admin / moderator roll, and interview in the same capacity any guild leader(ship).

What are each of these discord server rules regarding minors (children) and what type of language is permitted? How are infractions handled, etc. In essence, I prefer quality over quantity.

3 Likes

This thread is a shining example of why you should never join server Discords.

“Noo! You have to join MY Discord! I’m in charge here!”

Because Discords have moderators and the moderators of the “official” Discord start to get too big for their britches, always.

No thanks.

In this case they’re a good tool to find guilds / people to play with, but then people will probably spend more time in their guild discords after that.

I encourage interested members of RP-PvP to check out the RP-PvP Conclave - Now the NA | Grobbulus RP-PvP Discord!

We’ve been updating and working hard to bring RP-PvP communities rules, and agenda’s with intelligent and thoughtful debate to the forefront of the new Grobbulus RP-PvP Community.

Please join us and add your voice where it is needed most!
NA | Grobbulus RP-PvP: https://discord.gg/KTPgfZz

1 Like

Hi I know this is a little late to reply to this post but I was looking for a new Grobb discord server? I tried to join the reddit one but it’s filled with people who likes to talk about drama more than they do about the game? I tried to use the link you have here but it’s expired, is it possible to get a new one?

Sure, make one.